2000 Chevrolet Metro Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Metro
Average based on 4 reviews

LOVE THE GEO

by from FLORIDA on June 16, 2007

I BOUGHT MINE NEW IN 2000 AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS YET (65,000 MI.) MY TEENAGERS HATE IT (LOOKS LIKE AN EGG) BUT I LOVE THE GEO. GOOD, RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION.

Best mileage for a non-hybrid car

by from Chicago, IL on June 25, 2012

Base model with manual transmission is a great car! Small, simple, light automobile. (nothing automatic) Gets 45 mpg; better than all but the best hybrids. Automatic transmission is only a three speed and doesn't get such great gas mileage. Be aware that most don't come with air conditioning. Two places to look for problems. First, Metro engines run relatively well, even with low compression in one or more cylinders. Do a compression test. Second, rust rots out the "frame horns" under the front axles. Don't buy if they are severely rusted. It can be dangerous. Almost every one has rusted rocker panels under the doors. This is unsightly but can be fixed and is not a safety hazard.

best car i have had

by from michigan on May 23, 2011

i have had this car for 2 years now and i love it. the only money i have put into it is new tires. never had a problem with it!

Love my 99 4 door!

by from Fort Collins, CO on March 24, 2015

I have several Metros and my 1999 4 dr with a 5 speed, A/C, and power steering is the champion! With easy driving, I regularly get 40 mpg around town, more like 45 on the highway. 65 is my top speed. Such an easy car to repair,nearly all the mechanical parts for a major tuneup (including timing belt, water pump, etc) and under $250. from Rock Auto. Were everyone to drive what I have, I doubt we'd be fighting in the Middle East to steal their oil, etc. We'd be totally self sufficient in oil. This car was unfortunately built 'before its time' and was discontinued with cheap fuel costs leading to lead footed driving customers. Think it was only built to meed CAFE numbers for the government. Just bought another 4 door 98 5 speed. The 98 to 2000 have the best fuel injection systems.