1998 Venture

1998 Chevrolet Venture

4 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 1998 Chevrolet Venture?

Very Happy with it!

by Tiger Crane Master from Modesto,Ca. on Tue Sep 26 2006

I bougth the Venture used it has 48,000 miles on it. It now has 90,000 on it. I have replaced the Belt, AC hose, Motor mount, Door Sensor, Tires and the Battery. It passed smog with no problems. I like everything about it. I am thinking of getting another one while this one still has some value. Strong bulit - I was hit by a school bus and hardly had any damage. Able- I drove into some big mud on a super rainy day at this new housing site the van was bottomed out in mud and it did not get stuck even thou it was really bottoming out, I drove for at least 100 yards and it did not stop. Performance- A honda with a wing and loud exhuast raced me at a stop light and I beat it, not by much but enough that I was laughing my head off! Looks- the paint now 8 years old still looks really good and the interior still really good and this van was never garadged! I would buy this van again! too bad they stopped making it. I bought a new Mazda MPV and I still like the Chevy better. I think because of all the features. You would think a Japanese vehicle would have more but it doesn't. I have a newer Ford e 350 also, I like the Ford better for ride but it is Giant compared to the Venture. If you are thinking of getting a Used mini van you can't go wrong with Venture. I have owned probably 45 vehicles in my life and this Venture is probably my favorite. Good luck and hope this helps! Tony

Chevrolet Venture minivan wont let you down

by Richie Rich from Lebanon, ky on Fri Jan 13 2012

Very reliable vehicle. We've had our now for 10 years with 290,000 miles. Only replacement has been two water pumps (2nd was free since the first came with a GM warranty from the dealer who installed it). Great comfort for 6 with plenty of room in the back for luggage for 3 adults (went to Disney World with the mother in-law) so we know space matters. I would highly recommend it to all. Not overpriced like the imports.

Most reliable car I've owned

by Paulaz83 from Commerce City co on Tue Aug 22 2017

This car is good to me and meets all my needs when I need lots of room it doesn't feel big when I drive it and it is comfortable easy removable seats and recycling seats perfect for a big family to drive places

Our Take on the 1998 Chevrolet Venture

Minivans get no respect.

Hopelessly domestic, totally uncool. Those who drive them get called soccer moms and Scout leaders. Anything but hip.

But the fact is, most people who burden themselves with the popular, image-laden sport-utility vehicles would be better off driving minivans, which are roomier, seat more people, drive and handle better, and get better gas mileage.

They're just not as cool. They don't have those big, knobby tires or the capability of scaling mountainous jeep trails, which hardly anybody ever does anyway. SUVs remind people of wilderness adventures, while minivans make them think of baby car seats and yardwork.

Meanwhile, in the real world, the latest generation of... Read More