2005 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews

4.0
Average based on 2 reviews

Good weekend vehicle

by from wisconsin on February 19, 2008

I have a white 2005 blazer bought brand new in fall of 2004. ls been a good truck but its in the shop now with engine problems in feb 2008. Sad thing is the truck only has 45,000 miles on it. But first time the truck in the shop and i believe it just needs a new distrubitor cap. Only other problem I had was the crankshaft sensor went bad on me, and thats only because of the slush from the roads in the winter and the sensor gets all the slush! (bad design I think but sensor was only $75.

Over all Great vehicle.

by from Detroit on January 6, 2012

Only 2 things I dont really like about the blazer. 1- Horrible milage. 2- The unusable dashboard. Everything slides to the front from the steep slope. For a 4.3 engine, it seems a bit weak. Not strong takeoffs or passing gear like I'd expect from a 4.3 V6 engine. But, I've not pulled any boats either. Rides incredibly smooth. Very surprising. I like the built in Compass and temp. Nice, stylish look. And does great in the snow. A friend of mine had hers up to 265K miles and running strong when she sold it. Keep your job and ours. BUY AMERICAN.