Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2016 Volt

2016 Chevrolet Volt

2016 Chevrolet Volt

Have You Driven the 2016 Chevrolet Volt?

Better Than I Could Have Imaged

by New Volt Owner from Long Island, NY on Thu Dec 24 2015

I have owned my 2016 Volt for a month now and I can honestly say that it is better than I could have ever imaged. The ride is very comfortable with adjustable lumbar support, heated seats and heated steering wheel. It has a solid feel to it and the steering feels tight and controlled. Driving on electric is such a great feeling. The car is quiet and smooth. I have traveled 650 miles since getting the car and have not used the gas engine at all. On the weekends, in between errands, when I come home I plug in to add to the mileage I have left on the battery and off I go again. I've found that the Volt adjusts its electric range by the way I drive. It has an advertised 53 mile range, but I've been seeing the range up to 58 miles. The electronics in the car are really well done. The 8" touch screen is HD and the fonts used are very professional looking. The navigation works very well and I particularly like sending directions to the Volt via the OnStar phone app. When I get in the car, the directions are there and the navigation system starts. The colors used with the navigation easily point out the route. The screen shows a less detailed map while on the highway and when on side streets the system zooms in to see all the details of the local map. I opted for the 2 safety systems - Forward Collision Alert helps me keep a safe distance from the cars in front of me and has alerted me of cars stopping more than once. I also like the Rear Cross Traffic Alert so I have an extra set of eyes when backing up out of parking spots and the Side Blind Zone Alert is also great for knowing when a car is next to me when changing lanes. The controls on the steering wheel are well placed and I find myself using them to change radio stations or make hands free calling rather than taking my hands off the wheel to use the center console controls. All in all, I like the fit and finish of the car. The materials used feel upscale and make me feel like this is a premium quality auto.

Love the new body style

by Electric dan from New haven,ct on Sat Dec 19 2015

We have only had our volt LT. for 3 weeks .but we love the the car. The new style and interior are impressive .the ride quality is nice and tight with good road feedback.the comfort package is a must have for New England winters for the exterior mirrors heaters.the heated steering wheel is a nice plus!. My wife really loves the apple car play.the ability to have the car read her email to her as the touch of one button and to dictate a reply is really convenient.the touch screen is big and the apps are easy to use.we replace our Prius with this car. The 50 + mpg was great but the volt is getting over 200 mpg so far.we got the car in early December and won't need to get gas till sometime in January.most of our drives are electric only the 50+ miles of electric range is a big improvement. We drive to Florida twice a year and the ability to just go on gas to get there.and then use electric again in Florida is great.the back seat was our only concern and why we did not get the early model.we have 3 grand kids and the hump seat fits the car seat great so it might no fit any one over 12 years old. It works for us right now. We think that the new volt is the car to have if you like the idea if electric car but don't want range anxiety

Avoid the gas stations

by JollyJim from Massachusetts on Thu Aug 31 2017

We bought this GM Certified Volt LT with 15K miles at a great price (under $19K). So far, have driven about 500 miles and the only gas used was just over 1 gallon on the 100 miles to get home from the dealer. Having the gas range extender means it will be possible to go on a long trip without worrying about finding chargers, but the 50 mile plus electric range is normally all we need. The back seats are very tight, which is the only drawback we've found so far. On the plus side, it's efficient, fun to drive, very quiet, comfortable and way cool!

Watt Gas?

by Watt Gas? from Manchester, KY on Wed May 17 2017

Efficient, Fun, Quick, Silent, Super Cheap to drive...this car brings a smile to my face every time I drive it. I had a 2012 Volt Premium that I put 50k miles on before purchasing this 2016 Premier. The Volt is amazing and very misunderstood by the general public. Think of it this way. For the first 50 miles or so it is a Tesla, then until you recharge it, it is a Prius, but more fun than both because you get the best of both worlds. I have been getting about 70 miles on the battery without using the AC on back country roads before the engine will switch on. It takes about $1.50 to recharge it from electricity. Once it switches to gas expect between 40-50 mpg depending on terrain, technique, and temperature. The Volt is AMAZING. My family and I use it as our "go to Vehicle" unless we need much more space for luggage-even for a two night overstay we can usually turn to the Volt-longer than that then we use our Saturn Outlook. I have driven this Volt over 1,000 miles and have only used 0.75 gallons of gas so far. The Volt doesn't limit you like a Tesla (scared you won't reach a charging station) or a Prius (no 50 miles of electric only) instead it FREES you to enjoy the best of both. Try a Volt for yourself and enjoy the silent excitement of an EV without any of the drawbacks.

