4.3
Average based on 10 reviews

GREAT TRUCK

by from Plano, TX on July 1, 2010

I purchased this truck new in Aug 2004. 4wd, crewcab, longbed, duramax. After the first year of ownership I put a 4" rancho lift and 35" tires, ranchhand front and rear bumpers and custom stereo/nav in it. It now has 170,000 miles on it and the only thing I've done to the engine is replace the glow plug module ($200) last week. Because of the bigger tires I have replaced 1 hub/bearing assembly and the ball joints in Feb of this 2010. Still has original brakes. The biggest/only gripe about this truck is the intermediate steering shaft causes a rattle in the steering wheel. I did just replace that last week for the 3rd time ( first 2 under warranty). I change the oil/air filter every 4k, flush the tranny every 50k, fuel filter 10k and still going strong. I do have the itch for a new one and will look at the new 2011 duramax when they're in.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

The Best

by from Louisiana on December 28, 2011

The truck is everything I was looking for. The 6.6 duramaxx is great. The truck handles well and drives well also. I would recommend this truck to anybody.

Uses car for Towing

Great truck

by from Gulf coast on March 2, 2010

This is just a super overall truck. The duramax diesel is strong and the allison transmission is super-smooth.

great work truck

by from Michigan on March 19, 2010

I bought my 2500HD brand new and ordered it with the 6.0 a 5 sp trans 4wd and 4.11 posi. It has unbelieveable power, more fun to drive than most sports cars. The milage is better than my old one (a 92 2500 with a 350 engine) if you can keep your foot off the happy pedal. It tows great handles excellent and easily handles 2700# in the box. My two complaints are that the windows ALWAYS freeze shut in the winter (which is a pain for a smoker) and the lack of lumbar support in the seat which makes you stiff on long rides. My next truck will probably be a newer version of the same thing, and probably a duramax, but it will be many years before this one wears out. Great truck, Id reccomend it to anyone that needs an HD for towing or hauling.

Siverado

by from Indiana on July 25, 2012

The Chevy duramax diesel silverado has to be the best truck on the market. They are comfortable, have all kinds of power and with a few inexpensive upgrades get good milage. This is the second one I have owned and will have one for as long as I can drive. I use my truck for everything from hauling the kids around to getting to that good hunting spot way off the road.

Silverado 2500HD

by from Sk. on May 22, 2011

Great pickup for trailer towing. Has good fuel economy as well. Will probably buy another pickup with the Duramax engine.

Uses car for Towing

great for towing lots off room

by from Los Angeles, CA on May 21, 2008

this is one of the best truck we ever had. i mean we try the the hemi and the lincon truck (ford) and even the f-350 we were not happy with the way they drive the hemi had power but it lack in acceleration up top is good the lincon truck its just for looks THATS IT the f-350 rough ride no control what so ever now with the silverado 2500hd its great towing execlent in highway city driving, good lots of room for the family in the back the best part is the long bed go anywere with all your toys. engine powere exelent(just to brag a lil bit i can keep up with the chargers) and not the v-6 the v-8

Would not go back

by from San Diego on June 16, 2014

The dealer was so rude. We had been shopping for a this year, make and model. Bingo found it. The truck would not turn over. The battery was dead. Priced above what was listed on cars.com. Asked for the lowest price, the guy actually quotes 1,000. More then the truck is listed on the internet, " the best I can do ". He tried to make us feel stupid. Only work with people you like .

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

just love a chevy

by from on October 19, 2010

have a duramax diesel and just bought a gmc envoy love them is there anything else then a CHEVY i think not lol

Hate this truck

by from Clearfield, PA on August 11, 2012

Was supplied to me for work with odem. reading 42000 but the shifting leaver is messed up, the drive train has noises, has crack windows (how cheap!) I haven't seen a crack window since the early 1980's. I hate this truck so bad I might quit my job to get out of it! Rides like a rock, 8' bed means it spins really easy on gravel roads. Most disgusting vehicle I've ever driven! If you're use to an extended cab and think that power options should be standard, stay a way from this old regular cab truck..