2006 Malibu Maxx

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx

Have you driven the 2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx?

Great car! (Though watch for one MAJOR issue!)

by Field Tech - Road Warrior from Pittsburgh, PA. on Mon Oct 10 2011

I had owned this car for 3 years and placed over 60,000 miles for work with this car. The ONLY warning I could offer is to beware of the electronic power steering. There is a known issue, and fix for this. Once this service had been completed, I had NO other issues with this car other than standard maintanence. It handled very well, even through the winter driving. The car is very comfortable and has lots of room.

'06 Malibu Maxx LT - This was THE ONE

by fun in the sun and snow from Michigan on Wed Apr 14 2010

I had looked for months online and on lots for a new car. I had my heart set on getting a hybrid like the Saturn Vue until I test drove it. I test drove dozens of cars but nothing felt right until the Maxx. The first one I saw was gold and it turned me off but I kept looking and found my black beauty. I have had this car for over a year and put 12000 miles on it traveling out of state with very little work needed. I have had to replace the cd player and the factory installed dvd player due to user (child) error. The tail light and blinker needed replacing but the cost and time was extremely minimal. The wheels needed alignment and the rear wiper button needed to be replaced. As this car was still under factory warranty, I only put $100 into it. No car is going to be perfect but this was one of the best cars in its class for the money. Pros: Fun, sporty, stylish, but still a good family size vehicle and gets good mpg Cons: Rear window is small, minor issues with standard features,

2006 Malibu Maxx LTZ

by Professor from Columbus, IN on Mon Jun 11 2012

Delighted with this car. It is a roomy, comfortable ride. Car handles well. Love the adjustable pedals in addition to the adjustable seats. My only complaint with this car is the gas mileage. I get typically 22 - 23 in town; 29 - 30 on the road. My only other complaint is that Chevy decided to discontinue this model. :(

Exciting Find

by MI-Ken from Metro Detroit, MI on Wed Sep 13 2006

I've just recently gotten married and am a new homeowner, so I was searching for a vehicle that would be versatile, functional, fuel-efficient, yet was still fun and affordable. I test drove a variety of cars. Thankfully I stopped in at a chevy dealership and test drove the Maxx on a whim. The Maxx drove great (great pickup, good handling, etc), sat nice, and had a lot of great standard features (remote start, keyless entry, etc). I found that it got good mileage, especially for the size of vehicle (I consitently get more than 31mpg). I love the vehicle and enjoy driving it every day.

Surprisingly fast, excellent quality and packaging

by MAguire from Los Gatos, CA on Mon Apr 02 2007

I really like my Mailbu Maxx. I bought one of the first ones 3 years ago. It has been a great car. I have not had a single problem with it. I was surprised at the passing speed on the freeway. Just takes off when I punch it to get around some cell phone talker/driver. The packaging is really well thought out with ease of use of controls, DVD player, two sunroofs, etc. This is the best mid-size vehicle on the market.

Maxx is the best

by Jinx from Indiana on Thu Mar 27 2014

I bought my car new in July 2006 and it is still running strong. Only issue was an oil pan gasket and that was under 36,000 miles I now have 111,000 miles on it. MPG is still around 30 on highway. Remote for remote starter did quit and new one cost about $150. Great car Chevy needs to make more.

So far so good

by Biff from Oregon on Thu Aug 17 2006

I've only put 400 miles on it, but it's a great car for the money. Lots of standard features, very quiet and performance is more than adequate with the 200 hp V-6. GM has come a long way, especially in fit and finish (particularly in the interior). Go drive one.

Very reliable and comfortable

by MarciaC from Crystal MN on Fri Feb 02 2018

Cute and fun to drive! Lots of leg room front and back. Super easy rear storage, too. Feels safe and solid.

Love the features, convenience of a comfort/space!

by TDL from Little Rock, AR on Tue Mar 21 2017

Thank you for backing your product for the safety of our family! It is important to know, GM products are backed, by care!

Unique, very sporty, powerful and good on gas !

by Wizard's fan on Mon Aug 20 2018

This is an excellent vehicle. It's very sporty, unique and powerful. The Malibu Maxx SS has a 3.9 Liter, V6 engine. It's a powerful engine, but runs on regular gas. Great value !

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx

ATLANTA -- There is freedom in anonymity. People leave you alone, unless you do or say something to attract their attention. If you can accept obscurity, be content within yourself, you can live and go in peace.

These are thoughts from the driver's seat of a 2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx SS wagon, a generally fine but often ignored midsize family car -- an able competitor against anything in its size-and-price class.

The Malibu Maxx SS is well made. It is comfortable, reliable, affordable and conservatively styled. It is as safe as most midsize cars reasonably can be in a crash with a car of similar size and geometry.

But it is suspect because it is a Chevrolet, and Chevrolet is American. And we all know... Read More