2014 Dodge Avenger

All Reviews

by from Detroit, MI on June 3, 2014

I considered, reviewed and compared the Dodge Avenger with the Chevy Malibu, the Dodge Challenger, and the Ford Fusion. Overall, this car proved to be the best bang for the buck. This is the 10th car I've ever owned (I won't list them all) and, the only one I've ever owned that, so far, has proven to be better than this one was my Pontiac Trans Am. Still, I would advise potential owners to consider the Avengers with the V6 engine... the 4 cylinder is often "sluggish" on initial take-off.

by from Minnesota on October 28, 2014

I am on my 2nd Avenger. I bought a 2013 with the 4 cyl. 2.4. It was ok, but I ended up finding a great deal at the same dealer for a 14' SE V6 with satellite radio and U-connect phone. It is awesome. 283 ponies in this little car, lots of fun. It is like a small Charger, but way more affordable. No problems at all. Not everyone wants a Camry! This thing hauls, and it is fun to drive. I like the sound of the dual exhaust. It just sounds cool! Great car in my opinion.

by from Washington, Il on July 17, 2015

This is by far the best car in its class ! I have the 3.6 L . with the Rally package . I get thumbs up all the time from peps around town. It has the power and fuel milage to go with it , I average 27 between town and highway, thats better that the window sticker says I should be getting. I do recommened this car to anyone that wants looks and performance .

by from Morrow, Georgia on August 13, 2014

My husband and I just got the 2014 Dodge Avenger and I love it. I love everything about this car. It has room and good gas mileage. Thanks Evan Biddle, at Landmark Dodge Chrysler Jeep, Morrow, Ga

by from NJ on June 3, 2016

I bought the SE "Blacktop" Edition with the 283 hp V-6 engine. It is a fast ride but the 6 gears wind-out quickly. I enjoy being able to drive it both as a manual and automatic. It looks great with the shiny, gloss-black paint, the black aluminum wheels with black interior. Is not easy to keep clean without a garage though. Every scratch shows. The only problem so far was a shorted out, oil pressure gauge that had to be replaced. The resale value should be great with this car, as there are few of the "Black-on-Black" V-6 models around.

by from West Mifflin on November 30, 2013

Looked at Fusion, Malibu, Kia, Suzuki, Hundayi and a few others. Love the looks, inside and out, of the Avenger. The performance with the 2.4L is OK, the 3.6L is fantastic. After 4k mi. I get 19-20mpg & 29-30 highway. The deal was the clincher, I got 3K off from Chrysler(incentive) a good trade-in price and an additional 3% off from the dealer! It is an SE with 2.4L & 4sp. tranny, and no other options. The price was 16.4 before taking the trade price off. See Steve at Dodge in Greensburg.

by from Baltimore, Maryland on July 24, 2014

I love the features. The design of the car is great! I had a good sales associate to help me pick it out!!

by from on January 8, 2017

I've had mine 2 years it's a great sporty car. Very quick and fast for a four door car. I wished dodge still made them.

by from Las Vegas , nv on January 20, 2014

I bought my new 2014 dodge avenger from our local towbin dodge dealership . I couldn't be any happier with my car and their customer service! The blue Jeanie helped me out and was great and have me an awesome price .

by from somewhere in kentucky on March 16, 2014

for the craftsmanship, looks, power, and handling you will be hard pressed to find anything close in the same price range.

Our Expert Review: 2014 Dodge Avenger