1999 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews

4.0
Average based on 15 reviews

Good Car

by from NorCal on April 30, 2008

good little car...small but roomy enough to fit all five of us. Your able to move through traffic with easy. The gas mileage ain't so great but all my driving is in town. Good features with all the amenities of a car with the additional option of 4 wheel drive when you need it. Comfortable to drive, easy to get in and out of, service so far as been very low key, and all around good car, that's worth the price. The one I got just hit 100k has gotten all it's service and don't expect any issues! (knock on wood)

Not a good car

by from on March 9, 2012

My aunt bought a 95 blazer new in 94 or 95. it broke down for her every now and then. my aunt gave the car to my parents in 01 with like 60k miles on it. right when they got it, it needed a new muffler then later the transmission gave out. over the 5 years my mom drove that car it went threw 5 mufflers. the fuel injector needed to be replaced in 07 which cost $950 only for the transmission to give out again in 2008.

Good/bad

by from Carrollton Georgia on September 9, 2013

It's a great car but when I bought it their was different size tires all the way around none of them matched. The pictures on the Internet did not match the car I bought the grill was broke the back bumper was also broke both I had to replace but rather then that I love it

Not so reliable

by from Atlantic County, NJ on July 14, 2013

My truck was purchased used about 4 months ago and it has been parked or in a repair shop most of that time. I have replaced a fuel pump, starter, brake line, and have more maintenance to do. My biggest headache is that after the first two weeks, it does not start. No one seems to be able to find the trouble. I have it towed, it gets started, I take it home and the next morning nothing but click, click. Mind you I do like the look of the vehicle. When it runs I like the ride it gives.

Reliable and stylish

by from Union City on September 24, 2009

Although no vehicle is perfect, my Blazer is both stylish and reliable. Gas mileage could be better.

very dependable

by from on October 30, 2008

needed minor repairs, and a tranny, but what do you expect for almost ten old? it's been very reliable and has gotten us out of a lot of jams...

S-10 Blazer

by from Tahlequah, Oklahoma on April 19, 2009

Big spirit in a little package. The Blazer offers great gas mileage, great handling, and comfort. I would recommend this to a friend.

nice

by from on June 26, 2010

looks good drives nice sound system great engine smooth abs no problem needs tires new shocks, brakes, manifold gasket,

unstoppable, bullet proof car

by from las vegas on December 13, 2007

simply amazing. few things go with time, after addressing those issues, car is unstoppable, the few things that have issues are front A arms, and the water pump / main seal. simple fixes

Built Chevy Tough

by from Waterloo, IA on January 12, 2012

We have had a 1999 blazer for 10 years now. It has been a great car. The trainy did go at 100000, but other then that it has been perfect. Lots a wrecks have happened once kids took over but still was going strong. But now at 160000miles the trainy is slippin and the brake lines have broke twice, u jont a couple times and even a driveshaft needed replacing. It has been an amazing car for us and will miss it