2016 Chevrolet Cruze

2016 Cruze LT

by from Illinois on June 21, 2016

Bought the car a month ago. Hot red LT with RS styling package - looks very sharp. I've already received quite a few compliments on the looks, with the most common adjective being "sporty." PROS - Recently took it on a 2000-mile road trip, 90% interstate. Averaged 43.5 mpg (based on fill-ups) with cruise set at 74 mph and temps in the 80s and 90s. Nice quiet, smooth ride on the interstate. On a 100-mile stretch of rural highway going 60 mph, it got 48.7 mpg. Around town, I easily get in the low 40s for mpg. (Small town, and I choose routes with the fewest stops. The autostop function is a great help in saving gas.) Driver's seat is very comfortable. It has perfect lumbar support for me - no need for power lumbar. The power seat is great - easy to adjust for a comfortable driving position. Nice roomy back seat - a big improvement from my previous Cruze. Big trunk. AC set at the third notch kept the car comfortable when it was 95 degrees. Gauges are very user-friendly. Free 24 gigs of WiFi is nice and works very well. Like that it came with a spare tire and not just an inflator kit. CONS - There can be lots of annoying sun reflections from the chrome trim, especially around the shifter. On my road trip, I sometimes covered the chrome with a shirt because the glare was so bad. The passenger seat sits a bit low and does not adjust for height (complaint from my mother). The sun visors do not slide, which was annoying at various times of the day. There's no CD player in my LT, but I don't use CDs anymore anyway. Overall, I really like the 2016 Cruze. It's my third Cruze, and my previous ones have been very reliable.

2016 Cruze LT manual

by from Pittsburgh on September 2, 2016

I've owned this car for about a month now, I have to say this car is super comfortable, gets great fuel economy, good audio system, it's great. Only real complaints are the first gear is super short (manual) and it doesn't come with a leather steering wheel despite being an LT, one below the top...it can also be difficult to get into second gear some times. But I love the car aside from that, and would recommend to anyone

Love this car

by from Spokane Valley on May 6, 2017

Very satisfied with this car so far. Have owned it for 6 months, very comfortable great gas mileage peppy engine nice safety items. Bought the LT edition. Got to get used to start/ stop system when you come to a stop.

Absolutely best car i ever purchased.

by from Schuylkill Haven on May 24, 2017

This car exceeded All my expectations. I cannot believe all the extra features it has for the price.

Cruze

by from Palos Park on March 10, 2017

Comfortable. Great milage. Bought the Premier model. Great features. The turbo gives a nice boost to the small engine.

Great car on gas!!!

by from FLAT ROCK MI on March 30, 2017

Great work car. Bought this car to drive 100 miles a day to my work. MPG is around 34-38. Nice little car.

2016 Cruze LT

by from Detroit, MI on January 10, 2017

Previously drove the 2014 LT. What's better: locks moved to doors from center console! A trunk release button! MPG up 10% over my 2014! (likely due to Autostop?) What's frustrating: the sun visor doesn't extend anymore/a cheaper part than 2014. Driving with hand up to window to shield eyes during daily commute, I want to change it to a fist to shake at the mgt team that said 'let's cut back here'.

beautiful car

by from woodbridge nj on March 11, 2016

I am very happy with my new car it is wonderful on gas I am 5 foot 10 my husband is 6 foot four and we are very comfortable in the car

Headache

by from on February 11, 2017

We bought our 2016 chevy cruze brand new. We have had it 6 months. It has been in the shop over 5 times. Altinator had to be replace. The engine makes loud noise. Chevy says "they all make that noise". My car isn't even 6months old and my brakes squeek so loud. Family does not want to drive with me in my brand new car because they don't feel safe with all the noise and squeaks. Chevy said there is nothing wrong with my brakes. They all squeek. I spend over 20,000 on a Cruze less that 6 months ago that I don't feel safe in driving and Chevy won't help. My radio will just stop working for no reason. I'm a nurse and I need reliable car. What if it was your family I needed to take car of?

Too many recalls hurt value

by from Jacksonville,fl on April 4, 2017

Our 2016 Chevy Cruz dropped $10,000 in value in 10 months. We purchased a brand new 2016 Chevy Cruz with 18 miles on it in May 2016. At the time of purchase we were told the Cruz can wirelessly charge our phones in center console which we later found out that is not true regarding iPhones. That day at dealership I checked the value at KBB.com and the value was more than $3,000 over our financing so we purchased the car which was mostly for our then 17 year old daughter. Within 2 weeks the car stopped working and it took 3 days to figure out why because according to George Moore Chevrolet in Jacksonville,Fl where we purchased the car it had a completely new battery system that they needed guidance by GM on how to fix. So at the time the car was in the shop for about a week. Then when we brought it back home it drove funny and made noises. So we brought it back and there was a problem with the steering wheel column. Then July 2016 another problem occurred which we have all the paperwork and we once again didn't have car for over 3 weeks. Then several recalls throughout the fall. We even got another recall in March 2017 about wiring getting moisture in battery. Unfortunately a bad driver cut off my daughter in March and totaled the car. Thank God she is ok. The insurance is only paying out what the value is of the car, well the value dropped almost $10,000 in 10 months. So now we are loosing $3,000 because the value dropped by the poor product that GM put out on the market. This isn't us being stupid with money that we financed too much, this is a product that was produced so poorly that less than a year being sold the value has dropped at least 100% more than the average car values do. Cars loose their value YES but not almost half their worth in 10 months. I have contacted GM customer service which told me to contact dealership, dealership said they have nothing to do with it and now I'm trying to get to the top to see if GM in any way cares about their customers. I bought my first car in 1990 at 17 yrs old which was a brand new Chevy cavalier. Ever since then I've been a Chevy girl and we have a 2000 Silverado and 2004 suburban still because the quality is so great, so when my daughter needed a car for school, cheerleading and work my husband and I chose the Chevy because of our past experience. Now I'm disgusted with how GM and George Moore Chevrolet is acting for producing and selling a bad product that has cost me money.

Our Expert Review: 2016 Chevrolet Cruze