1998 Chevrolet Cavalier consumer reviews

side view of 1998 Cavalier Chevrolet
Explore the 1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
2.1

The Worst Car I ever owned

The car's pulleys would fly off. My alternator,starter,coil and random sensors would quit working. Once you change motors the check engine light will stay on until you pay dealerships 180 to clear it and add the motor's serial number. The lights in the back would blow once a month. The fuses would blow once a week. I wouldn't trust this car with anyone I love and care about. It's ridiculous. Also I hit a small bump and the gas tank started leaking. After that happened the parts on both the front tires went bad one by one. Ball joints,tie rod ends,and axles. One A frame needed replaced on the passenger's side. Sometimes the ABS brakes worked and sometimes not. What a nightmare! If you are thinking of buying a 4 door regular model Chevy Cavalier don't do it. They are the money pit.

Has to be my favorite car and Ive had many

Bought this car for $650 from its third owner, absolutely love it! It’s a coupe. Other than stupid little stuff it needs a new converter and one 02 sensor. Parts are cheap and plentiful, great in gas, comfy, looks great, fun and pleasant to drive always. Doesn’t skip a beat. Couldn’t ask for a better little car!

Fun, Peppy smaller car

Convertible top is very easily operated and boot is very easy and good looking. Pick up is good, both lower and higher end. Great in city traffic. Great gas mileage.

Love my 1998 Chevy Cavalier!

I LOVE my 1998 Chevy Cavalier. It is now 20 years old and has only 121,000. I am actually looking for a new car but keeping this as a backup.

3.6

great car for price

I bought this car with 120,000 miles on it. the only thing wrong with these cars is they are not maintained. replaced battery cables and changed fluids and filters and cleaned injectors and the car runs like a new car. a/c works great and 26 mpg .145,000 miles still runs like new with just oil changes.

4.4

330,000 miles and still going strong!

This car was in my family for almost 10 years before it was given to me when I was sixteen. I drove it everyday to and from school in high school and then again in college. It was reliable, safe, and great on gas! Would recomend to anyone. Sadly my poor little car was totaled when someone rear ended me this past summer, otherwise she'd still be chugging along.

3.7

275k miles and enjoyed most of them

Bought the Z24 new, with a manual and didn't have any problems for the first 130k. Drove it 275k before retiring it. Not perfect, but never left me on the side of the road, and minimal issues.

best reliable car i own

this car has met every expectation i have ,it runs great ,and its easy to fix ,no issues whats so ever

Very reliable !

I bought this car 10 years ago and have used it almost daily. It is not in the prettiest condition, but it still gets me from point A to point B. Some minor things such as no A/C and the gas door fell off, but it has been an amazing car to me. I will be sad to see it go when I get a new car.

3.6

There's no stopping this car

For my first car I bought a Cavalier 4-door in Cayenne Red Metallic with 162,000 miles for 500 dollars and never had I once regretted the purchase. With routine maintnance this car took me everywhere and ran like a charm, every week day I took it on 80+ mile round trip commute to college and it never left me stranded. Confidence is when you can take a 17 year old car up and down I-75 and keeping with the rush hour traffic without breaking a sweat. I had to change a few components in the engine and plus the engine parts were cheap. So when I finally sold it to a person in town with 217,000 miles I was sad to part with it, and I still miss it. I still see it ocassionally driving around and it doesn't suprise me that it keeps ticking on. Is it cost effective to own this car? Is it reliable? I couldn't agree more