Read or write a review.

3.9
Average based on 11 reviews

Best truck ever

by from KY on May 12, 2009

I have a 1988 s10 2wd i bought when i was 16, i am now 28 and i still have the truck and drive it weekly. it has jus shy of 600,000 miles on it and still has same motor, has never been rebuilt. the trans has been replaced but i have really beat on the truck and hauled stuff that most people would use a 3/4 ton for. i will recommend anyone to buy a s10. they are very much worth the money.

Awesome Truck

by from Arkansas on June 14, 2009

I have the 2.2 4 cyl. step side, and it is one of the most reliable vehcles I have ever owned. It has 150,500 miles on it and at least the much more to go.

Good value

by from Lees Summit, MO. on November 20, 2009

I have the 4.3 liter, 4x4, X-cab. Bought used 7 years ago with 22K miles; now have 95K. Really like the truck, but it's had it's share of problems... Replaced catalytic converter, ball joints, idler arm, water pump, oil cooler lines, left wheel bearing, and the brakes. The float on the fuel gauge is bad but haven't replaced it yet. Oh yeah, the seat adjuster handles for both seats have broken and I'm looking for replacement handles. May sound like a lot of problems, but considering that it's a work truck and I don't baby it, it's not so bad. Runs and drives great, doesn't use oil, and gets good gas mileage (18 city, 22 highway.)

Great first car

by from on February 28, 2009

These cars last forever. I've had one for 4 years and never had trouble. They also look great! Great for new drivers.

Okay truck

by from Morristown, TN on February 6, 2013

I own a 1999 s10 and it was an okay truck up until about 156,000 miles. By then I had to have a new fan clutch, it was fine for another 4k miles, then had to have a water pump. Drove for another 10k miles then I had to replace my blower motor, my heater coil, AC Relay, and 2 of the 3 switches on the inside of the vehicle, dash is falling apart, drove it another 300 miles and it needs a new fuel pump, drove it for another 3k miles, had to replace my clutch and slave cylinder, drove it another 500 miles and it spun a rod bearing and is going to need a rebuild or new engine. If you need a dependable vehicle with minimal mechanical issues a S-10 is not for you.

Best Truck

by from on July 30, 2009

I have owned two s-10's and they were better then any other vehicles I have ever owned.

Gets me to Work on Time Everytime

by from Pittsbugh PA on March 18, 2009

Great truck No issues used for work and side jobs never left me hanging got a smal exhaust prob right now but in 3 years only prob I ever had besides normal maint like brakes and oil changes I run mid grade gas and use castrol gtx Oil Very Depandable!

good truck

by from topeka kansas on December 6, 2006

iv had this truck for almost 8 years an has 200,000 miles with little problems . bought it used with 32k for 13 k spent 2k for repair off an on way down the road . its an awesome truck , 4.3 2wd 99

Great Design For The Time

by from Clearwater, FL on November 2, 2015

The 4.3 Vortec is very reliable, surprisingly powerful, and smooth, My truck was purchased new in 1997 and now has 200K on the odometer with under $2000 in repairs. No problems for the first 140,000 then it needed some repairs, being I like the car to run well and it has been such a great car, I went all the way and replaced the front end suspension (very affordable), fuel pump, water pump, radiator, a couple of sensors, a couple of gaskets and the a/c compressor. The paint is in great condition and no problems with the interior (except for the seat handles and 3rd door handle which was under $20 to repair. I I think I will keep it for another 200,000 miles..

junk s-10

by from Lincoln, NE on December 3, 2010

I recently test drove this chevy s-10 and it was a piece of S#$%. It rattled, tires were worn out and the engine vibrated when you let off the gas. Driving it on the interstate was a bad idea, it would not accelerate like it should, I would not buy this pickup.

Our Expert Review: 1999 Chevrolet S 10