1999 Chevrolet Tracker consumer reviews

$13,635–$15,935 MSRP range
side view of 1999 Tracker Chevrolet
Explore the 1999 Chevrolet Tracker
3.6

I like the basic design stay simple.

Love the fun of driving it four by four system should have went with manual lock outs not auto lock the design idea is bad not reliable so install manual lock hubs and weld the actuator inside the Axel and I'll have a fun car

4.1

Basic and dependable

My 1999 Chevy 2 door Tracker is equipped with a 2 liter motor, automatic transmission, 4 wheel drive and a removable hardtop. I've had it for several months and appreciate it's simplicity, economy, utility ( Great offroad crawler ) and reliability. It's inexpensive to maintain and less expensive than the "high priced spread" SUVS to repair. Handling is not crisp, but is predictable. Even crawling in 4 wheel low range from sea level to 5000 feet on a 4 wheel designated trail at low speeds in 90+ temperatures, the temp gauge never budged from normal. It has the tightest turning radius of any vehicle I've ever driven. 20-28 mpg. 151,000 miles.

Very Reliable

My vehicle is 203,000 miles and when I need parts,the parts are very inexpensive. Very well worh it!

reliable car

250,000 miles and going strong,no problems other than routine issues. Handles okay except for winter weather, which is not so good.

Best car for the money

I have had my 1999 chevy tracker for around 5 mths. now and i love it. It has a 1.6 in it, 4x4, 5 speed, and it has almost 168k miles and still running very strong! There is only one thing I dont like about this car and that is the fact that you cant put a hard top on it.