2016 Traverse

2016 Chevrolet Traverse

2016 Chevrolet Traverse

Have you driven the 2016 Chevrolet Traverse?

comfort and space

by chipper from La. on Mon Oct 05 2015

I purchased this SUV and we love it. We can seat 7 with the captain chairs and it handles well.Plenty of power and its decent on gas.It looks bigger on the inside than it actually is.I like getting in and out of it like a truck (in a car its like your getting off of the ground to get out). The ambient lighting ,the stiching on the dash and other areas look great. Plenty of air bags and great crash test rating. I have seen one on the road pulling a small camper. I have had GM s in the past and this one is a home run also.

Super happy with my traverse!

by JennC from Clarksburg, Md on Sat Apr 22 2017

I was looking around to replace my 13 year old expedition and knew that I wanted to still stick with an SUV. I needed the room for my 2 kids, their friends, my 2 dogs, and whatever else ends up going in the typical mom car. I went with the traverse because it has a very similar interior size as my expedition even though it felt smaller to drive. The gas mileage doesn't scare me since I'm used to low gas mileage anyway. The feel when driving it is wonderful. I've had it for a year and a half and have had no problems. Everything works the way it should and it's extremely reliable. It's just a great car overall!!!

Traverse is perfect for multiple uses

by ERM from Delano, MN on Fri Mar 10 2017

The Traverse feels like it was custom made for me! It is so comfortable and smooth riding, that I use the cruise control whenever possible to be sure I don't exceed the speed limit! The seats are easy to lay down so I can easily fit in the groceries and carry large loads with my volunteering, and quickly put the seats back up when I have a group to transport. Absolutely love the trunk opening with a push-button . The Traverse is great on mileage, requiring infrequent stops on long trips.

great value

by ryang from on Fri Oct 30 2015

Great car, and a great price for the features. We purchased this recently and love the space, Its very comfortable for long travels

Roomier than Highlander prettier than Pilot

by Tukule from Fenton, MI on Sun Jan 15 2017

Roomy, comfortable, great seating position. Good gas mileage for the size, and powerful V6, and remote start is awesome. Even FWD is great in snow and swallows a lot of cargo. Interior is mostly black, but the satin chrome accents are back lit at night- coolest feature in car interiors today. Lots of bins and power ports too.

Love my traverse

by Shawnny from Mastic Beach Nu on Tue Mar 21 2017

The traverse has plenty of room. We have taken the car on several trips and I am always comfortable no matter where I sit, from driving to even the back when my wife drives. What an awesome vehicle! I wish the back tailgate opened and closed with power assist.

Love this SUV

by D&D Sidney from Sidney, OH on Thu Mar 16 2017

We love this vehicle. Very fun to drive!! Extremely roomy inside and so comfortable. This SUV has great get up and go!! Very happy with our purchase!

Most comfortable and roomy car I've owned.

by Davesha from Fort Myers, FL on Wed Mar 29 2017

I really like my traverse, it's roomy and comfortable. Plenty room for the car seats and kids. Only thing I don't like is there's always something that need servicing and when your warranty is over that's not good.

Most comfortable and reliable car I own

by Mteveres t from Winnsboro Louisiana on Sun Sep 03 2017

I purchased a used 2016 Chevrolet terverse with a lot of options and under 20k miles. boned, with two younger children that require car seats. There is still some room behind me with the seat backed up all of the way. The features and smart key are a nice touch. I am used to a V-6 vehicle, so it has taken some time getting used to the slower acceleration in normal or ECO mode. In Sport mode, the acceleration is good. I really like the looks of this car. It just stinks you have to go to the Sport or Limited model to get dark interiors, but I'll deal with it.

Downsizing to one vehicle is hard.

by knitter from Prince George BC on Mon Mar 06 2017

It seems to have as much capacity to haul 'stuff'. Like the car starter, and heated seats. Definitely an upgrade from the previous vehicles we had.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2016 Chevrolet Traverse

The 2016 Chevrolet Traverse offers generous cargo space and passenger room, but truck-like handling and an irritating multimedia system are major weaknesses.

When it comes to things like diamonds and vacations, bigger is almost always better. When it comes to three-row SUVs, that's not always the case — especially where Chevrolet is concerned.

In Cars.com's $40,000 Three-Row SUV Challenge, the 2014 Traverse went head-to-head with several rivals — including the Toyota Highlander, Dodge Durango and Hyundai Santa Fe — and landed at the bottom of the pack. For 2016, the only change of note is the addition of standard 4G LTE connectivity and Wi-Fi hotspot functionality (data subscription required... Read More