Skip to main content

Explore the 2019 Chevrolet Equinox
Shop the 2019 Chevrolet Equinox
3.0

I have a 2019 Equinox .

I have a 2019 Equinox . The air conditioner went out with only 35.000 miles. Have taken the 4 shops replaced all components, and still No cold air.. No one can figure out..

I've been driving this car for nearly two years, have

I've been driving this car for nearly two years, have added 38k miles on it so far, and am now pushing 95K everything's been great, I haven't had any reliability issues, and everything is running smoothly. However, the gas mileage is nowhere near their claims, granted to don't drive conservatively but I'm getting anywhere from 19-22 mpg. Great car overall, especially for the price.

4.0

It always got me to where I needed to go

I owned my Chevy for 2.5 years. I live in MI and for not having AWD, I thought it handled great in the snow (didn't drive go off-roading of course ;) ), and I had snow tires (I would recommend snow tires no matter what!) Never had any huge issues. I was told to always check the oil since these cars are know for leaking however, I never had an issue. The caliper started to stick (had less than 58k miles). At random times while at a stop, the vehicle would shake a little, nothing crazy but odd. I would hear horror stories of these Chevys going out at 80K, and that started to make me nervous. The auto-stop was annoying, no way to turn that off. I noticed that the auto-stop would go off by itself it you were stopped for longer than a min. I went to a Toyota Camry and after hearing/seeing all the review for those, I am happy that I no longer own this ticking timebomb. However, by the grace of God, I was never left stranded, it always got me to where I needed to go. Good luck to any future buyers.

Ok for the value

The car is a good gas saver however the performance is a little off. The system as far as coils or tune up will go out without warning . Also the tire sensors are off

3.0

Transmission went out at 70K miles

I bought a 2019 Equinox Premier after owning two Ford Edge Limiteds. The interior of this thing is great. All the bells and whistles. It had about 70k miles on it which is more than I like, but it also had a clean CarFax and I take good care of my cars so I figured even with a few more miles I could get several years out of her. I had this vehicle 5 weeks, drove it less than 1200 miles, and the transmission went out. Left me stranded at night on the side of a highway. I've NEVER had this happen with another car (I've owned 3 Fords, a Nissan, and a Pontiac back in the day). I'll never buy a Chevy again.

Love my Equinox

My second Equinox. Love the size and performance for around town. Just wish there was air vents in the back seat. The interior is well layed out.

Poor gas mileage

Hesitates when gears shift. Outdated design. Bought a rouge only got the Chevy equinox as they didn't have a rogue I liked in stock. Poor, poor gas mileage

I like my Equinox

I have only had my 2019 for a few months, after I traded my 2017 Equinox for the 2019. I have no complaints about it thus far.

Super car for the $$$$&

On my fourth equinox never, I say never a problem with any of them. Outstanding value for this size car. Current 2019 has 81,000 on it and 0 problems! Change your oil and rotate your tires when you are supposed to stupid!

Excellent

I purchased this vehicle sight unseen, used. I test drove an identical vehicle and loved it. My Equinox far exceeded my expectations! So far in the nearly 2/3 years of ownership, I continue to average 34 mpg, I couldn't be happier! Goes through the snow like a trooper and handles very well on icy roads. I do not like the auto stop/start, there is a hesitation and could pose a problem, no one will disconnect it for me! I am having a fuel problem! Very frightening, no one seems to find the problem!!! You can smell raw gasoline while: starting, idling at a stop sign, driving down the road and even after shutting the vehicle off - very frightening - no one can find the problem but they can sure smell the gasoline! It's frightening enough that I've removed my husband's oxygen tanks from the back and we no longer wear seat belts for a just in case moment. Since the gasoline smell the vehicle has become hard to start. Other than the gasoline smell/leak & auto stop/start the vehicle is perfect!