Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2003 Blazer

2003 Chevrolet Blazer

$517 - $5,957  MSRP Range
2003 Chevrolet Blazer

3.7

4 out of 5 stars Comfort

Have You Driven the 2003 Chevrolet Blazer?

very good vehicle

by chev 03 blazer from WV on Wed Jul 13 2011

I purchased a 2003 Chev Blazer as a one year old prev leased vehicle with 14,000 miles. I have now owned it 8 years with 115,000 miles. It has been a great vehicle with only routine maintainence tires, brakes, roters, ball joints. Had to replace a cracked radiator just recently but for over 100,000 miles it has been a wonderful vehicle and I hope I can replace it with another dependable vehicle.

typical reliable chevrolet

by Picky driver from Connecticut on Mon Jun 04 2012

I've owned three chevrolets in my life this will be my fourth. My last chevrolet which is still running has 435,000 mi , shooting for half million. Was skeptical about buying a used vehicle but the more I drive my balzer the more I love it it is so easy to drive and visibility is excellent.

My second SUV

by 03 Tan Blazer from Raleigh, NC on Wed Mar 10 2010

I own a 2003 Chevrolet Blazer LS right now it has 85K miles on it, 2wd auto. I paid $5,500 for it, after getting into an accident with my 2003 Nissan Xterra SE. I've had a few problems with the blazer such as 3months after buying it from a used car dealership my heat went out one morning due to the heating coil, radiator has been replaced due to leaks from it, not sure if the person before me took care of it? Honestly I liked my Xterra better, but for the money I paid for it, its a great car again its a two wheel drive and it does great in snow and off-road.

most stylish i have ever owned or seen for a s

by lt. dan from long island, ny on Sat Nov 04 2006

the truck gets about 16 miles around town. it handles great for a suv does very well in the snow despite of its rear wheel drive limited slip posi rear everything you would want in a low rider truck

ZR-2 Blazers ROCK

by crewboy from snowy New York on Tue Sep 04 2007

I have a ZR-2 and it is definitly the best SUV I've ever driven. I have also had S-10s. The real fun is the ZR-2 package. It is a totally different vehicle from the standard blazer/S-10. The ZR-2 is responsive and fun, sits 2" higher than the standard blazer, has wider axles (and feels much more stable) and also much larger tires (among MANY other things- shocks, larger axles, skid plates..... the list keeps going). Best of all, it has excellent handling in bad weather. the 4x4 and locking rear differential keep you going in any weather on/ off any road! =) The styling of the ZR-2 (fender flares, skid plates, graphics) is also much more appealing than the standard version. The electronic 4x4 makes it very easy to turn on/off on the fly. I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a fun but practical vehicle.

Fun little truck

by Cadeldo from Brownsburg, In on Sat Jul 27 2013

Purchased new, now has 76,000. Truck is based in Indy area, has been to California and Maryland. Original tires, brakes, and still going strong. May replace tires just because of age, tread has between 7-10,000 miles left. One battery, and routine maintenance, so far the only expenditures. Cab a little too snug for 6'-0", 230 lbs., and rear vision limited with external spare, somewhat underpowered, but OK. Always look for snow in which to play, small size and 4x4 makes winter fun. Fun little truck, and I'm almost seventy.

Great dependable medium-sized SUV for the value

by D L King from Colorado Springs, CO on Tue Oct 03 2017

We bought ours used, from a one-time owner. So it had been well cared for and maintained. We made sure of that before buying. Turned out to be a great dependable little SUV, that could do just about anything you'd need whether it's hauling goods during a move or a trip, or taking the family on a trip. We loved it. Safe, cozy, and comfortable ride that was good in snow with 4-wheel drive. For the price, it's a heck of a value!! We had no mechanical issues at all. Just buy one from someone who's maintained it well, and continue the practice and it'll run well into 200k miles.

Look for another vehicle

by JC from Louisville, Ky on Sat Aug 29 2009

I bought a 2002 Chevy S10 Blazer 4x4 and have had nothing but problems out of it. I bought it with 96K miles and it did fine until it hit about 100K and now I have a new problem eveytime I turn around. I feel like Im at Oreilly's and under the truck more than I get to drive it. Buy it for a weekend toy but not an everyday driver.

Does not recommend this car!!

Drove hard put away wet

by USMC from Shakopee Mn on Sun Aug 25 2013

My Blazer is 10 years old I bought it with 58,000 on it now has 172,000. Replaced or fixed Radiator, Fuel pump, Blower fan, 2 sets of brakes all around, ABS modulator, Front door hinge pins, Rear-end, It sounds like a lot but it still runs great burns 1 quart of oil in 3,000 miles. all the work with parts and labor only cost right around 2,600 I have a good cheap mechanic. I hope it last for another 25,000

2003 Chevy Blazer 4-wheel Drive 4.3 L V-6

by Jake from Hillsboro on Fri Jul 04 2014

Vehicle had 107,000 + miles when I bought it. Now has 113,000 +.. Coming off lot @ Jerry Haag Motors Hillsboro, Ohio 45133 had to fix windshield which was leaking on top passenger side. Rough ride. Stiff body. New Jersey Built Brand. 1st day had to replace a headlight. Not cheap. No Tools needed. Plastic pull outs. Snap together. Fix the windshield because body does not flex around glass. Body twists and jolts hard on bumps. Brake started smoking on rear left. New pads and caliper. Other side started heating up same day I got it back from shop. I said replace it too. Then both front calipers started heating up. 4-wheel drive unit does not work correctly. Everything looks factory set. Sharp left or right it doesn't want a go in 4-wheel drive. Just jumps and vibrates front left wheel. Vehicle won't move. Been 1 problem after the next. Time I'm done it will cost more than it did new to keep it going. 4 wheel drive unit works only in a straight run or 15 degree turn. Today the Parking Light + Brake Light + ABS Light came on with the oil gauge jumping between 20-44 on pressure. Vehicle itself looks like it was well taken care of and never abused. I'm expecting a dash fire next. CD player only works when its hot and dry out which means the body is still leaking around seams again. All seals are new. Want a buy a nice looking Blazer it is for sale. I need something reliable. 1st $5000 takes it away. Lots of new parts. Engine still runs strong. Doesn't use oil but does have a leak in front of engine some where but is never more than 1/2 quart low when I change oil and filter. Only owned it 2 years now. Repairs are too high for me since I have to take it too the dealer to get fixed. They charged me about $350 just to check all the brakes to say nothing wrong to wind up putting on both new rear calipers and pads recently. Too steep for me.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2