Model Details

3.9
Average based on 7 reviews

my first car

by from on October 24, 2008

i wouldnt really recommend it for a first car because of the gas mileage but its great in the snow and very comfy

First Car, Still Have it

by from on March 31, 2012

got a 96 blazer used back in 2005. had 130,000 on it, but as a high school student with not much money... i had to get it. It's now 2012, and i have over 270,000 on it. Great car, still see plenty of them around as well. No major problems with the engine, have had to replace fuel pump and fan belt once, and have had some wiring issues due to the 270,000 miles. I prob spend about 350 a year on fees from my mechanic so i definitely can't complain about it.

No problems

by from Jersey shore on May 1, 2008

Bought the "96 Blazer used 6 yrs. ago. Currently almost 120,000 mi. on it. Other than oil changes, new tires, brakes, and wipers I haven't had to put any money into it. It's been very reliable.

I love my 96 Blazer

by from New York on April 27, 2007

I bought my blazer used, it had 109,000 on it when I got it. With some minor issues and well maintaning the truck it has been a really good and reliable truck. I have had it for almost 6 yrs and it now has 206,620 miles on it. And it is still getting me to and from work daily without letting me down. I am only now starting to have issues with the Evap system.

Bad car

by from Naples, FL on December 7, 2006

This car was extremely expensive to maintain. In 130000 miles, the water pump, transmission (twice), transfer case, rear axle, clutch, air conditioning, front wheel hubs and bearings, rear wheel bearings, brake booster, about 5 betteries,and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember went out. I wrecked it (thankfully) and bought a nissan and haven't had any problems in 125,000 miles. I know similar stories about Blazers. On the bright side, it was powerful, the most comfortable car I've had on long trips, and was like a swiss army knife. If it has very low miles and you can afford to trade cars often, be sure to get a warranty.

Worst suv i ever owned

by from on April 17, 2011

I had a lot of problems with this suv. I had low mileage i always took great care of it. I was a great looking ride. Very comfortable. But I was always on the side of the road waiting for a tow truck.

1st car

by from Connecticut on December 19, 2008

its very good for a first car. i just drove it for the first time today in the snow. that was fun... but just because i havent yet, not because its a bad truck : ). i really liked the comfort and power seats. the 4 wheel drive was also nice for getting to work. by the way, i named my blazer Bob, Bob the Blazer. too bad its not blue, then id be able to call it Bob the Blue Blazer.