2012 Avenger

2012 Dodge Avenger

2012 Dodge Avenger

4.3

Have You Driven the 2012 Dodge Avenger?

Taking it down to reliable town.

by Gregory Excellent from Nashua,NH on Wed Mar 04 2015

After driving old clunkers and boat'ish sedans, this car is a great first step for first time buyers. It is affordable, reliable,classy, and extremely smooth. Would be a great first ride for graduates and working professionals.

awesome car

by happy consumer from pittsburgh pa. on Wed Mar 05 2014

I bought my Avengers 1 year ago and I love it.... Very fast very smooth very quiet and it handles like is riding on Rails I would definitely recommend this car.

Most reliable car I've ever owned.

by Kalie from Springfield on Thu Aug 17 2017

I went to the car dealer, and almost got a Subaru, but the salesman said "wait I have the perfect car for you" so he ran and got my Dodge Avenger sxt. I love this car, it's very powerful, but very quiet. I read bad reviews on older dodges catching fire and many things going wrong, hopefully this doesn't happen to me.

Great Car Don't listen to the, "Car Guys"

by Avengerfan from NC on Mon Jul 23 2012

Purchased my Avenger 4 months ago and have 5,000 miles. I researched the car a lot on line before and after the purchase and the negative comments that the, "car experts" write about this car just are not true. The interior is the best in class with great head room and finishing touches that make you feel like you are in a high dollar vehicle. I find that the front and back driver and passenger room is mush better than the sonata and competitive with the camry. The trunk space fits my golf clubs and enough luggage for a family of three to be away for a full week. The car corners like it is on rails to coin a phrase and is very quit to drive. The options that are available at purchase are second to none. Give this car a try you will love the styling inside and out.

CS reports are full of it

by oh what a feeling from odenton MD on Wed Dec 19 2012

Got the 2013. The car rides well. Corners and road feel are excellent. The CS guys says its unrefined, well on testing for 25 mins. Show how much there worth. Had the car with the V6 engine. Outstanding performance for the buck. Also based on the insurance and trade in value of old car. Dodge offers a llot. Its one of the best cars on the road.

charger lil brother

by Q from Peria IL on Sat Aug 11 2012

I had a suzuki forenza before i got the sxt avenger... NOTE never again will i drive a foreign vehicle! Since ive had this avenger it makes me feel like i finally got a car worth the money, very nice fast and smooth ride love the stereo system and interior also... Go test drive one you will love it!

LOVE LOVE LOVE

by Mj314 from ST.LOUIS, MO on Mon Jun 09 2014

NOT ONLY DOES THIS CAR LOOK INCREDIBLE BUT DRIVES SMOOTHLY AND SPACIOUS AS WELL! I LOVE IT AND WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND IT TO A FRIEND!! DRIVES NICE GREAT GAS MILEAGE! BUT I WILL WRITE ANOTHER REVIEW LATER BUT MINES GREAT AND RUNNING WELL AT 50K MILES 2012 DODGE AVENGER SE

Test drive one before you buy another mid size!!!

by Tercesyrev from Chicago, IL on Tue Jan 10 2012

I recently got a 2012 Avenger SXT Plus (V6) as a company car. I'm in my 50s and in sales (once in car sales) so I've driven a lot of different makes & models over the years and have a pretty good understanding of cars. Even though Chrysler upgraded the Avenger in 2011 and most the reviews were very positive, I was somewhat hesitant ordering it, after all . . . an Avenger? But since it was the only car in my choices that had a V6 I ordered it and crossed my fingers. Now that I've had it for a while all I can say is this car is phenomenal, especially for the price. Because of my job I rent a lot of cars including the over hyped Camry, the Sonata, Altima, etc. All nice cars but the Avenger stands right with them. Super quiet, super fast (much faster than the others) and super smooth. It is a blast to drive, much more so than the boring Camry, Altima or Sonata. If you want a cushy, nimble, light car feel then get one them. If you want a tight yet smooth, sporty, heavy / solid car feel then the Avenger will give you that. You feel much more part of the car which I like. Exterior and interior fit and finish is top notch. Much improved over the older models so I have read. MPG: 19 - 21 city, 28 - 30 Hwy. Incredible for a car that will also get you from 0 to 60 in less than 6 seconds! If you're in the market for a new mid size, you have to test drive a 2011 & up Avenger. Don't be surprised that it ends up being your next car. I'll do a follow up review after 25,000 miles

2012 Avenger R/T Just LOVE IT!

by Johnny B Quick from Coos Bay, Oregon on Sat Nov 10 2012

We looked at the Avenger a couple years ago. loved the style but not the car. CV tranny was disappointing. Quality so, so. Then we test drove a 2012. They have come a long way in two years. Quality is way up there. The 3.6 engine is great. 6-speed automatic transmission is wonderful. We bought the R/T model. Have 9000 miles on it now and love it more today then the day we bought it. Yes it has tons of power, but we also get pretty good fuel mileage..average 29 with 34 on the highway!

Bye Bye Accord, Hello Avenger!

by UsedtobeaHonda from Irivington, NY on Thu Sep 22 2011

I was passing by a dodge dealer, and somethign caught my eye. so i decided to pull in and look around. I found what drew my attention. The 2012 Dodge Avenger R/T. I at the time had a 2010 Honda Accord EX-L, which to be honest is a pretty boring car, but its good on gas. I never heard of the Avenger before, I started talking to the dealer associate and got inside the car and took it for a drive. I noticed that the tachometer is front and center, not the speedometer, and I kinda liked that. It made it feel more of a sportier car. The suspension is well tuned, and the 3.6 pentastar purrs like a cheetah, and the car drives like a cheetah runs, quick and agile. I also like the off center stripe going from the front seat to the rear, it adds attitude. The seats are really comfortable, it gets pretty good gas for a V6 (19/29: so far my MPG AVG is 28MPG. I was drawn in, I had to buy the car. I was pleasantly surprised when I got out and checked the sticker price. $28,000 and change. My accord was well in its 30K mark. The interior is nice, made of good quality soft touch material. Chrysler Jeep and Dodge have a great set up when buying a car, it was nice and easy. I remember buying my accord it was such a pain! I eventually sold my accord, after the Avenger came home and I don't miss it at all. The Avenger has less road noise, and a smoother ride. Not to mention, it doesn't make me ( a 29 year old man) look like a wimp, like the accord did. I love my Avenger, and so does everyone else that has been in mine. My wife is pretty jealous. We're buying a new car for her soon (she now has a Toyota Camry) and we're looking at The Dodge Journey R/T for her, or maybe the luxury one, (shes pregnant with our first kid). One things for sure, its going to be a Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep family from here on out!

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2012 Dodge Avenger

Editor's note: This review was written in May 2011 about the 2011 Dodge Avenger. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2012, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

With all the attention surrounding the Chrysler 200 midsize sedan — thanks in part to a breakout Super Bowl commercial — its sibling, the Dodge Avenger, has been quite overshadowed. Like the Chrysler, the 2011 Avenger receives noteworthy changes inside and under the hood, but its exterior didn't change as radically as did its sibling's when it transformed from the Sebring into the 200.

That's a problem, because the Avenger is going to need all the help... Read More