2001 Chevrolet Prizm Consumer Reviews

4.1
Average based on 12 reviews

Very Reliable Car

by from Sterling Heights, MI on September 9, 2009

I drove the car for 6 years and never had any problems. It is very reliable and fuel efficient car with great handling especially in the snow.

Great everyday car

by from New York, NY on July 30, 2011

I've owned this car for almost two years, in which it has run excellent...very quite ride...decent power for a car in this price range...fun to drive.

Simple transportation, dependable, LSi features

by from Lexington, KY on April 11, 2009

Bought used 2 years ago with 52K. Now around 87K. Only repair outside of regular maintenance items has been heater blower (incovenient, but didn't make the car unusable). Fuel economy is a consistent 33-35mpg no matter how driven. Drives like a little car. LSi has features of a midsize that are awesome (upgraded stereo, cruise control, power windows/locks, moonroof).

Solid vehicle

by from Ankeny Iowa on February 12, 2012

Purchased 2001 Lsi in 2004. Now has @90,000 miles. Biggest maintenance problem was air conditioning failed two years ago and had to be replaced, but that was a comfort issue not mechanical. Still has a very modern look. Not as comfortable for big people or those with a growing family.

2001 chevy prizm

by from Yorktown Heights NY on April 3, 2015

Have owned a few prizms. They are affordable, reliable, and fuel efficient. Base models have features found in premium model corollas for less cost. Parts readily available at low cost.

noisy but quite dependable 30-35 mpg regularly

by from Augusta, Maine on January 6, 2007

Good, cheap car, dependable and economical, seats could be better. excellent handling for an economy car. Great brakes. I had to put a clutch in it at 60K when I bought it, but it was probably abused by the previous owner as it was a leased car

my chevy

by from Noth Bergen. NJ on November 25, 2013

I bought this car brand new,good size,easy to use,properly mantained since 2001, now 59,000 miles later I am having issues with the motor RPM,on the last 3 months I have spent over $1000 on repairs. Main issues with the vibrations or low idle speed when engine is warm and I stop at traffic lights. Last change was thespeed idle control unit.Even now after the change the motor vibrates just the same or more. Need HELP.

OK

by from New Jersey on January 2, 2014

Simple A to B car. Not too comfortable, but will get you anywhere. My car has 140000 miles on it and engine has been running great.

Former Prizm Owner

by from Dallas on April 8, 2014

This is one of the best vehicles for your buck that is still on the road. I don't know if this one has been taken care of but the one I bought was taken care of fairly well and I would still be driving it had it not been for my brother bugging me to let him buy it and finally gave in and bought a Camry. I have also owned a Corolla and the Prizm is exactly like th Corolla except it has a Chevrolet emblem on it! Great car!

excellent

by from honduras on August 30, 2010

is un car very nice, very comfortable for transportation of my family, the price is accesible for the persons of honduras