2004 TrailBlazer

4.3

4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money
4 out of 5 stars Interior Design
4 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have you driven the 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer?

Nice Mid-Size SUV

by Bass Guy from Chicagoland on Thu Jul 08 2010

Going from two vehicles (a GMC 1500, I used only when needed and a Pontiac Grand Prix used for my daily travels) down to one, I wanted a vehicle that could pull my 20' Bass Boat every other weekend and still give me decent fuel mileage with my every day use. My Trailblazer fit the bill. Although a larger vehicle probably would give a better ride when pulling my boat, I don't pull my boat every day and didn't want to give up the mileage of the smaller SUV. Since the Trailblazer came into production, the exterior has always caught my eye, but the interior is lacking slightly over other models. Since buying my Trailblazer, I haven't had any maintenance issues. And if its anything like the other GM trucks I've had in the past, I'll have it for a long time.

My First Car

by Young Driver from Rockford, IL on Tue Jul 20 2010

My 2004 Chevy Trailblazer is awesome! I got it a little over 2 years ago with 73000 on it... I fell in love with it when I test drove it so needless to say I bought it! I travel to Chicago from Rockford (about 300 miles round trip total) A LOT!!! It has never given me any issues really! Being that I am the only one in my family with an SUV we took it to New Jersey and on top of all the trips to Chicago it was the most enjoyable car we have ever taken! Handles great in snow and can Haul! My 6'2" dad didn't even have a problem riding in the backseat! Overall one of the best cars I have ever driven!

Not Bad

by Chace from Chicago on Thu Dec 20 2012

I bought an 04 in 2010 with 97k mi on it. It now has 164k miles on it and it is still an excellent car. I wish we would have pruchased the AWD version, ice and snow do not like this car at all and vice versa. As far as maintenance it was simple wear and tear. However, the motor in both of the windows went out and cost me $350 to replace ONE. So, needless to say the passenger window will have to wait. The headlights are constantly going out but that's no big deal the automotive shop always fixes it cheap. I haven't really had any major repairs needed to the car (knock on wood) this is definitely an excellent car. I've driven from Chicago to Springfield, MO (about 900mi round trip) several times with no issues.. I love this car.

Great Truck

by 04Tblazer from Hodgenville, KY on Mon Oct 27 2014

This is the best mode of transportation I have ever owned. It is so reliable, and the gas mileage isn't that bad. If you air the tires up between 40 and 45 the gas mileage goes up by 2 to 3 MPG. I filled up went 172 miles and filled up again. I divided it out and it showed me getting 22.9 HWY MPG. While hauling a little over 3000 Ibs. So just a few little things will make a world of difference. I also changed the fuel filter and in less than a week it paid for its self. If the air filter hasn't been changed in 3 years or so change it. It also made a world of difference as well.

too much value

by wmnomoretoys from midwest on Tue Aug 04 2015

If Chevrolet keeps making cars like this, I'm not sure how they will get more business. My '05 TB won't wear out and never needs any work. I love the car and bought it brand new, but I have no incentive now to replace it since it has everything I need and I'm completely satisfied. Last new vehicle I bought was a Toyota truck and the piece of junk, I was contantly working on, is still parked in my driveway since it's not worth anything to sell. The TB engine is an LL8 that was highly rated on the 10 best engine list 4 years in a row. The inline 6 holds 7 quarts of oil, is drive-by-wire (smooth gas pedal), coil on plug, all aluminum and variable valve timing - it's super smooth even at high rpm which is normally not needed because it has a lot of power. I only change oil every 10K miles and I have nearly 200K on mine. It doesn't burn a drop of oil between changes. My TB still has the original fan belt. Everything is original except the brakes, tires, battery and I replaced a drivers side window regulator which was an easy job for about $75. The gas gage went out at 75K miles but Chevrolet covered half the parts and labor even not under warranty. Toyota will never do this, as I've owned them before. Chevy mailed me about the problem (unheard of for other manufacturers). I drive 6 miles per day, at least, down a terrible bumpy gravel road. This vehicle has lasted over ten years of gravel and salt abuse, city driving, and still no rust - it just keeps on going and still drives like new. Extra features like automatic 4x4, climate control, heated leather memory seats and sunroof, steering wheel controls all make you feel like you are in a luxury vehicle and I basically just can't ask for much more except a mp3 input but in 2005 they didn't have those and I don't want some hack adding one.

Uses car for Towing

everything is fine except for .....

by outdoors man from michigan on Sat Feb 09 2008

i can't believe all the reviews i've read say it's comfortable. i find the seats are too stiff (for me) i can't go longer than 3 - 3.5 hours on a road trip without stopping at a rest stop and walking around. i bought it new and have had no problems with it (50,000 miles as of jan 08). i use it to tow a trailer and a boat, the 4 wheel drive comes in handy (michigan).

Great Mid-size SUV

by Love of the Road from Montgomery Village MD. on Tue Jan 30 2007

Better than I thought it would be. Wife and I had wanted a SUV for some time but thought it would be to much like a truck. Rides like a car and pulls like a truck.

awesome suv

by elintocable from chicago,il on Fri Dec 10 2010

I love sporty cars but always wanted a small suv so when i had trouble with my mitsubishi spyder i went for a trailblazer,the best car i ever had it's so quiet and enjoyable for long rides that i can take half my soccer team with me. only problem i had was the stereo worn out with the use other than that i totally recomend my friends to try this car...i love it.

FIRST TIME OWNER

by FIRST TIME IN A BLAZER from HOUSTON on Fri Apr 25 2008

I got my Blazer, it had 20k miles, I made a few long trips, the ride was very smoth, I felt I could drive for ever, The fuel mileage was better that I thought it would be. I do not know about the reliability, but then I am a strickler for maint. so I don't thinK that will be a problem. The power just is not there, (don't pull out in traffic). other than that, you will love this truck!!

great for hauling

by sidd from milwaukee on Sat Sep 16 2006

Great for the winter. Great for hauling in the summer. Great for family travel. Nice vehical to drive for a man or woman. Easy to handle, drives like a car.

1 2 3 4