1996 Chevrolet 1500

Excellent truck

by from South Carolina on July 17, 2006

Very dependable, great styling. Availability of stock and performance products are second to none. These truck run forever with only normal maintenance.

Good Truck but ain't most chevys

by from forney, tx on April 7, 2010

Good Truck but ain't most chevys. I like the roominess power of V8 and rides. Turning radius in not great buy hey its an extended cab.

A Truck with Character

by from McAllen TX on August 27, 2011

I bought this primarily to pull a RV camper. Camper is sold but I still have this truck and will probably keep it forever. Had 72K miles on it when I got it in 2005, Now it has 92K So far problems: Water pump; Ball joint and some other front end parts; brakes; tires; windshield; driver's side inside door handle (twice) and recently the expensive fuel pump that is in the gas tank. Still it is VERY comfortable to drive and rides like a car, really. It has not lost any value since I bought it! Amazing! It sets in the garage with a nice coat of wax and doesn't get very much use but when you need a truck, you need a truck!

1996 Chevrolet 1500

by from on June 8, 2010

it's GREAT Truck last forever W/ regular maintenance Alignment, tune ups ,etc. is chipper than fixing

It gets the job done

by from Irwin PA on July 28, 2017

My first truck, 5.0(305) Vortec, not gonna lie its pretty gutless. It gets about what you would expect milage wise with gas, probably better than me being that I drive like I stole it. Even still it always starts up for me even when it had an almost dead battery. Now as a daily driver its not the most economical but its not horrible, when it comes to truck stuff not gonna lie its kind of horrible. I have the Z71 package if it makes a difference but it sags as much with me and my buddy both around 200lbs as my dads 08 1500 with a 4000lb trailer, I hooked up a camper which was around 6000lbs (supposed to have a 6500lb capacity) and i thought the wheels were going to come off the ground. If you're going to do a lot of hauling I don't recommend it, if you're going to do the occasional landscape project, or tow a little boat it should do fine.

Never had a problem with this vehicle

by from Frankfort, IL on August 23, 2017

Tons of room in the front and back. It was very reliable vehicle. it would always start up in the cold. rides very smoothly. has power when you need it.