2010 Chevrolet Aveo

My First Car

by from OH on March 28, 2017

I need this car to go to school, it is not very expensive. It has a big space and it's enough for me. It's only 1.6L.

Great Starter Car

by from Chicago, Il on November 3, 2009

Having just turned 16, the '09 Aveo LT is my first car. Overall, its a real bang-for-your-buck car. The interior on the LT model is simple, yet reminiscent of something of something higher up on the price scale. The seats are okay, but could definitely be better. Its not aided by the fact that you can feel almost every bump. The exterior is great. No major problems are found here, except for a slight design flaw. There are drains in all four doors that leak a tar-like substance onto the bottom of the door, and its a bit of a pain to get off. Driving the Aveo is a pleasure. The acceleration is good (can't outrun a Prius, though!) and the engine is surprisingly quiet. As previously mentioned, almost every bump in the road is noticeable, yet the vehicle almost never drifts from the center direction. In other words, you can keep going down a straightaway and not even have a hand on the wheel, as it will continue on the straight and narrow. The car also proves to be very maneuverable at slow and high speeds, and can easily perform a tight turn at moderate speed. Overall, the car is great. For a new driver or someone on a budget, you simply can't get a better vehicle for the price.

In love with this little car

by from Toronto, Canada on August 31, 2011

I bought my Aveo new last August and have driven over 20,000km (about 10,000miles) and I've never had an issue with it. I live in Canada which has notoriously bad winters and did not have a problem once, it held the road during the most violent snow storms. Aside from the standard oil changes it's never needed to be in the shop. The only downside is the fact that it looses power when you have the A/C running - but with automatic windows and a sunroof that's easily rectified. I would recommend this car to anyone, anytime.

Wishing I never bought

by from Harrisonburg VA on February 28, 2014

Well where to begin. At 40,000 miles( 4 000 after warranty expired), the rotator busted. Mechanic said there was no damage from anything hitting it. It just busted in the seams. This happened around Thanksgiving 2013. About the end of January 2014, started hearing a loud noise coming from either the transmission or the rear wheel bearings. Seems like the faster I go the louder it gets. It is at 44,000 miles right now. When driving, you can feel the car pulsating while driving down the road. Looking to sell before I sink anymore money into this car. Very disappointed in this car.

Avoid if you live in an area where you get snow

by from Pittsburgh, PA on December 14, 2010

I bought this brand new in August of 2010. It replaced my Kia Spectra. I was also looking at a Toyota Yaris when I purchased the Chevy. What made me buy the Aveo was having OnStar. I didn't think I'd have a problem with this vehicle when it came to the winter months, but boy was I wrong. If you live in an area where you have to deal with snow in the winter, then avoid this car. The windshield gets extremely dirty, worse then any car I have ever seen. The headlights that come standard in the car aren't very bright. The past 2 days have been pretty bad here in Pittsburgh and when I drive in the left lane, it gets to the point where I can hardly see the road. I'll use my wiper fluid and then a minute later, same thing. It's a combination of how dim the headlights are, how quickly the windshield gets dirty and how low to the ground the car is. Also, the tires lose the pressure pretty quickly. The Tire Pressure Monitoring System is already warning me to fill up the tires with air. My Kia Spectra had this and the 3 years I owned the car, I never once had the warning light up. I wish I would have kept my Kia Spectra after the last few days with this car. I do not feel safe at all.

I love this tiny car

by from North Haverhill, NH on August 25, 2017

It's a beautiful, compact and affordable car. It is no race car, but it gets the job done. I drove it for three years and only have to switch to minivan because I had another child. 3 Car seats will not fit in the back.

Great for a first time car buyer

by from Utica michigan on June 6, 2017

Very nice riding and excellent gas mileage. Would definitely recommend to anyone who is interested in a car

Best car for the price

by from Dallas Texas on September 15, 2017

I visited a dealership on 11336 Luna Rd Dallas Texas 75229. The dealer gave me a great price for the car as i deeply fell in love with it. Great car for the price, I recommend you give it a look.
Not Rated Reliability

Cheap transportation. Little things tend to break

by from Hannibal, Mo on June 26, 2017

For a small car, it is comfortable to ride and there is very little road and wind noise. It hasn't stranded us, but the performance is lacking compared to other cars in its class. Had to replace a few things since we bought it, including the mass airflow sensor and intake hose (almost $200). I wouldn't buy one new, but an Aveo with less than 75k can be affordable for someone wanting to save money on a low mileage car.

Think twice before buying this car

by from Charlotte, NC on August 30, 2017

I have only had this car about two years now with in the first year of getting this car I had to put in a new radiator, change three of the hose that connected to the radiator both outer tire rods on both sides of the car. next time I would think twice before I just buy a cheap car.