2003 Astro

2003 Chevrolet Astro

2003 Chevrolet Astro

4.5

Have you driven the 2003 Chevrolet Astro?

a very versatile vehicle

by hunter from Wisconsin on Sat Sep 09 2006

a very family friendly vehicle that can accommodate a family's and sportsmen's needs alike.The rear wheel drive and towing capabilities are unmatched in the minivan category. It does however have more of a truck like ride due to it's shorter wheel base and the truck platform on which the vehicle is built.

First time van owner

by Ollie from Santa Rosa, Calif. on Thu Mar 10 2011

I bought a used 2003 Astro with 60K miles. It is used mostly when the dog is going some where with us. He (the dog) is way to big for my two seater roadsters and is not allowed in the sedan. It has proved useful for other things. I like this van almost 100%. The thing I find most annoying is the turning radius. If you need to make a u-turn you need a lot space and the MPG isn't great. I don't have to recommend this Astro to friends and family because one of them is always asking to borrow it.

Great Truck! Very confortable, reliable and useful

by Mike from Texas on Tue Feb 10 2009

The Astro is a very comfortable, reliable and flexible vehicle. The electric drivers seat and tilt wheel make it easy to get comfortable andf the arm rests on both fron seats is a nice touch. The rear AC system is great to have in the summer. My Astro has a great factory sound system with in-dash CD player. The temperature,compass and trip computer in the overhead console (lots of storage there also) is handy and ther are lots of storage bins around the inside. The Dutch rear doors (1 liftup and two lower side opening) are great. Loading one bag or the month's groceries is a snap. The rear seats fold flat easily so loading long items is no problem. The rear benches come out fairly easily (but they are a bit heavy) if you need to get some big stuff in there. I have the towing option but haven't needed to use it. The ride is a bit truck-like but it's still very comfortable around town or on the road. Gas mileage is about what you'd expect for a truck shaped like a brick, not bad - I get about 16 around town and 19-20 on the highway. The Astro has become the third vehicle in a two car garage, but I'd certainly keep it if we had the room.

'93 was the best but 2003 is great

by luv my van from Texas on Wed Jul 27 2011

We got this 2003 van used w/only 11k miles bought it in 2007 i only have 69k miles on it. It is great for camping because we take out the back seat and yes the seats are heavy. the turning radius really sucks but I know my van and when I can and can't make a turn. It is a smoth ride and comes in handy when my son's football friends need a ride. we all like the AC in the back during the summer months. This is Mom's main vehicle even if my youngest is 17yrs old.

Great van

by apeman in az from Peoria, Az on Tue Jul 21 2009

My wife needed a van and we went to look for one. After checking out a used one, we were guided to a 2002 Astro. It was new and we have almost 2--k on it now. Nothing more than a tune up and water pump and radiator have been done. It still pulls hills and handles curves very well. We wish they were still made as passenger models. R.I.P. Astros, you will be missed.

I love Big Tan!

by JRT limo driver from Long Island, NY on Wed Jun 09 2010

The Astro is a workvan par excellance. This is my 2nd and I love it. I plan on replacing it with a 2005 (last year they were made) when I reach 325,000 miles like I got with the first. It has all the room I need to transport my multiple dogs and necessary stuff to dog shows. It drives great and if I thought it could use a little more ooomph going up hill, hey I'd've gotten a V8 not a V6. This one has the dutch rear doors, and a towing package, but is missing the overhead electrontics package. I miss them and the lighted mirrors. A/C works great and all the power stuff works great for a 7 year old vehicle.

good value

by Sawyer Dan from GREENSBORO on Wed May 16 2018

I would have killed for this car when I was 20 years old. Instead I had to hitchhike around the country. I'm letting my son use this car to tour the country between college and grad school.

Most reliable vehicle I've ever owned

by Jeff from St. Pete Beach, Florida on Sat Dec 16 2017

I decided to write this review because I recently inherited a vehicle that's newer and has considerably less mileage than my 2003 Astro van. Despite a 75,000 mileage difference I'm torn about selling my 15 year-old van. It's been a dependable vehicle that up until now I've never given thought to selling it. Other than replacing the fuel pump the only maintenance I've had to perform other than the usual every 3,000 mile lubes is the air conditioning hoses. I've had that done 2 times and it cost me less than $100 each time at a non-dealer repair shop. The occasional problem with the driver side door lock getting stuck but that's an 5 second fix once you learn how to deal with it.