2006 TrailBlazer EXT

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT

4.2

4 out of 5 stars Interior Design
4 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have you driven the 2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT?

Nice SUV for the money

by Big Dawg from Lansing, MI on Thu Mar 18 2010

I purchased a 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT 2 months ago. Overall I have been pleased with the vehicle although I had to take it back to the dealership for a few repairs. I purchased the vehicle with 47,000 miles which is fairly low. I also purchased an extended warrantly for 3 yrs/36k miles. Even the vehicle is certified and came with a 1 year warranty I felt more secure with an extended warranty. I took the Trailblazer back to the dealership because I could hear some noise underneath the vehicle while driving it. Also, the wheel alignment was off and the right rear door was dificult to close. The dealership replaced the left front wheel bearing which took care of the noise. They also did a wheel alignment and replaced the check link on the door. I was disappointed that these repairs had to be done because the vehicle was certified and should have been fixed before I purchased the vehicle. However everything was done free of charge so no money out of my pocket, just time at the dealership. The vehicle itself is fully loaded with almost every option offered. It has heated, power, leather, memory seats, DVD player, rear climate control, 6-disc CD player with Bose speakers, and steering wheel controls. It also is an EXT with a 3rd row seat that folds down. I like to option of being able to seat up to 8 people, or fold the seat down for more storage room. The DVD player is convienent when your on long trips with kids. The engine is a 6 cyl that has decent horsepower and not too bad mileage for a vehicle that size. I just drove from Michigan to Maryland and averaged 20 mpg. The Trailblazer has a nice smooth ride and handles nice.

Nicest Car for Family & Dad

by AverageJoe from NY on Sun Feb 14 2010

I Bought 06 EXT LT (Fully Loaded) and put 60,000 without any issues as of yet. The Ride is smooth along with extremly comfortable seats. The power is incredible. It accelarates similar to the police crusier I use on a dialy basis. Corners nicely like a car (possible due to the extended wheelbase).Kids Love the DVD and the wife and I like the non-minivan appearance. Suprisingly the trunk space is much roomier than a Tahoe. It can even tow. Overall I feel like I am riding around in a Cadilac. This is by far the nicest car I have driven. The only complaint I can think of is the screen on the radio does not have a dimmer.

GREAT CAR

by NEE NEE from SEQUIM WASHINGTON on Sat May 29 2010

WE HAVE HAD OUR EXT FOR 4+ YEARS AND WE STILL LOVE IT. NOT ANY PROBLEMS. HAD TO REPLACE A $150 BEARING AFTER 4 YEARS, BUT THAT IS ALL. COMFORTABLE RIDE, EASY HANDLING. IT IS AN EXT SO YOU HAVE TO WATCH BACKING AS IT IS LONG, BUT WE HAVE LOVED THIS CAR, THINK I WANT ANOTHER ONE BUT SHORTER. THIS IS MY THIRD CHEV BLAZER. EACH ONE HAS BEEN TOTALLY RELIABLE.

Best Six Cylinder Ever !!!!

by pete from Miami on Sat Aug 29 2009

30,000 miles, Battery replaced, tires and one rear A/C duct,elec.gate control I love this car. Best car ever for the money. out pulls V8's of similiar displacement/size and better economy. This is the most advanced Six cyl. ever great brakes built to last it's made like a truck and rides like a car mine ha Prem. ride package, stabil track and leather and DVD player, I discovered that the rear A/C has a 3 + minute delay from inicial key switch start.

"Looks like a truck but drives as smooth as a car"

by ZOEY from SC on Tue Oct 17 2006

I am really enjoying the purchase of our 2006 Trailblazer EXT because it is so roomy inside and it has very comfortable seats. It also has many features that are standard that really come in handy without the big price tag as some of the other ext. models. I am really pleased with this vehicle so far. I was so surprised when I drove it for the first time and it drove so quietly and smoothly even on rough roads. This is a really great suv for anyone who needs enough seats for seven people . The only thing that I see that our family would love more of in this vehicle is more radio speakers for the 3rd back seat listeners. GREAT SUV FOR THE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wife's Fav.

by Big Dog from Chardon, Oh. on Wed May 12 2010

Drove very well. More power than anything in catagory. Great turning radius. The wife likes the Trailblazer even more than I do.

Serves its Purpose

by Trailblazer Owner from Clarence Center NY on Fri Jan 29 2010

Bought this used as a Certified GM Vehicle. Glad I had the bumper to bumper warranty because I've had too many little problems. The gas gauge stopped working,auto locks and power window on drivers side doesn't work all the time. The ignition hesitates sometimes.Left front hub replaced,right outer tie rod fixed and pinion seal leaking. All fixed under warranty,but for a vehicle with 45,000 miles it seems to have too many problems. On the plus side it rides great and I like the engine although it doesn't get good mileage. Tows my boat great, which is why I bought it.

Best SUV Ever

by Trailblazer06 from San Bernardino, CA on Thu Mar 21 2013

I love my Trailblazer. I would buy it again. I love the fact that I can go to Costco and Sam's Club in one trip. My Honda is for economic traveling while the Trailblazer is for comfort.

Great Sporty People Mover

by Suzanna from Cincinnati, Ohio on Mon Jul 23 2018

I really like this car. It has a solid and responsive engine and drive train, hauls a lot of people and all their stuff, has great towing capacity. With all that power, the drawback is not fantastic fuel mileage. It?s still comparable with other cars with the same features though. Overall, an excellent car.

Great for traveling on a long trip

by heavy from Riverside, Pa on Thu Jan 04 2018

The LT is great for trips. It hugs the road and is nice for groups of 6-8 people. It handles well in bad weather.

1 2