2014 Silverado 2500

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 2500

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 2500

Have You Driven the 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 2500?

just bougth

by bigtruck from Colorado on Thu Jun 30 2016

Taken one trip so far. Handles my trailer really well. Disappointed in the interior. Has leather and blue tooth but other amenities are missing. Storage is terible, for a 2014 LTZ it is really lacking. My 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee far surpassed it. Drives and rides good for a 2500, plenty of power. Pulling 28' travel trailer at 65 I got 10mpg, meets expectations.

Uses car for Towing

Too soon to give an honest opinion. So far so good

by kevdoutt1948 from Warren, MI on Sun Sep 24 2017

The truck has everything I need. I have 3 kids, it has plenty of leg room in the back seat. It has everything I wanted for pulling a fifth wheel travel trailer.

2014 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 Duramax

by Trucker from Bailey, CO on Thu Jun 19 2014

I traded for a 2012 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 WT regular cab with the 6.0L gas engine a few years ago. I really enjoyed the truck and it was 100% reliable for the two years I drove it. But, I haul a lot of firewood in the summer and fall and needed a little more towing capability. I found I needed a little more room in the cab, too, on the occasions where the truck was used for family trips. I was also looking for a little better fuel economy than the 12.6 mpg I averaged with the 6.0L. I thought the Duramax was out of my reach. The incentives offered by Chevy for the 2014 model year closeout changed my mind. I was recently able to purchase a 2014 2500HD WT crew cab with the Duramax engine. This truck is amazing. Even in WT trim it's got power windows, locks and towing mirrors. The interior is quite comfortable and very roomy. Folding the rear seats is easy and provides for lots of room for monthly trips to CostCo. The plastic trim inside the truck seems to be upgraded over the 2012 and feels softer and of higher quality. Everything on the truck feels solid. The Duramax engine is amazing. There is more power in this truck than most people will need. The truck accelerates quickly even with a heavy load. There is a slight amount of turbo lag when you press your right foot sharply on the pedal but after that slight pause, hold on to your hat. This truck will hit 60 or 70 mph in a heartbeat. When it's empty it'll run with most cars from a dead stop. The diesel is quiet, too, and it doesn't smoke or smell like a diesel, something my wife really appreciates. Cruising down the highway the Duramax pulls only about 1700 rpm at 65mph and the ride quality is as good and quiet as most higher end cars. Chevy offers 2 yrs/24,000 miles of basic maintenance on every truck. That means you really have no maintenance costs for the first two years since they'll take care of oil/filter/lube service plus DEF top-off for that period. Even then, there's no heavy maintenance required under normal circumstances for almost 100,000 miles. Oil/filter/lube, DEF, air and transmission filters and some fluid flushes/fills and that's it. I don't put a lot of miles on my trucks and I do maintain them better than most people so I expect this 2500HD to last me a long time. All in all I'm 100% satisfied with this truck and after comparing it with the competition, especially price, I'm convinced it's far and away the best choice of heavy haulers on the market. I'd recommend this truck without hesitation to anyone in the market.

Solidly built & has everything a guy could ask for

by Outdoor Sportsman from Stephens Point, WI on Tue Feb 18 2014

Looked hard and long for a Heavy-Duty truck to replace my rusted out 2001 Ford F-350. The Silverado has all the bells and whistles and maintains the dependability and work load I need. Since buying my 2500 HD 4X4, I see them everywhere now, seems I'm not the only one that likes this truck.

Great Pickup

by Judy's silverado from Animas, NM on Mon Jan 29 2018

Never had any problems with this pickup! It was very comfortable and very, very reliable! It had a strong motor with a lot of pickup and go!! Highly recommend it to the next buyer!

Loved the color!

by Sunshine55 from Bourne, MA on Wed Oct 04 2017

It was a nice ride although we decided to stick with owning a van as it just works better for us. Our salesperson, Serena Coughlin, of Wareham Ford was just awesome! She really knew her stuff, we never felt pressured and was the most honest salesperson we have ever dealt with.

truck I just phurchased

by scott p on Sat Jul 21 2018

I just traded my 2002 f250 in on this 2014 silverado 2500hd. so far I'm very happy with the chevy. the ride is very smooth and handling seems good to.

Great truck. Tows rv very well

by Jbfry1 from Layton on Tue Nov 13 2018

Great ride. Quieter than i thought for a diesel. All bells and wistles needed. Easy to enter and comfortable. Rear camera gelps alot, especally for hooking rv.

Best truck I ever owned

by Durmax guy from Grand Rapids,MI on Thu Sep 28 2017

Love the power of a Durmax Diesel and the Allison transmission A joy to pull anything and everything!,