2013 Sonic

4.4 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

college graduation gift

by jo's car from rothschild, wi on January 13, 2013

Great car. Alot of space for a compact car. Good gas mileage. Like the touch screen radio and hands free cell answering. Smooth ride. Love this car.

The best car I have ever owned.

by Snowbunnie from DUNDALK on May 11, 2017

I have the turbo edition and it gives me the pick up and go you usually don't get in sedans. I love that the. Car is small but very roomy. I have a choclate brown with a shine which is a unique color. I feel that it is fancier then other brands. I bought it used and i still got the free onstar and sirius xm. The car is very computer savy.

Radio breaks during fourth year

by PatW from Wilder, KY on April 17, 2017

My Chevy Sonic is a great overall car, no problems until I get the "chime fix". Now my radio doesn't work (where all of the settings are), nor does the chime work. The dealer wants me to pay $100 to look at it... I've had this car for four years, bought it new and My Link wont boot up conveniently after my warranty is expired.

Does not recommend this car!!

Fun to drive

by Old fat guy from Kansas City, Mo. on September 1, 2013

I wanted a sports car (regressing to my teenage years) but I am too old and fat to fit in a real modern sports buggy. I came across the 2013 Sonic RS Turbo with 6 speed manual by accident. Originally looking at the new Ford Fusion Hybrid, but then realized that I don't have any children to drive around any more. So instead of spending $35,000 for the Ford, I kept my old sports sedan which wasn't worth anything on trade (2002 Chrysler 300M Special which I really love and is well maintained) and bought the Sonic for $20,000. So, I have 2 cars that I really like and saved $15,000 as well.

Best car I owned

by Turbo from Montgomery, IL on January 12, 2014

I purchased a new car from Advantage Chevrolet in Bolingbrook and I am in love with my new car. Not only are the staff very friendly they helped me find the perfect car that was in my budget. What even more awesome is all the extra features that this car has with out it hurting my pocket. Definitely a nice reliable and affordable car.

Sonic is GREAT

by RugerPirate from Wyoming on September 9, 2013

I had been a proud owner of an HHR. I loved that little car, just didn't get as good a gas mileage that I wanted. I just purchased a Chevy Sonic 5door hatchback last week. I opted for the non-turbo 1.8 ltr, and I have not been disappointed. I live in Wyoming, near the Bighorn Mountains. This little car climbed the mountain road with no trouble and was able to pass slower moving rigs on short stretches with no problem. I like the manual mode Auto-stick, it makes descents from the mountains easy without wearing out the brakes.

Awesome performance for a 1.4L Turbo

by Chevy Man from San Fernando Valley, CA on December 18, 2013

Besides already being a GM guy. Let alone at least American cars. So I was trying to make up my mind if I should by a new car...well I did! I shopped around and did my homework thoroughly. For the size with weight, cargo, styling and performance the little Sonic is just the greatest choice. But being the sporty car guy I am i just had to go all out and get the Sonic RS! Unlike most people I'm a color person and really wanted a sunroof so I was all over looking and found one in Northern California. Bright Red and after cleaning and waxing it up it is just plain awesome. It is so nimble, pepy and great to drive. I didn't even know it had heated seats as well as everything u can get in a little car like this..I really don't know where 10 airbags are....but I love to drive my little RED ROCKET! Thanks GM...I love you!!!

The Hedgehog

by Super Sonic from Sullivan, IL on September 16, 2013

Great little car. Better than advertised gas mileage. Good power for its size. No wind noise at all, nicely sealed. Enormous trunk for such a small car. Packed plenty of options into this small package. The MyLink radio is okay but not special. They're chewing up your phone data to make things work for them. They should also offer more apps if they're wanting you to use your data to make their radio work to sell their car. The cockpit wraps around you nicely and gives plenty of head room. The cup holders are positioned too far toward the back of the center section between the seats making it hard to reach when you have more than one in use. The steering wheel could have been made of a material with better grip. Chevy could have picked better tires for this one as these give you too much road noise. They grip the road well but you hear every bump you go over. Overall it's a great little car, the negative comments are just food for thought for GM for the next model year.

Buddy

by ColetteDD2 from Aurora, CO on April 19, 2017

I've had my Sonic/Buddy three weeks now and love it! First car that's an automatic and a turbo and like both a lot, thank goodness for cruise control! Both AC & Heat work really well.

Just what the doctor ordered

by City Driver from Shawnee, Kansas on November 15, 2013

Was looking for a smaller car for city driving that would fit in a smaller garage space. So far so good. Am getting 24 plus mpg in city driving. Probably could do better but this little dynamo is way too much fun to drive to be creeping away from stop lights. Got the LTZ turbo hatch back, automatic. It is very confortable in the front seats and a blast to drive. The torgue and pick up is exceptional. Ride is comfortable and controled. Cabin is quiet. Read some reviews complaining about wandering out of lane. Have no idea what those reviewers were smoking. Steering is sharp and precise with no wandering. Lack of Home Link for garage door opening is my only complaint. This is my first Chevy product in many years, what an improvement over the old days.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9