1995 Chevrolet S-10 consumer reviews

$10,520–$15,465 MSRP range
side view of 1995 S-10 Chevrolet
Explore the 1995 Chevrolet S-10

Best truck ever

I have owned 3 Chevy S-10's. I would've bought another, but Chevy stopped making them. Each truck lasted over 200,000 miles. I miss the S-10!

GOOD ON AND OFF ROAD

IT HAD 61,000 MILES WHEN I BOUGHT IT IN 1998. IT NOW HAS 101,300 MILES AND STILL DOES NOT USE OIL AND GETS 17 IN TOWN AND 22MPG ON THE ROAD WITH A 4.3 V-6 PULLING A POP-UP CAMPER AND LOADED FOR CAMPING WITH MY HONDA XR-4OO. IT WILL CARRY A BIG LOAD AND IT RIDES LIKE A SEDAN. ALL THE ACCESSSORIES AND FEATURES STILL WORK WELL. BRAKES ARE MARGINAL AND LIGHTS NEED A LOT OF HELP. MUST BE IN THE ENGINEERING HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO IMPROVE THEM. ALL IN ALL A GOOD TRUCK THAT GM NEEDED TO DO SOME WORK ON TO MAKE A GREAT TRUCK.

I Cried When it Died

This vehicle took more abuse from my dad than anything else period. We bought it used with 180K on it and put another 95K on it. The transmission died and we bought a rebuild which only lasted two years. We couldn't afford to fix it again. There were no other problems with this vehicle. No matter how hot or how cold, it would start. No matter how heavy the load, it would tow, no matter how deep the snow or mud or what ever, it wouln't get stuck. NEVER ONCE DID THIS VEHICLE STRAND US! EVER! When the transmission died, it still got my dad home from work! Other than a few things being difficult to work on there were no problems. I donated it because I couldn't afford a transmission.

best truck ever

I have a 95 ex. cab 4 wheel drive with 156000 miles and no problems. It does great in snow with weight in the back and I have taken it offroading a couple times and never got stuck. The 4 wheel drive can get you out of anything. I want to put 33 inch tires on it, and a 350.

2.6

4 cylinder is not the best motor for this truck

I owned a 95 s10 with the 2.2 I-4 and it has blown head gaskets twice. gets good gas mileage but it doesnt have the best performance. Get the V6 in this truck. It doesnt get the best gas mileage but it is much more reliable