Love my Avalanche

by from Pescadero, Ca on June 3, 2009

I've had an assortment of trucks through the years but the Avalanche is my all time favorite. Bought it in '08, so far have around 13K trouble free miles. It's sturdy comfy leather seats, excellent sound system, accurate handling and retractable steps make it pleasant driving. I haul a horse trailer with ease though parking can be challenging at times. Plenty of power, not bad on fuel (including flex fuel) and drives so much like a car I can get carried away. Handy bed opens into the back seat where you can haul long items like pipe or lay the rear seats flat and take a nap. I love this truck.

Uses car for Towing

Nicest and most reliable truck I've owned

by from Chiefland Florida on July 1, 2010

We love our Avalanche. The ride is great, as well as the handling and fuel mileage. We average over 20 Mpg on the hiway, and 18 around town/combined. The turning radius is tight, and all-around performance is everything we hoped for and more.

Best vehicle

by from Mandeville, LA on October 7, 2009

I got my avalanche in January and I've put 30,000 miles on it already! It rides smooth and sits up high, compared to my previous cars. This truck is amazing, it's great for traveling, and comfortable for adults. I wouldn't buy anything else.

Loce My Avy

by from Golden, CO on August 29, 2009

I really do love this truck. Incredible styling and comfort. I have the LTZ with 22" wheels and it is a real looker. I have added additional wood trim to the interior to better emulate the EXT and added some chrome pieces to the exterior. I get compliments on this truck all of the time, most people hink it is the Escalade EXT. Save your money and just by the Avalanche, more bang for the buck

Big fan

by from Stamford ct on January 20, 2013

Love the truck! GM needs to relaunch line! Would recommend to anyone looking for luxury, performance and a truck for your gear.

Wow!

by from Fort Waynt, In. on March 12, 2012

The Chevy Avalanche has come a long way from the days of the Tonka Toy look of the gen I to the sleek, dare I say "Sexy" styling of the gen II's. The ride of my LTZ is amazing. Well to be honest it is so smooth it's almost boring. However the interior comforts make this one very nice ride. Now to be fair , it's not a Cadillac or a luxury SUV. But I am amazed just how nice this Bowtie sporting truck really is.

Avalanche

by from Buffalo, New York on September 22, 2012

The truck is great styling, comfort, it is everything I thought and more. I intend to hang on to because they are not producing them anymore.

smooth Bow-Tie

by from Cincinnati,Ohio on February 14, 2012

Simply Marvelous! Majestic,sturdy,provocative,Quite Nice! Trim level determines your tastes for ambiance. A pleasure to drive, a Hall-of Famer on the highway!

Why I traded in a perfectly good 2009 Avalanche

by from dallas, tx on January 30, 2013

It was an LTZ with less than 50k miles. Would have kept it except that the Avalanche model has been discontinued by GM in 2014. Had to get the 2013 while I still could.

Comfort a pick-up can't match

by from Annapolis, MD on March 27, 2012

i had been going back and forth between a quad cab pick-up and the Avalanche. Soooo glad i picked the Avalanche. Rides like an SUV and has a watertight covered bed.

Similar Models

Select up to three models to compare with the 2009 chevrolet avalanche

You have selected maximum of 3 cars

Remove one of these cars to add others or compare the below cars now.