Model Details

4.0
Average based on 13 reviews

No Substitute

by from Detroit, MI on May 18, 2007

My 2500 with 8.1L has approx. 22,000 miles on it. Even mix of highway and city driving. MPG is significantly lower than printed- I'm getting 11/14 city/highway. Expect even lower with spirited driving. By far the best road-trip vehicle ever. Quiet, stable, powerful, comfortable. Did some heavy comparison shopping before purchasing this- used excursion: too loud, diesel to sluggish around town, not as comfortable interior. new expedition EL: no 3/4 chassis, too anemic. No other comparibles- don't even mention the 'armada', the GVWR listed by nissan is laughable- why they don't get called on those numbers is beyond me (plus there's no storage). Tows a 9000lb travel trailer perfectly. Worth every penny Chevy charges.

3rd One I've Owned because they are so good

by from Dallas, TX on August 28, 2010

The Suburban is a great family vehicle and for towing but full of luxurious touches that make it nice too.

Best Truck I have ever owned!!

by from Middletown, Delaware on July 20, 2008

I traded in my Expedition for this and I love it. The only slight drawback is the MPG. But when you need to tow a 33' foot travel trailer, this is the vehicle to own. Keep the tires inflated properly and change the oil regularly and add a fuel injector cleaner at every oil change and you can maximize your mpg on this vehicle. I average 12mpg pulling my camper and 17 around town and 21hwy.

Suburban is the Best SUV

by from on February 27, 2012

Suburban is the best full size SUV on the road today and in the past. Have owned 2 since 2000 and what a great car.

Manic Best Truck!

by from Machesney Park,IL on May 7, 2010

I'm 4th owned suburban since 1973,1980,1999 and 2005. It always plenty cargo roomy what i need big furniture fits! also family and friends 9 seats . It is powerful Vortec as always!. I purchased Used suburban only 38K lowest miles and fablous low price $15,900 so i grab it !. I can keep this suburban till until over 150k or more !.

05 SUBURBAN

by from Dallas TX on July 1, 2010

I just sold this 2005 suburan z71 2wd for $11,000. I put 153,000 miles on it and other than 3 sets of tires, a battery and a $150 on new U joints I didn't spend a penny on repairs. Changed the oil/filter every 4k miles and did a transmission flush and change every 50k miles. It still had original brakes with half the pad left. Great vehicle. It was my 4th suburban in 12 years and the other had similar history with minimal to no problems. Now in a 2010 denali xl - we'll see in 4 or 5 years if good luck coninues.

Big Mormon Wagon (BMW)

by from Show Low, AZ on July 3, 2012

This is my second Burb. Love every bit of it. Long trips have become enjoyable and fun. The DVD is a huge asset with the kids. All leather for easy clean-up. Plenty of power to use when needed and its not afraid to tow. Suprisingly agile considering the size of the vehicle.

Great Car Great Deal

by from Troy VA on November 17, 2013

Best overall large SUV out there good gas mileage, reliable, comfy for driver and passenger, large cargo capacity

Extremely disappointed

by from MA on October 27, 2010

I owned a 1999 Suburban with 150+K miles when the engine went. So I bought a 2005 with clean car fax/single owner. Had 63K miles. Hit 73k Miles and the transmission went! Called dealer and got nothing. Cost $2400 to fix. Be very careful if you're considering a suburban. A truck transmission should not go like that.

2005 Chevy Z71 Surburban

by from Beaumont, Tx on March 15, 2013

I purchased a Chevy Surburban from Classic Chevrolet, my sales representative was very helpful and really tried to work with me as best he could. A month after a had the truck the (service 4WD) message popped up resulting in replacing the 4WD motor for which the warranty didn't cover, prior to that I had issues with the handling of the vehicle, I spend a lot of time in my vehicles from driving to work, hunting and fishing so I need a SUV I can depend on I wish the truck had been checked out better before making it available for purchase.