1999 Chevrolet Blazer

Good Car

by from NorCal on April 30, 2008

good little car...small but roomy enough to fit all five of us. Your able to move through traffic with easy. The gas mileage ain't so great but all my driving is in town. Good features with all the amenities of a car with the additional option of 4 wheel drive when you need it. Comfortable to drive, easy to get in and out of, service so far as been very low key, and all around good car, that's worth the price. The one I got just hit 100k has gotten all it's service and don't expect any issues! (knock on wood)

nice

by from on June 26, 2010

looks good drives nice sound system great engine smooth abs no problem needs tires new shocks, brakes, manifold gasket,

unstoppable, bullet proof car

by from las vegas on December 13, 2007

simply amazing. few things go with time, after addressing those issues, car is unstoppable, the few things that have issues are front A arms, and the water pump / main seal. simple fixes

Very reliable

by from Maplewood, MN on June 17, 2014

I like how this Blazer drives. I like sitting up higher than a standard car. I love the sunroof. I like the back area with the cover that pulls out to conceal my belongings. It is just the right size for me, not too big or small. All controls are easy to find and access.

S-10 Blazer

by from Tahlequah, Oklahoma on April 19, 2009

Big spirit in a little package. The Blazer offers great gas mileage, great handling, and comfort. I would recommend this to a friend.

Reliable and stylish

by from Union City on September 24, 2009

Although no vehicle is perfect, my Blazer is both stylish and reliable. Gas mileage could be better.

very dependable

by from on October 30, 2008

needed minor repairs, and a tranny, but what do you expect for almost ten old? it's been very reliable and has gotten us out of a lot of jams...

Built Chevy Tough

by from Waterloo, IA on January 12, 2012

We have had a 1999 blazer for 10 years now. It has been a great car. The trainy did go at 100000, but other then that it has been perfect. Lots a wrecks have happened once kids took over but still was going strong. But now at 160000miles the trainy is slippin and the brake lines have broke twice, u jont a couple times and even a driveshaft needed replacing. It has been an amazing car for us and will miss it

99 Blazer lt

by from on October 1, 2014

Got a 99 blazer and love it. had to replace tranny, water pump and radiator then did and oil change and new filters. also new tires but it drives and runs smooth love the feal and heaight perfect size. great vehicle no complaints

Love it!

by from King of Prussia, PA on October 16, 2006

I bought my Chevrolet Blazer with the Trailblazer package about 3 years ago with 40,000 miles on the odo and I have loved it since day one. Aside from the usual GM rattles, it is one of the best cars I have ever owned. In 3 years and an extra 60,000 miles, I have only needed a fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator. Total repair cost was less than $300, not including regular maintenence like tires and brakes. I plan to keep this car well over 100,000 miles since I do baby it. The leather and entire interior is show room new. I'm even surprised at the gas mileage which is better than I thought it would be...about 17 city and 22ish on the highway. That votec V6 seems bullet proof. I think any blazer from 1999 on up would be a great car to own. I am planning on buying a new car soon, but will keep my baby around for everyday because I just cannot part with it.

Our Expert Review: 1999 Chevrolet Blazer