1998 Chevrolet S 10

Awesome little truck

by from Austinville,Virginia on September 5, 2017

I got this truck as soon as I got my drivers license. Like any teenage boy your gonna be rough on vehicles and the s-10 did great. Even so much as when my little brother got his license he got to drive it too. I recommend this truck to anyone they run forever

Lil Red

by from cookeville, tn on May 5, 2017

I've owned this vehicle for about 10k miles so far and a little over a year. I have the single cab 2.2 liter ls version (2wd). Not a bad little truck. I have had ease finding many after market parts to put on this to keep it with the traditional "mini truck" scene. I get looks and people stop me and talk to me about my 4,000$ truck all the time which was surprising. Doesn't take much to make these things look pretty good. Believe it or not you can fit a lot in this truck bed. The overall ride I don't much remember as I've upgraded the whole suspension and wheel/tire package. The one thing I do hate about this truck is the 2.2 does not like to go up large hills and has a heck of a time getting to 70 mph on the interstate. But once it does..rides good, rpms stay consistent. OEM parts are CHEAP for this thing. They are known for slight electrical problems (mine has 35k original miles and reverse light failure due to shortage in one of the wires). Overall...solid, cheap truck and you can actually tow more than you think you can with these things.

Owned for 10 Years

by from Cincinnati, Ohio on July 5, 2014

I've owned the 2.2 liter five speed manual version of this truck for ten years. It is dependable and reliable and mine has 175000 miles on it. As long as you keep up on the oil changes and maintenance this truck should easily run 250000 miles on the original engine and transmission.

fun truck

by from western washington on December 12, 2013

this truck is just fun to drive. It has all of the options an old guy could ever want including a C.D. player and a separate tape deck! It's definitely a "go anywhere" machine and the bucket seats are very comfortable. access to the cab is easy with the truly adjustable steering wheel. Am looking forward to the roll out of the Colorado P.U. next year.

JOKE

by from on August 30, 2013

avoids calls. auctions car off on street cornor. guys a joke. doesn't give honest answers about the vehical.

Reliable little utility truck

by from Douglas County, Oregon on February 8, 2012

My husband bought this truck in 2000, having owned an older model before that. We used it for everything for the first 7 years we had it. It was cheap to keep and cheap to run, and the interior styling and transmission were more like a car's. Then he passed, and now I use it as a utility vehicle - dump runs, taking the dogs out for fun, and for everything when my main car is not usable for whatever reason. Have spent little money on repairs, just ordinary maintenance. It gets about 22 mph city, 30 or more hwy. I don't use it for road trips because the ride isn't particularly conmfortable. However no way would I sell it as long as it runs.

Very Realiable Vehicle

by from Dracut Massachuttes on November 25, 2011

its just been the best Vehicle Ive ever owned. it does anything a full sized truck can do and fits into any area that a large truck can't get into I wish Chevy Kept the model going.

keeps on keepin on

by from san jose, ca on February 27, 2010

basically a good vehicle. not fast. less than average amount of power especially in the higher elevations. reasonably good fuel economy. falls apart slowly, 3rd door handle broke twice, seats are not awesome, since 98 replaced alternator, exhaust system with catalytic converter, oil leak repaired and with 167,000 miles it still seems to be doing well.

love this litle truck

by from Fl on May 31, 2008

Low on power!!! but like the gas mileage !!! If you want to tow (give it up) This truck coul'd not pull A tea-bag out of a cup But over all it's good basic transport. It halles more then you think it will in the bed. This truck is just a small car with a bed on it. knowing what it wuz prior to buying it. A'm happy whith what I got for my money. Good baisic little truck.

The Best Truck We Have Owned

by from IL on December 28, 2007

The truck Rides nice.....bought it in 2000 used Great condition.....STILL RUNS LIKE A CHAMP! Four wheel Drive Works Great!

Our Expert Review: 1998 Chevrolet S 10