2004 Chevrolet Ssr

This car is an excellent entry level muscle car.

by from Chandler, AZ on July 18, 2017

This car was my first "muscle car". It's a dream to drive. This car has plenty of power and, with the paint job, gets noticed.

Uses car for Havingfun

Nice vehicle not as reliable as I hoped

by from Topeka,ks on June 24, 2017

It is fun to drive but I have had some issues with windows leaking and also some electrical issues with spark plugs and also injectors.

Head Turner..very reliable..beauty!

by from on June 3, 2017

This car meets all of my needs and have plenty leg room. Rare car...top down or up, it turns head everywhere I drive..

Coolest car I have ever owned

by from Canton, Michigan on April 30, 2015

Slingshot yellow, gets all the looks. I have owned many Hot Rods over my life time, but the SSr is the best. The best thing is you can take it to a GM dealer if you need any repair, Try doing that with an old Hot Rod. Worth every penny. They are really not that expensive.

great vehicle, runs great

by from Port St Lucie Fl on December 4, 2012

The best car I have had for pleasure driving. I have never had a problem with anything on the vehicle.

Come the SSR Fanatic's

by from Greenville, sc on September 5, 2012

I reacently purchased a low mileage 2004 SSR in Ultra-Violet (purple). it took approx 2 months of hunting to find the right truck. This is a neat ride that turns heads wherever it goes. A classic retro style and a convertible pickup truck plus the color make it an eyecatcher. The interior is comfortable but poor placement of the door armrests, side bars and height of the doors present a challenge for arm postioning. While the interior is classy and retro it could have benefitted from a little more attention to detail from GM prior to production. Poorly postioned clips on the driveshaft tunnel for the cupholders, the one in the dash does not securely hold a cup, difficulty in getting the coin tray open and no place to hold a cell phone etc. Performance is adequete- it is a 4 speed auto with a a 300 HP V-8. It has get up and go. Newer models - 05/06 came with the LS-2 Vette engine at 395 hp w/ auto and 400hp w/ a 6 speed manual. Biggest disappointment is the tires- GM's fault since they are the ones who spec'ed them for the SSR. Eagle RS-A's- no treadlife, poor grip and they wear like junk. Trying to find something decent that matches brands and types is a bit of a challenge but info on the SSR fanatics website does provide additional insight along with Discount tire who seem to the best experts for assistance.

GREAT TRUCK

by from nevada on June 6, 2012

This year truck can use regular 87 octane and can perform great. I have ridden in them and they are a hoot and fun to drive.

Cool wheels

by from Bethlehem, PA on January 16, 2012

So far, so good. Enjoyable to drive and get lots of comments too. Can carry a 4 x 8 piece of plywood too!

Ya gotta want it!

by from Jacksonville, Fl. on November 7, 2011

It's a head-turner (yellow)...especially with the added rear spoiler and side graphics ...but it's HEAVY..requires at least 91 octane - I use 93...and I'm lucky if I get 15 mpg! I also added a K&N high-flow air intake...magnaflow exhausts & had a dyno-tune. I'll probably keep it for 12-18 months...then trade again.