2012 Avenger

4.6 out of 5 starsExterior Styling
4.3 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.2 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.3 out of 5 starsReliability

Taking it down to reliable town.

by Gregory Excellent from Nashua,NH on March 4, 2015

After driving old clunkers and boat'ish sedans, this car is a great first step for first time buyers. It is affordable, reliable,classy, and extremely smooth. Would be a great first ride for graduates and working professionals.

awesome car

by happy consumer from pittsburgh pa. on March 5, 2014

I bought my Avengers 1 year ago and I love it.... Very fast very smooth very quiet and it handles like is riding on Rails I would definitely recommend this car.

Most reliable car I've ever owned.

by Kalie from Springfield on August 17, 2017

I went to the car dealer, and almost got a Subaru, but the salesman said "wait I have the perfect car for you" so he ran and got my Dodge Avenger sxt. I love this car, it's very powerful, but very quiet. I read bad reviews on older dodges catching fire and many things going wrong, hopefully this doesn't happen to me.

Great Car Don't listen to the, "Car Guys"

by Avengerfan from NC on July 23, 2012

Purchased my Avenger 4 months ago and have 5,000 miles. I researched the car a lot on line before and after the purchase and the negative comments that the, "car experts" write about this car just are not true. The interior is the best in class with great head room and finishing touches that make you feel like you are in a high dollar vehicle. I find that the front and back driver and passenger room is mush better than the sonata and competitive with the camry. The trunk space fits my golf clubs and enough luggage for a family of three to be away for a full week. The car corners like it is on rails to coin a phrase and is very quit to drive. The options that are available at purchase are second to none. Give this car a try you will love the styling inside and out.

CS reports are full of it

by oh what a feeling from odenton MD on December 19, 2012

Got the 2013. The car rides well. Corners and road feel are excellent. The CS guys says its unrefined, well on testing for 25 mins. Show how much there worth. Had the car with the V6 engine. Outstanding performance for the buck. Also based on the insurance and trade in value of old car. Dodge offers a llot. Its one of the best cars on the road.

charger lil brother

by Q from Peria IL on August 11, 2012

I had a suzuki forenza before i got the sxt avenger... NOTE never again will i drive a foreign vehicle! Since ive had this avenger it makes me feel like i finally got a car worth the money, very nice fast and smooth ride love the stereo system and interior also... Go test drive one you will love it!

LOVE LOVE LOVE

by Mj314 from ST.LOUIS, MO on June 9, 2014

NOT ONLY DOES THIS CAR LOOK INCREDIBLE BUT DRIVES SMOOTHLY AND SPACIOUS AS WELL! I LOVE IT AND WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND IT TO A FRIEND!! DRIVES NICE GREAT GAS MILEAGE! BUT I WILL WRITE ANOTHER REVIEW LATER BUT MINES GREAT AND RUNNING WELL AT 50K MILES 2012 DODGE AVENGER SE

Test drive one before you buy another mid size!!!

by Tercesyrev from Chicago, IL on January 10, 2012

I recently got a 2012 Avenger SXT Plus (V6) as a company car. I'm in my 50s and in sales (once in car sales) so I've driven a lot of different makes & models over the years and have a pretty good understanding of cars. Even though Chrysler upgraded the Avenger in 2011 and most the reviews were very positive, I was somewhat hesitant ordering it, after all . . . an Avenger? But since it was the only car in my choices that had a V6 I ordered it and crossed my fingers. Now that I've had it for a while all I can say is this car is phenomenal, especially for the price. Because of my job I rent a lot of cars including the over hyped Camry, the Sonata, Altima, etc. All nice cars but the Avenger stands right with them. Super quiet, super fast (much faster than the others) and super smooth. It is a blast to drive, much more so than the boring Camry, Altima or Sonata. If you want a cushy, nimble, light car feel then get one them. If you want a tight yet smooth, sporty, heavy / solid car feel then the Avenger will give you that. You feel much more part of the car which I like. Exterior and interior fit and finish is top notch. Much improved over the older models so I have read. MPG: 19 - 21 city, 28 - 30 Hwy. Incredible for a car that will also get you from 0 to 60 in less than 6 seconds! If you're in the market for a new mid size, you have to test drive a 2011 & up Avenger. Don't be surprised that it ends up being your next car. I'll do a follow up review after 25,000 miles

2012 Avenger R/T Just LOVE IT!

by Johnny B Quick from Coos Bay, Oregon on November 10, 2012

We looked at the Avenger a couple years ago. loved the style but not the car. CV tranny was disappointing. Quality so, so. Then we test drove a 2012. They have come a long way in two years. Quality is way up there. The 3.6 engine is great. 6-speed automatic transmission is wonderful. We bought the R/T model. Have 9000 miles on it now and love it more today then the day we bought it. Yes it has tons of power, but we also get pretty good fuel mileage..average 29 with 34 on the highway!

Car yo buy on a budget

by Baby Charger from west newton penna. on April 10, 2012

I have had my Avenger SE for two weeks. The cost for it new was only $16645 and it is fully loaded. The car is avg. 25 miles to the gallon. I have had many compliments on the blue streak color along with the bold chrome grill.I had a Kia Soul before this that was a good car but this has a much better ride.So if you want a car with a low price good fuel mileage, smooth ride, and five star safety rated at least take an Avenger for a test drive.

1 2 3 4 5