2006 Chevrolet Suburban

expensive to drive but good SUV

by from Sacramento, Ca on December 10, 2006

I usually buy a new car about every 2 years. I think that this SUV is one of the best I have owned. I enjoy the roominess and availability of extra seating. It has great ammenities, comfortable drive and is adaptable in a variety of weather conditions. I do not like that it is so expensive to run. Gas is a killer on this SUV and with small children it can be a real challenge to get in and out. A sure testimonial is the safety. I was involved in a high speed accident (hit by another vehicle traveling approx. 60MPH). When the other vehicle hit my suburban, the damage was minimal compared to the other parties vehicle. Her vehicle has extensive injuries. If I had not been in my suburban I am certain that our injuries would have been much greater. Overall, this is a safe, reliable and comfortable SUV.

My Suburban

by from Oxnard, CA on April 27, 2017

I traded in my 2004 Toyota Camry for a 2006 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4 2500 8.1 liter back in 2011. It had 40212 miles on it and I do not regret it. I like the power and roominess of the truck and my kids like watching there cartoons on the DVD player when we drive to Las Vegas. I've never had any problems with it, at this moment I have 61200 miles on it ando get about 8.6 miles to a gallon in the city and when taking long trips I get about 16 to 17 miles to a gallon. I am not to concerned with the gas mileage and I plan to keep this truck for life. Then when the time comes I will pass it on to my son.

great vehicle

by from Murray, UT on September 17, 2013

We've owned our suburban for several years, and it has been a great car to own and drive. Nice ride, lots of comfortable features and we love having the extra space.

BIG Surprise

by from Chattanooga, Tennseesse on June 5, 2007

The first thing I thought when I saw the Surburban is wow, its huge, comfortable, and not that pricey, but I also thought that performance wise it would be horrible. To my BIG Surprise it wasnt. It has better performance than any suv in its class other than its cousins the Escalade ESV and the Yukon XL. Interior The inside of the Surburban is very nice especially in the Z71 and LTZ models. Standard leather on both. You have lots of leg and head room to make a trip cross-country comfortable. The kids will have no trouble being quiet on long trips with an optional DVD player. The dashboard has a great design and everything is easy to find and work. The third row seat is very comfortable, much more comfortable than the third row in a Nissand Armada or a Dodge Durango. The seating arangements range from 7-9. With to buckets in middle or 40-20-40 middle row. The third row is very accesible to litte kids and big adults. Great interior. Exterior The exterior is due for an update, but on the new LTZ the outside is very nice. The Z71 offers something different as well. kids and adults can easily step up onto the sidesteps to get into the car. The Suburban is longer than the other full size suvs except for one. The reason behind this is because the Suburban has much more room behind the third row than the Ford Expidition, Toyota Sequia, Dodge Durango, Nissan Armada and many more. More room behind the third row is much welcomed on trips with lots of suitcases that the suvs listed a-bove cant fit without putting it on the roof. Great Exterior. Performance The Suburban is much swifter than other full size suvs because of the 295 HP 5.3 liter V-8, and the 325 HP 8.1 liter V-8 on the LTZ model. Safety You cant be any safer with an Onstar system in your car like this Suburban has. Its the only car in its class that even offers it, that speaks for itself. You also have dependable traction control. Overall the Suburban is the best car in its class any way you look at it.

Suburban = Lemon

by from Denver, Colorado on January 8, 2010

I bought a new 2006 Suburban and had to replace the transmission after 60k miles. The warranty had expired and GM offered no assistance. I will never buy a GM car again.

Cheap, car, much worse than I thought!

by from Unkown on December 15, 2006

Unexplainable disgust for the car. I was on the freeway when all of a sudden, the car stopped (as if I was to put the car to "park")! I got minor injuries to myself and the car. As soon as I called a tow truck, I told the driver to first bring the car to the dump, and then , drive me home for 35$. Although, excellent comfort and interior design!

The best vehicle for my family of 6. I felt safe

by from Achilles, Va. on April 27, 2017

I felt safe driving this vehicle with my 4 kids. There was plenty of room for extra family. I loved everything about it. I never had heated seats before and WOW. was great!

Chevy Got this one PERFECT!

by from Hernando, MS on April 20, 2017

I can't say enough good things about this vehicle. The proven 5.3l V8 is dependable, quite, powerful and for a vehicle this size surprisinly fuel efficient. It will do 75 on the interstate and will run under 2k rpm. The leather seats are like sittjng in a high end livingroom chair! I own 4 vehicles and this is my "go too" road trip, around town and Saturday night with friends vehicle!

Ms.lady

by from Savannah on July 12, 2017

It's a vehicle that have enough room in the vehicle for me and my family on a day to day basis .I have ,5 little children and they need they spaces just as well as me when we on the road so everyone would be locked down safe and sound

Comfortable heated seats and room for everyone!

by from on May 17, 2017

Perfect fit for someone with either lots of passengers, or like me needs the cargo room for hauling large items.

Similar Models