1997 Blazer

3.4 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
3.4 out of 5 starsReliability

I like it alot

by Dad Buyer from Peru, IN on September 7, 2009

the 1997 blazer I Just got gives a somewhat responsive v6 engine the power you need to get around. I get about 18 mpg combind and i think thats pretty good. Its the most comfertable car ill tell you, its like a couch on wheels. My mother-in-law's cadillac isnt even compairible. We purchused the car three months ago and no problems so far! We have tons of legroom when we sit in the back seat, and my six foot friend can fit in the back perfectly. I think this car is perfect for anyone and in 3 years it will be my sons.

Solid Comfortable Fuel Efficient Ride

by 97chevylover from Wisconsin on July 18, 2012

I know many think of this car as unreliable - however what they complain about is more maintenance stuff than mechanical failure. This car has been the most reliable car in my car history as with anyone in my family -including bmw, lexus, mazda and others. First my car is 16 years old and is pristine - it looks like new and drives as new too. engine purrs like the day i bought it as does it ride too. all interior and exterior trim intact and fully functional - unlike my sister's lexus and brothers 70k bmw. There were some issues with this car - but if you werent con'd out of your money by a cheat. if would be hundreds in decades not thousands. i did replace a wiper motor 55$ at about 48 mos of ownership - nicely reimbursed by chevy outside warranty. the dexcool thing was the biggest mess - but cost me 111$ for a new radiator and 44 for a waterpump but after doing the work turns out pump was ok. I did have an ignition switch fail at about 8 years 400$ careful you can be sold a whole new tranny on this one if you didnt know better. about 9 years out i had to replace the fuel pump 700 - yes its expensive being in the tank i always thought this was a dumb design but my 85 subaru was same and i had to replace that 4 years out. so i have been driving now for 16 years and this car has cost me just few hundreds in repairs. amazing - in comparison to others -in my family - sister 750$ for radiator for lexus. 400 for new oil filter in volvo - . etc.. my blazer is cheaper than there cars to maintain. this car is remarkable reliable - its never failed to start its been various harsh climates outdoors always and has no corrosion and all electrical and systems still function 100% amazing oh - the 2wh hi - back light dosn't work - that is the only failed thing in 16 years - i wont even go into my brothers bmw and sisters lexus on interior failures - because its too many to list. they are both amazed at the durability of my vehicle. i guess even jealous. gas milage is great - loaded a/c on against wind up hill 90mph still gets 21.5mph .. comb city gets 18-19 where my wifes nissan rated at 35 gets just 22.. combined. So you can see its less than 1400 in repairs in 16 years less than 100/yr - amazing find me another car the same pls i will buy it. i did recently replace ball joints and brake sensors. - which were about 700 but after 15 years this is just maintenance. still not bad. oh also its the easiest car i have ever owned on rubber - still only my second set and got plenty left. i dont know what they did to get this thing to keep alignment the way it does and be gentle as a baby on tires. but amazing i burn tires off my other rides..

Neat SUV

by straightaxle from Ohio on July 17, 2010

Drove one of these for 13 years basically problem free. One new set of tires and regular oil changes. Great Ride!

1997 Chevy Blazer

by CODRIVER from Fort Collins on October 28, 2011

Clean car with interior showing very little wear, starts easy, smooth driver, nice options like compass and temperature on heads up display, 4X4 great for winter driving. Good buy for the money asked for a 4X4.

Good Dependable Vehicle

by Mammaw from Texas on February 9, 2009

97 Blazer purchased used in 2003. Drove for 1 year of high school and 4 years of college no problems with the motor, no problems with the transmission, does have some rattles here and there but nothing major, had 178,000 miles on it when I decided to by a Ford Truck F250 Diesel. Blazer was a good car to be 11 years old.

BEST TRUCK EVER

by SPUDS from PA on August 15, 2006

I AM THE SECOND OWNER OF A 1997 BLAZER 4DR LS. I HAVE HAD THIS TRUCK FOR 5 YRS. AND IT NOW HAS 120k MILES ON IT. I TAKE THE TRUCK TO THE GARAGE EVERY 3000 MLS. FOR AN OIL CHANGE AND AN OVERALL CHECK. I HAVE HAD TO REPLACE BATTERY, ALTERNATOR, FUEL PUMP, AND TIRES. I ALSO ADD A FUEL INJECTOR CLEANER EVERY 3000 MLS. OTHER THAN THE BASIC REPLACEMENT OF WORN OUT PARTS, THIS TRUCK IS A JOY TO DRIVE. I DRIVE THIS TRUCK DAILY. THE EXHAUST SYSYTEM I HAVE NOT HAD TO FIX. NO LEAKS OF ANY KIND. I JUST THIS YEAR PUT A NEW SERPENTINE BELT ON. I BELIEVE THAT IF YOU TAKE CARE OF YOUR VEHICLE WITH PROPER MAINTENANCE AND CHECK UPS, THE VEHICLE WILL LAST A LONG TIME. I PLAN ON KEEPING MY TRUCK UNTIL IT JUST WON'T GO ANYMORE.

Very Nice Car

by Unlce Pat from Indiana on January 27, 2007

I have actually never owned this vehicle, but my best friend lent it to me for 6 months while he was in Tialand. It fit my life still great for the most part. We have two medium dogs and with the seats down they had all the room that they needed. It was also comfortable on decently long drives. It was however a gas gobbler. I now own a 83 Chevy Truck with a 305 and a 4bbl carb and they get the same gas mileage with a lot less power. This is definetly something that GM needs to look at with the gas prices as high as they are now.

Another great Chevy!

by Exclusive Chevrolet owner from Chicago, Il on July 30, 2008

The Blazer was GREAT! Aside from normal repaires, there were zero issues--it never let me down. When I traded--for a Trailblazer--it had 142,500 miles and was still running like a champ.

Reliable

by Lil from on May 10, 2017

Awesome truck very reliable runs great I would recommend this to anyone of my friends even to strangers that I don't even know..very good on gas...

Good reliable vehicle

by Mountain Roamer from Greeley on August 24, 2017

We bought this vehicle used as is and this vehicle has been able to meet all of my family's needs. After almost 20 years of wear and tear before it became ours this year we were able to rely on the vehicle to run and we were able to fix any minor problems ourselves so we could commute to work. It doesn't have a huge amount of extra space and Our family is just too large to keep it as a family vehicle.

1 2 3