2006 Chevrolet Uplander consumer reviews

side view of 2006 Uplander Chevrolet
Explore the 2006 Chevrolet Uplander
4.3

Under appreciated van

My 2006 uplander is a reliable, low maint, problem free van. I maint it well and have only replaced front brakes in 4 years that I have driven it.

Value

Great Van. I am surprised at all the negative reviews. Mine has been solid reliable for nearly 100,000 miles. The performance is decent, and the interior is fairly quiet and comfortable. I got mine for around 80% of list with some serious haggling. Appearently, no one else wanted one - their loss! Gas mileage is even pretty good for the size. t least 26 mpg on the highway. 19-20 in stop-and-go.....

Excellent family car...

i didn't want the traditional minivan, I guess because of the whole soccer mom thing, however this vehicle has the shape of an SUV with the convenience of a minivan. The BEST of both worlds. The storage, seating space and ease of use far surpass that of the SUV. Test drove several SUV's that seat over 5 and NONE seated more than 5 comfortably. The extra seating sacrificed ALL storage space where the Uplander Crossover still has PLENTY of storage and more than comfortable seating. Also test drove several minivans and though some were nice, I prefer the body shape of this to any of the others. After purchasing this vehicle I would NOT buy an SUV.

4.0

Best I've owned so far

I love my new van but my only complaint is that more features did not come standard. It is very roomy. We really like that and with 4 kids that is a must! there are no cup holders for the 2 nd row; which is a MUST in our family. Will have to go and buy something to put back there for their drinks. Also we really wanted a drop down DVD player (LS does not have) but still for the value we got we had to give up some bells and whistles. I think that DVD players in minivans should be standard. Drives and handles well. Liked that there are vents in the back so the kids can get air but I love the fact that the controls are up front with me so that kids won't fight over them (or tear them up!) We got the 2006 as a program car. Had problems with the radio which they are fixing for us now!

Couldn't Be Happier

Chevy's contribution to the minivan market is outstanding. We love the following features: * The DVD player * OnStar * The engine - I think quite powerful for a minivan * The interior lighting - like a jet liner - excellent We couldn't be happier with our purchase.

3.4

My dad's minivan

This review is for a weekend with my Dad's Uplander LS (long wheel base). I loved the color (bordeaux red or dark red). The dash was layout out well, but a bit of hard plastic on the top of the dash was a disappointment to an otherwise nice IP. Two things were a bit inconvenient, the LCD readout was a bit hard to read w/ the sun shining and I couldn't find a balance or fade. The head line was the good kind (not the fuzzy kind). Storage was reasonable. Radio was fair for the base trim. The std DVD makes up for many of these faults. My son loved it! The front seats were comfortable. The 2nd row captains were a bit low and narrow. The third row were very nice for 3rd rows. I don't like that the 3rd row is a 50/50. It makes them less "arrangable". I think the reason for this is GM didn't want to make a seat too heavy to carry b/c the 3rd row doesn't fold into the floor like many others, they come out entirely. There is no latch for the sliding doors (safety issue in my book) The manager who disallowed this latch should be fired! There is no rear HVAC vents on the LS, stupid thing to not make std equipment. There are only frt airbags, again, not up to par for the course. Lastly, the LS has no cup holders for the 2nd row. The overall interoir on the LS trim level is avg at best. The mechanical asspects were the brighter spots. The tranny works well, but GM should really put a 5 or 6 spd tranny on all current and future cars. 4spd should be considered obsolete. The engine worked flawlessly. Power deliver was good for the payload. Handling was no sports car, but was competitive for the market. The milage read 18.5mpg for the whole weekend. That's mostly city driving. If I had to buy an uplander, I would definately go for the LT2 or 3, just to get the better interior. This is what I would recommend to any of you who are in the market. The LS is just not up to playing the minivan game.

3.7

SFSG

The 0% financing got us in the door (that and the KIA was about to go out of warranty). The interior styling and DVD were priorities. The back-up sensor was broken but they fixed it as soon as they got the part (brakes still squeal in the rear). This is the 1st vehicle we have owned with OnStar. Haven't used it but much like insurance it is nice to know that it is there. So far so good.

4.4

Awsome!

Its a very nice mini van at first! I'm just buying one and it is off the hook!!!!!!!!!! The colors are really sweet! Sandstone, Silverstone, Blue, Maroon/Redis, and more! The offiacle website also lets you see a 360 view, interoir and extiior!!