Read or write a review.

3.8
Average based on 4 reviews

Awesome Crew Cab

by from Glendale Springs, NC on November 17, 2009

I got my 02 crew cab s-10 today..and so far, Im impressed. My dad and grandpa have had 4x4 s-10s in the past, and have been the most reliable vehicle they have had. In the crew cab, there is plenty of room in the back, and a ton of leg room for the driver. The controls for radio, and temperature are perfect and most convenient of any truck I have saw. I have the heated seats and heated mirrors, and the over-head console with thermometer; giving it the luxury SUV look and feel. Ground clearance is perfect, not too low, not too high. I have always loved the 4.3, its a stout, tourqey engine; almost like a small 350. You cannot beat the 4x4 in an s-10. Being a firefighter, I have to go into some pretty rough places in the winter, not to mention the snow and ice, and I have yet to get stuck. The s-10 drives very well too. I have driven brand new Colorados and Frontiers and Tacomas and they just walk the road too bad. The s-10 is much more stable, giving you confidence. If anyone is thinking about investing in a mid-size crew cab, go with the s-10.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

A truckers compromise

by from on September 27, 2009

The S10 is the perfect compromise for the man that has always dreamed of having a pickup truck, yet is not a trucker. The S10 has a 6 foot bed, which makes it much more compact than an 8 foot Silverado bed. It also makes the S10 more realistic for someone that does not need all that room in back. If you do not have a job that requires having a bed that large, it is quite an inconvenience. The 6 foot bed makes it easier to back in places and move around in tighter places. The crew cab gives the S10 more of a SUV feel as well. The back seat has limited yet enough space for people to ride in. The front seats have plenty of leg room with a nice set up of the radio and other controls in between the seats. The radio controls are on top giving the driver and passenger access to the controls easily, which is right on top of the temperature controls. Beneath that hole set up is the tape player which is lower to the ground which keeps it out of the way. The plus to having a tape player today is being able to play your mp3 through it with a better quality than transmitting it through the radio. The V6 engine is a plus that makes it more fuel efficient, and more realistic. If you are just using the car as an everyday use, and not hauling things around, you do not need that extra horse power. The car also rides a bit lower, making it not feel like you are towering over the ground. The perfect truck for the non trucker.

Good overall truck

by from Missouri on March 11, 2011

I have a 2004 ZR5 S-10 Crew Cab and I love it. It has almost everything, Sporty Good Looks, a full back seat that is comfortable, 4x4 so you can go everywhere, very dependable and the 4.3 v6 has more power for towing than the Colorado with the I5. My only complaint is the 19 Hwy MGP. Seems Like a V6 should do a little better in that area.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

worst car ever

by from Spencer, Indiana on April 19, 2010

Littterly, I didn't have a single good thing about this car. I sold it after a few months and bought a Honda Rigdeline. I'll never buy another Chevy again.

Similar Models

Select up to three models to compare with the 2004 chevrolet s_10

You have selected maximum of 3 cars

Remove one of these cars to add others or compare the below cars now.