2012 Chevrolet Colorado

Best bang for the buck!

by from New Jersey on April 27, 2012

Have had pickups both from Nissan & Toyota in the past. Those trucks offered a good ride ride & a good price. Nissan dealers will try to nogiate with you. Toyota dealers play hard ball with pricing. Test drove both the Nissan Frontier and the Toyota Tacoma & I test drove several times the Chevrolet Colorado and bought it with no regrets. Did not feel overwhelmed by the simple layout of the Colorado compared to both the Nissan & the Toyota. The accelaration in the Colorado felt quicker than the Toyota Tacoma. The Nissan was quicker. I do not need to win the Dayota 500. My needs are met by the Colorado 3.7 LTR engine. The ride is firm & not harsh in the Colorado. The seats are comfortable with the lumbar support & the standard sound system in the crewcab more then meets my needs. Add the personal audio link & you can use your I-Pod. The folks at the Chevy dealer were great & did not try to close me on the spot as the Toyota folks did. I got a great price along with a great ride from the Chevy folks and do not have any regrets.

Made in America with American Heart

by from Lehigh, PA on March 20, 2013

This truck is the best value on the market today. I have been averaging close to 22 mpg on the highway with the 3.7 ltr engine.. 16.5 mpg on local driving. This truck is cheaper to insure due to the Onstar service that GM gives the buyer for the 1st 6 months. Had this truck for over a year. I do not have any regrets.

Nice 4WD truck!

by from Vermont on February 3, 2012

I love my truck! It gets me through all kinds of snow and mud. I get 18 mpg around town and about 23 mpg highway. In 4WD I get about 16 mpg around town and 20 mpg highway.

American Made with More American Parts

by from New Jersey on November 10, 2012

Chevrolet has the highest amount of American parts of any midsize pickup truck made in America today. This is the best value for any truck made in America. Toyota dealers make their trucks out to like the BMW of pickup trucks and thus keep the prices high., Toyotas have cheaper sheet metal & they have numerous problems that the dealers try to hide. The Chevrolet Colorado outshines the Toyota Tacoma in being a good honest pickup truck.

Good & Honest Pickup Truck

by from New Jersey on April 24, 2012

Bought a 2012 LT2 Crew Cab. It does not have factory extras that some of the other makers are forcing on their buyer.(eg: wheel locks, carpeted mats, door sills, etc) Had room to bargin for a price. This is a pickup truck the way it should be. If you want heated leather seats, navigation systems, etc, then maybe you should buy a car or a SUV.

Best Compact Truck

by from Maryville, TN on May 2, 2012

I bought my 2012 Colorado Crew 1LT last sept and i have over 30,000 miles on it and i keep the oil changed at 10,000 with pennzoil platinum, so far i have put a K&N Air Filter and tonneau cover and other goods..I use my truck for work and haul car parts for an auto retailer and my truck gets regular service and so far has not been the repair shop except for the body shop when i was rearend by an UNINSURED motorist and on my route i an getting no less than 21 mpg and i do town and highway miles.. yes i would by 10 more just like it...and i have the 2900 I-4 cyl with the 18 wheel options

A Great Truck all around!

by from Fairfax Virginia on April 23, 2015

4WD Extended Cab 5 cylinder engine, Z71 package. This has been so far a great truck with no issues. I mean nothing wrong after a little over 2 years. Also hauls a 4000 lb camping trailer around pretty well for its size, and its off road ability is excellent. Its also a really nice looking truck in its proportions and it handles well. No complaints except gas mileage when pulling a trailer but that's to be expected. Otherwise decent mileage for a 4wd mid size truck. Id buy it again and highly recommend it.

Uses car for Towing

Most reliable truck i have had.

by from Jasper Alabama on January 31, 2013

On Sept. 14 2012 Clayton Dye helped me to leave in a new truck from Carl Cannon. Awesome place & workers.

Great Compact Crew Cab

by from Monterey, CA on September 23, 2013

Bought this Lease return from MyChevrolet in Salinas CA. It is so comfortable and a great truck. To Bad they are ceaseing production.

I love these things

by from Torrington, CT on March 23, 2017

This is the second Colorado for me. The first was a 2005. After 130,000 miles and nothing other than scheduled maintenance and normal wear replacement which is to be expected, I traded it in February 2017 for a used 2012 with only 38,000 miles. This is so far proving to be another great one, and I fully expect that after 130,000 miles on the clock I'll be out looking for another one. There is a good reason these are scarce in the pre-owned lots. I love these things.