2009 Caliber

2009 Dodge Caliber

2009 Dodge Caliber

4.2

Have You Driven the 2009 Dodge Caliber?

Couldn't be happier

by happy with my caliber from lebanon county pa on Sat Jun 20 2009

I went from a neon to a caliber and have had mine for over a year. Here's what we were looking for: a good-looking American car with a hatchback (because we have a big dog), power everything, adjustable front bucket seats, cruise, dark & durable interior, with good gas mileage that doesn't sit so low to the road. Nice to have the MP3 player jack...also drives great in the rain and I love the fact that I can fold the seats down for tons of storage. Hauled a large grill and had no trouble fitting it in the car still in the box. We got all of these things we NEEDED in this car. Being that I'm 5'2" I have absolutely no trouble seeing and there's no need to have the seat lift feature in the other model. The CVT is difficult for some to get used to and because it doesn't shift like a traditional car, you can easily go over the speed limit. Thank goodness for cruise! Cons: gas peddle is touchy, my model has no overhead lighting in back (this should really be standard), chill-zone not the greatest but storage is nice. I'm not a fan of air conditioning and it has to be on coldest setting to really keep anything "cool", not cold. Cigarette lighter not in best spot (for plugging devices in), and there is a slight blindspot in the back passenger rear. The small windows in back don't provide much visibility, however, the mirrors adjust great - you can actually point them down far enough to see the curb below. Could use just slighly more leg room in the back and wished they had better choice of exterior colors. Overall a great car that handles well; I recommend it to anyone looking for an economical vehicle that looks a feels great to drive. I plan to have this car till the end of its life.

2009 caliber

by good from lindsay, ont. canada on Wed Apr 08 2009

We have 3000 Km on our 2009 sxt. We researched it carefully and drove it for a weekend before closing the deal. We are happy with our choice. We checked our mileage carefully from Lindsay Ont. to Port Huron USA and 30 mpg was our end mileage. This was with 4 adults on board and every nook filled with luggage. The main reason we bought it was because of the high seating position. I am arthritic and found it hard to get in and out of our Dodge SX2.0. I have measured the difference. I am sitting 16 inches higher in the Caliber. Although my wife is 6 inches shorter than me, we both like the extra height and only need to move the seat ahead and back to conpensate for our different sizes. It's no luxury vehicle, a bit road noisy but who cares, turn up the radio. We like it a lot. Simon

Traded in my Honda on this.

by Notahondagirlanymore from Huntington , WV on Sun Jan 23 2011

I have been a Honda girl since I first sat down in my 1997 Honda Accord LX I loved that care and 202,000 miles later it was time to move on. I bet I test drove 100 cars before I got to the Caliber. I love it. I will not go back to Honda. Its sporty and comfortable and just a good all around car. I love the SVT even if it is going to take some time to get used to. This is probably one of the best cars out there for the money. I just bought a 2009 R/T and when the time comes I look to just get another newer Caliber.

Such a deal was this

by Red Oscar from Kentucky backwoods on Sun Sep 13 2009

We bought our new Caliber SXT during the "Cash for Clunkers" program. This is our first Dodge vehicle. I am very impressed with the fit and finish of the car. I find the Caliber easy to drive, with more than sufficient power to merge into traffic or mosey along the highway. The interior is roomy and comfortable. Yes, you have hard plastic on the dash, door panels, and center console, but I don't find this a problem. Everything fits together well, and is squeak and rattle free. I love the auxiliary input on the radio. The car has great ground clearance, and large 17" aluminum wheels. It's hard to rate reliability when it's only a month old, but I gave it a "Good" rating as implied by Consumer Reports. We got a great deal on the car, and if I can get 15-20 years out of it, I will be elated.

Can't Say Enough About This Car!

by Bullrun from Denver, CO on Wed Jul 15 2009

Gets better everyday. Average MPG = 34, combined 40% City/ 60% Hwy. Rides smooth. Road noise is average. Sound system is outstanding. Very few blind spots. Enough room for family of four. Plenty of trunk space. 18" Wheels look great. Air conditioning is nice. Cloth seats are comfy. 2.4L 4cyl manual is quick! Nav & MyGig are great toys to have! UConnect phone sounds great.

KNOW I CAN GET TO WORK IN THE MORNING

by LOVES MY NEW CAR from Wichita, KS on Tue Apr 03 2012

I am 100% in love with my new car! It has everything I could possibly ask for. Perfect for my family and lots of room. I would suggest to anyone!

Top Car...

by Average Owner from Danbury, CT on Sun Feb 27 2011

I own a 2008 SRT-4 and it is really a fantastic vehicle!... so well made, and a lot of extra power when you need it. I came across it accidentally while viewing many other sporty hatchbacks and wanting a manual shift. This car is a trophy- they did a fantastic job! I understand that the transmission is German made (Damlier-Chrysler in 2008). Styling speaks for itself... a beautiful exterior with deep comfortable bucket seats. I am a little older and am not a "speed performance freak" so, have not modified the engine, as many do. My car is just "factory-stock" and I maintain it very well. It is the best car I've owned!!!- exhilarating power when you want it on the highway...WOW! thx

College/High School Student Car

by jrliu13 on Tue Sep 19 2017

Lots of cargo space to haul stuff around. Comfortable interior. Transmission had issues when we moved to the mountains.

Does not recommend this car!!

SRT-4: Fast Reliable Car For Little Money

by CaliberAtor from San Francisco, CA on Sun Nov 28 2010

I have the SRT-4. It is by far the best American car I have driven. The performance is great. The most horsepower you get for the money. The styling of the car is great. It really stands out from its other Caliber counterparts. Luckily I haven't experienced the safety features in a crash but others have given it great reviews. The cars starts every time.The turbo is great with no lag. Gas is above average, about 28mpg combined with my driving. My wife gets 32mpg combined. The interior quality is nice but too many palstic parts for my taste. Handling is good but I hate the torque steer. It got a little getting used to. 5 stars.

Life saver

by LM from Washington state on Wed Aug 26 2015

I owned a 2007 caliber by far the best American car I have owned. The performance is great. The most horsepower you get for the money. I loved how much you can shove in this little car. I was in a severe car accident lately and the respondents were amazed I survived. My car was totaled but I walked away with only bruises on my lower legs from the air bags. Thank you caliber for saving my life.

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2009 Dodge Caliber

A car like the Dodge Caliber SRT4 says a lot about the person driving it. Maybe not as much as the home video your friend posted of you on YouTube, but it's revealing nonetheless. What does it say? It says everyday practicality is on equal footing with performance in your world, and you're OK with that (the SRT4 is a four-door hatchback, after all).

Knowing this, it seems worthwhile to determine how this performance-oriented compact car rates when it comes to everyday livability and utility. After driving the SRT4 for more than a week, my conclusion is a mixed one. The Dodge performed admirably in some respects but suffered serious deductions in others. (Performance junkies can get more background on... Read More