2001 Suburban

4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Best Tow Vehicle I have owned

by Trailer Hauler from on June 22, 2009

4 kids, dog, and a 31 foot trailer. This car(and the 8.1L engine) doesn't even break a sweat. I have had an F150, Silverado and Isuzu Trooper in the past and none of them could get through a single year without replacing some part or the suspension (usually ball joint) due to our 5 mile dirt road and Vermont mud season. I have had this car for 4 years and had no repairs other than a Crankshaft Position Sensor (which was under recall).

subueban rules

by 01 chevy owner from on February 7, 2009

I bought the suburban brand new and ever sence then i have never had any work done on it. also it can can take a beating. mine has been in 4 minor wreks and one side impact and the only damage is on blue streke on the side from the other car. Also a tree fell on it when hurrican elvis blew threw memphis and of course the tree didn't do anything. the only complant i have with the car is the gas consumption, but what can you expect from something so big. Over all the 2001 chevy suburban ls 2500 is a great car and i would recomend it to a freind.

01 LS 4X4

by Mr. Dad from riverside ca on December 15, 2009

best chevy I ever owned. The gas is not bad for a big car. love the 4x4 on it. Wife loves it more than me!!!

alot of car for the money

by soccer mom from on November 19, 2008

These cars are great if you have a family and gear. It is very affordable compared to comparable suv's in it's class. I would definitely recomend it for those who need it.

Good car for the money

by Oldtimer from Cleveland Ohio on February 12, 2008

I just bought this vehicle 5 days ago and it has been fine so far.If I have any problems I'll be sure to keep it posted.But so far it is overall 5 out of 5 stars.

Luxurious Comfort for Everyone

by Owner from Boise, ID on July 30, 2006

This vehicle's size and deluxe comfort are perfect for a family that spends a great deal of time in the car. The Suburban has numerous premium features that will keep every family member happy while on board. In addition, you have enough room to inlude extra family or friends as well as their gear without compromising anyone's comfort. From a Mother who's owned several other brands of family vehicles, this is by far the best!

awesome suv 4x4

by skeeter from tennesee on June 17, 2011

I owned one for about 6 or 7 yrs, mainly for vacations, commuting kids, going too the lake. one of the best riding trucks i have ever had!! Never had second thoughts about filling it with gas and driving anywhere in the country. 2000 and 2001 best year model ive seen in a long time!! With regular maintanance never had a major malfunction. Kids grew up and it became more of a backup vehicle, so i sold it, I had every intention of getting 500,000 miles out of it before any engine or transmission issue. I bet its still on the road today. I remember one december getting snow and ice, streets were terrible but 4x4 got us everywhere we needed to go. The kids had a great time shopping and there we no lines at the checkout!!

Flat Out Awesome!

by Jeff from FL on September 16, 2016

My wife and I bought an 01' (2500 model) used with about 23K on it back in 2005. After selling our home in FL we went on a 3 month cross-country trip including British Columbia, Yukon Territory, and Alaska. We put nearly 20,000 miles on during this period and ZERO problems. And up in the Yukon and Alaska we weren't babying it either...logging roads, crossing streams, mountains, you name it. I'd get another one in a heartbeat.

Long term car.

by Burb fan from Ohio on February 20, 2012

We purchased our suburban 10 years ago with 100K miles on it. It was a super buy. It had been cared for well and we have had wonderful service. We don't put a lot of miles on our vehicles but we do use them hard in our repair business. I am sure we will purchase another one but I don't know when. It is a dual purpose vehicle for us -- business use and personal. We can get six adults and ski equipment in it for as 3-4 day ski vacation. It is very comfortable on long trips -- smooth ride and spacious. For business, it is very versatile.

A DEPENDABLE SUV

by INFORMED CUSTOMER from NJ on January 17, 2007

OVERALL EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE AND GOOD RELIABILITY. IN 6 YEARS BROKE ONCE AND THE CHEVROLET SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT. IT HANDLES VERY WELL ON THE SNOW AND IN DIFFICULT TERRAIN. VERY COMFORTABLE AND SPACIOUS. WE HAVE TRAVELED AS FAR AS 1000 MILES DISTANCES WITH 8 PEOPLE, 2 DOGS AND LUGGAGE WITHOUT DIFFICULTIES. AFTER 6 YEARS AND CLOSE TO 70000 MILES THIS VEHICLE STILL HANDLES PRETTY GOOD. I WILL PROBABLY KEEP IT FOR ANOTHER 6 YEARS.

1 2 3