2006 Aveo

2006 Chevrolet Aveo

2006 Chevrolet Aveo

3.7

4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money

Have You Driven the 2006 Chevrolet Aveo?

Economic and No Problems

by GreenGirl from Jackson, MS on Sat Oct 11 2008

I purchased my Aveo in December 2006, when the car was not quite one year old. Since that time, I have had absolutely no problems more serious than a flat tire. My little car gets excellent gas mileage, runs perfectly, is very roomy on the inside despite the compact size, and handles very well. The interior is starting to wear out a little, mostly because I often take my large dog with me when I go places, but other than that, I've had no complaints. I highly recommend the Chevy Aveo to anyone who is interested in getting great gas mileage, reliability, and an all-around cute and comfortable ride.

Kickin' For the Price

by Kev from Orlando, FL on Tue May 08 2007

I know that the Chevy Aveo isn't the most attractive car on the market to quite a few people.....and I went to a local Chevy dealer to purchase a 2006-2007 Cobalt at first.....but the dealer made me look twice at the Aveo. It's sporty enough for me. The fuel enconomy is INCREDIBLE! I drove from Orlando to St Petersburg Florida and back on a 1/4 of a tank of gas! MPG = 50.....now that's impressive. Some reviews state that the engine is noisy. I found it to be no louder than a Chevy Colbat, Hyundai Accent, and a Scion 2 door coupe. I did my research based on the other cars that were in the same class and the value for the money kept me going back to the Aveo. It's performance is not designed if you plan on firing up the tracks at the Daytona 500, but I have to admit, I've been very happy with this little car!

Great Little Car

by Icepick7P from Galion, Ohio on Mon Jul 27 2009

I bought my Aveo used in 2006 it had 22,000 miles on it. Had the same shaking problem but i found out that a front wheel had been bent from a possible pothole. Had a new throttle body installed but it was covered by Chevy. When you put new break pads on use ceramic type they work great on this little car. Also do not forget to change out timing belt at 60,000 miles. Have almost 80,000 on this little car and I love it.

love m car

by kint from keller, tx on Fri Dec 14 2012

I live my chevy.its my first car I got it used.I use it to commute to work and school and I travel roughly 12 mi one way.a gull tank last me a week and a half.very reliable, fuel efficient.I am in love with car.I have had it for 2 months now.will see how it goes

A great car for people on a budget

by Esmith from San Jose, CA on Sun Sep 02 2012

The 2006 Chevy Aveo is a good car for your money.No recalls on these vehicles and has more power than a lot of 4 cylinder cars. The down sides are gear shift is to wide and on all the Chevy Aveo's it is recomened to replace timing belt at 60,000 miles as there have been reports of early timing belt failure which could damage the engine.

Off to a great beginning

by Da Yiman from Norman, OK on Sat Aug 12 2006

I have been driving this vehicle for a few months now. I'm about to go on a very long road trip (24 hours), so I'm sure I'll have more to report after that. For now, I've taken it on several short road trips (2 hours highway driving), and I still love it. I fell in love with it at the dealership for it's aesthetic appeal. It's small, but as a sub-compact goes, it does feel QUITE roomy on the inside. I'm a nanny, and with 3 kids in the back, one in a carseat, they have never complained about room. It takes turns and exit ramps very well, even at higher speeds. It's very quiet most of the time, though at speeds over 70, it can get noisy. It does not accelerate quickly when already moving (pretty good from a dead stop), but it's a 4-cylinder subcompact. That is to be expected, however, and it's not pain-stakingly slow or anything. Sometimes if it's windy on the highway, it can feel like it's being pushed around a bit. Keep a firm hand though, and you'll be fine. What has been SO much fun though, is that it's so small, I can zip in and out of holes during rush hour to make it just a bit easier, which infuriates other drivers in their huge, and horribly fuel-inefficient SUVs. This just makes my day every time. Overall, love this car. It has only been a few months, though, so I'll report back if she gives me any surprises.

GOOD VALUE

by ADIRONDACKER from NEW YORK on Wed Sep 13 2006

Bought one in Tucson, drove it back to NY over 10000 ft mt passes, no problem. Surprisingly comfortable on long trips, (especially @ fillup time 33mpg@ 75-80+) drove to Fla. Ga. & back via Deals gap this august also. Using my GM card earnings & discounts made this car a great value. Cruise control, ac. remote lock& alarm standard on the hatchbackl I purchased.

GREAT CAR

by carlover from Nashville TN on Wed May 14 2008

Have put nearly 50k on my used Aveo this is my comuter car and i love to drive great fuel economy and handle pretty good for such affordable car. great reliablity. it runs smooth at 65mph. This is the type of car if you service the car regularly it will reward you with very few problem. only dislike is the radio and sound system could use an upgrade.

Snazzy and Dapper

by Daddy O from Montgomery ,illinois on Mon Oct 30 2006

2006 AVEO LS with 20,000 miles...Commuting with economy and a bit of pizazz. Driving 78 (r/t) miles into (out of) Chicago from the west suburbs is not fun. The safety features are dynamic. Family trip with two choldren under five is awesome. The kids sit high and can view out of all windows. Leg room upfront is exceptional...unless you have a 38 inch inseam.

PJ

by PJ from Panama City, FL on Sat Jun 17 2006

A fun car to drive. Automatic tranny shifts fine. I'm 6' and have no seating or height problems. Cannot be beat for the price. Mine is an LS model 5 door,yellow and I put chrome wheels on it, a great eye catcher.

1 2 3