2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500

The most reliable vehicle I've ever owned

by from West Branch, Michigan on August 22, 2017

The most reliable vehicle I've ever owned, at present time who is 24,000 miles away from hitting the 1,000,000 mile mark, it has hauled everything I've ever put behind it without any issues and has never left me stranded on the side of the road, I am a construction roadwork or during the summer and I Haul New travel trailers to the dealerships in the winter time. The truck is still all original with the exception of a new transfer case this past February

6.0 liter has power to spare

by from Lewiston, Idaho on August 19, 2017

This truck is very nice to drive, rides smooth and being a 5 speed manual gets about 13.8 in town and 16.7 on the highway unloaded. The air conditioning works great. Turning radius is quicker than my 1993 Chevy k1500.

Uses car for Towing

Trusty hauler that rides like a car!

by from Sumas, WA on August 17, 2017

Such a quiet , cushy ride! Drive a truck that feels like driving a car. COld A/C, nice sound system, all the bells and whistles of a high end car!

Best truck I've ever owned

by from Fairbanks, AK on August 3, 2017

It's a beast. Pulls whatever I need and gets great mileage doing it. Upgrade your tierods though. IFS makes for an awesome ride on hardball but you have to upgrade to stronger parts for more reliability if you wanna take it offroad

Best truck for my buck

by from SAN ANTONIO TX on July 10, 2017

I bought this truck brand new only have 60.000 thousand miles on it runs great in this south Texas heat I work it hard but do my regular maint on it best truck ever

Power, Reliability, and Gas Mileage

by from Beatrice, Nebraska on June 18, 2017

Getting this pickup with the 6.6 Duramax (LBZ engine) has been my dream vehicle since high school. Bone stock you can tow just about anything the average person would and most farmers, get around 16-18 mpg in town and 19-20 on the highway, and have a respectable amount of get up and go capability. Get a simple $300 tuner (read the tuner reviews, their are good and bad tuners) and you will have an absurd amount of pulling power you'll probably never have to use all of, get around 18-19 mpg in town and 21-24 mpg on the highway, and be able to break the back tires loose at your own convenience with minimal effort. Other than the average "oh there is a tiny oil leak" I have never had any mechanical issues with this vehicle. If it is 10 below 0 or 120 outside, the truck always starts up. As for ride quality, it is a 2500HD pickup designed with the purpose of hauling ridiculously heavy loads. That being said, I found that it rides better than my grandfathers 2008 Silverado 2500HD and my old 2009 Silverado 1500 Z71. It has the ride quality you could easily live with. Interior is "adequate". I say this because while it's not special or fancy or have that "wow" factor when you get in. It's on par with every other pickup of its generation and it's very durable. After 11 years, everything works, no symbols are scratched off of buttons, no trim is missing, the headliner is still tight with the ceiling, the light bulbs all work, no loud shaky or squeaky pieces of trim, their is 1 screw in the side of the seat that works its way out once a week that I can't get to tighten up but other than noticing it as you get in and out of the vehicle it doesn't do anything. If I were to recommend any upgrades to this vehicle upon purchase, they would be 1) Simple tuner like a FlashPaq 2) High output LEDs to replace the reverse lights in the tail lights

Awesome truck!

by from Lubbock, TX on May 17, 2017

Great truck...most reliable Chevy model they made. I owned this truck for a year and never had an issue. Powerful truck and road great. Fun rig!

All Around Winner

by from Portland, Oregon on May 10, 2017

I love my Chevy Silverado HD. All around you cannot beat this truck. It performs and drives nice doing it. The Duramax is reliable as heck and the Alison Transmission is bullet proof. After 12 years of ownership it is still my daily commuter and my work truck.

2500 hd fan

by from Santa Cruz on February 12, 2017

super reliable and low maintenance!!!! I have 220k miles on it and still runs strong I'm definitely keeping it

GREAT!

by from Elizabeth Co on November 25, 2015

I love this truck. I use it to pull my Jeep up to the hills. Never any issues other than normal wear and tear. Last of the manual trans. The low first comes in very handy.