Chevy Volt

by Super Transportation from Phoenix, AZ on Thu Sep 24 2015

One of the BEST CARS on the market today. Instead of using OLD CAR TECHKNOLOGY, ie the internal combustion Engine with added frills to the car, this techknowlogy upgrades a totally New Way of drivivg and a way to STOP using Gasoline altogether so GAS STATIONS go out of business. If asked I would like to ADD my own ideas to make this happen.

My 2nd Volt

by Voltage2016 from Bright waters, NY on Sat Dec 03 2016

All I can say is I love driving my volt. It has never done me wrong. It's probably one of the best cars I've ever owned. It's stylish and sporty and people always ask me questions about it. NYS needs to add more charge point chargers to stores and shopping malls. That will make me even happier lol

great engineering

by SS from western ma on Sun Mar 20 2016

chevrolet has created a wonderful driving experience.comfort power fuel economy and a combination of electric and hybrid technology.glad i waited til the 2016 model arrived the features are considerable.first thousand miles and 3 gallons of gas used. the available modes to conserve fuel are welcome . the overnight charging for our family workable but i can see the 240 volt charging system soon.

Awesome car and the best Plug In Hybrid Period!

by stephmipar from Oxnard, CA on Thu Oct 05 2017

Our second Volt after a 2013 Lease finished. The new design starting with the 2016 is hands down the best Plug in Hybrid in the world! Even better than the 1st generation version. Honestly, there should be no Prius cars sold at all, ever since the first Volt rolled off the assembly line in 2010. When I ask a Prius owner, why they bought a Prius, they always answer...Because it gets 50 miles per gallon. I just shake my head, our first Volt had a lifetime MPG of 240 MPG and our new one is still over 200 MPG due to the large amount of trips we went on. Most of the time, we don't even touch the gas in the tank, going a year or more at a time between fill ups. One of our trips, was over 1000 miles and we still got 54 MPG! Another trip had 153 miles of electric on the 53 mile charge, due to the large amount of downhill driving over the 200 mile segment in Yosemite. There just in no real competition yet for the Volt and the room and drive comfort is amazing! We folded the back seats down and brought exercise equipment home from Sears with no problem and countless other trips to Home Depot with no need for a truck. It is also, still the only car in the word that always runs on the electric motors, so the gas engine just generates electricity to run the motors. That way you always get the electric driving experience and makes everything far more simple instead of other companies trying to make complicated merged transmissions with the engine and electric motors. The whole point of driving electric is so you don't have to deal with the sluggishness of the gas engine and transmission!

Does what's promised

by Sunny on Tue Apr 10 2018

Second generation Volt is a big leap forward than its predecessor. I love the interior styling and comfort. I wish it had a 100-mile range. Lane assist isn't reliable though.

Does not recommend this car!!

Liked it so much, we bought it twice.

by bikelady from Madison, Wi on Fri Dec 23 2016

Our first Volt was totalled by some idiot who didn't feel like the stop lights applied to them, and we had to get a replacement fast. They aren't easy to find, but we loved our first one, and this one has been just as great.

1 2

Our Take on the 2016 Chevrolet Volt

Chevrolet has transformed the Volt from a quirky science experiment into an extremely impressive premium compact sedan, with far more refinement and usable technology than any of its competitors.

The standard practice of many Japanese automakers is to change popular models minimally from generation to generation. It may seem obvious, but "fix only what's broken" is not something American automakers often practice. Instead, they're fans of the "start over and change everything" school of thought.

That's why the 2016 Chevrolet Volt is a revelation: It's an obvious, serious refinement of the current model, a product of GM listening to customers and fixing only what was wrong while quietly improving what... Read More