2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500

2007 Duramax Classic

by from South Lake Tahoe on April 5, 2017

This is the best running Duramax built. It is the last of the Duramax trucks with out a DPF/DEF emissions.

Awesome Pickup

by from on October 1, 2013

I bought the 2007 Classic extended cab 8ft bed with the Duramax LBZ used with only 59,000 miles. I only have 4500 miles but it pulls well and is quick for a truck of its size. Fuel mileage is good, I'm averaging about 18.5 mpg. Comfort is better than expected and I refuse to ride in my dad's Dodge 2500. Truck too quiet but not for long!

Mechanically superior, but lacking style

by from St. Louis, MO on June 26, 2008

My particular 2007 Silverado 2500HD “Classic” has the 6.6 diesel engine and is nothing more than then the 2006 model. The new emissions standards did not make it into production until later. As such “Classic” models, like mine, do not have the particulate filters or other additional emission controls. I consider it a plus. It would be unfair to compare any HD truck to a ½ ton, and my personal review for the ride quality 5-stars takes that into consideration. For an HD truck, and compared to other HD truck it rides very smoothly. The interior is spacious, well laid out, with all controls in easy reach. There are innovations that are such good ideas, they should be shamelessly copied. GM has done this with the “camping mirrors” option. AKA ford super duty. I have towed our travel trailer with, and without, such mirrors and recommend them highly. I’m waiting for the other major auto makers to copy the “driver information center” (DIC) by GM. With the high maintenance costs of a diesel truck it is useful to keep taps on necessary changes of oil, fuel filters, in addition to gallons used, miles-to-empty, MPG, etc. Mileage is reasonable, if not very good, again compared to any HD truck 20 mpg is good, 13.5 mpg while towing, even better. And towing is where this truck will impress. Under load every shift is smooth; the only indication given that the truck is working is the amount of the fuel consumed. The rear differential (G80) provides superior traction compared to the limited slip enabled Ford I had previously driven. The only negatives, and I have so far only found 2, are: The Alison transmission has a supporting cross member that was not made a part of the frame, but bolted below the frame further lowering ground clearance. The factors tires even are strictly for dry highway cruising. There is really no excuse for such a poor tire. And they are comically small for such a big truck.

My Baby

by from Fl on July 17, 2009

Love Love my Diesel Truck. I didn't know how much better it was until my father took mine on a long trip and left me his 3/4 V10 Ford. The Ford just doesn't have the guts the Chevy Diesel does, completey differnt driving Exp. The Ford does have a lot better turning radius, and the ride was good as well. My truck is the new body style, love the Bose radio, though it didn't have some kind of " Chip" for the XM part. I had to go to Best Buy to get a radio put in, not as nice as factory, but much cheaper. The other bad thing on my truck is the 20 GL gas tank, way to small. My father, who has had lots of campers, of all shapes and sizes, loved using my Diesel, best truck he has every used to pull something with.

Uses car for Towing

great tow vehicle

by from texas on July 15, 2010

replaced an F-350 with this silverado. It pulls great, runs great and is trouble free compared to the ford. cars.com gives wide selection of vehicles and dealers. transaction was painless.

Uses car for Towing

engine

by from Pagham, PO on September 19, 2009

driven off-road loads of times,handles like a dream, lots of luggage to be carried around, go's on anything exept water.

For the kids

by from 72104 on April 19, 2017

My family love's to go out riding down back roads woods wherever we my end up the kids love it I have 2 son's 3 & 2 and it's always that's my truck Daddy I just wish it would still be going when it's time for there frist truck

Similar Models