2006 Charger

2006 Dodge Charger

2006 Dodge Charger

4.5

Have You Driven the 2006 Dodge Charger?

Happy to own this car!

by Porterjohn of NY from Yonkers, NY on Wed Sep 23 2009

I own a Dodge charger R/T and must say I think I like the car more than I thought I would. I was aiming for a SRT8 charger, but I couldn't find one I could afford. I like the cars exterior design, my car is a white cream color that I think is the nicest and rarest of all the chargers. I love the cars performance, it handles better than you'd think a car this size would. I love almost everything about this car. But, they are a few things I wish were different, the steering can be overly sensitive, And I found it difficult to see traffic lights, no joke! I had to hunch down- head to the steering wheel so I can see the light. Its rather embarrassing at first but I got use to it, plus If my wifes in the car I just ask her to pay attention for the light to change, so I don't have to hunch over. All in all a 5 out of 6 for this car.

Keep it a Secret..............

by Freezer from NJ on Fri Nov 17 2006

This is the best car I have ever owned. What a blast. I get all kinds of stares and comments on this car. I have a 2006 Charger R/T in brilliant Black Pearl. The Hemi is awesome. I installed a K&N cold air intake. She has 361 ponies now. It does make a difference in performance and fuel mileage. The growl of the HEMI is much throatier now. I have all the options except the rear DVD. Not worth the price. Blue tooth and NAV and Sirius are my fav's. I looked at the Mustangs and have ridden in one. Boy am I glad I didn't buy one. The Charger blows it away. You feel like a sardine in the Mustang. Even my sons 11 year old friends can't stop talking about my car. They want a ride all the time. I had a headlamp get condensation in it the first week I owned. Dealer fixed asap. I have 4100 miles on it now and I jump at the chance to drive it. My suggestion to all you prospective buyers is to compare the Rice burners and the other Muscle cars out there and you will buy this car hands down. I have the Perfomance shift/steer/exhaust package. Make sure you get that with tthe R/T. Not all have the package. Also, AWD comes on the 07. Traction control and ESP are very nice on a car at this price. This veh. has the Mercedes tiptronic trans and rides on a Mercedes multi link susp. Get one fast before they stop making them.....

Love It!

by MotoAce51 from Horseheads, NY on Mon May 28 2012

I bought a 2006 Charger RT. Its fully loaded and I love it. It has power, great handling and anything else I could want. It has MDS so it kicks from 8cyl to 4 when cruising on the highway. It gets decent mileage as long as you drive more than 5miles at a time. When tuning the engine I was shocked to see it took 16 spark plugs which could become quite pricey. But people recommend using the cheap copper ones like from the factory. The interior is loaded with heated leather seats and dual climate control. There is a NAV system, and rear DVD for the kids. The trunk room is huge, and the rear seat is large enough you can fit a car seat and 2 full size adults. I was wondering if I would regret paying a little more for a little older car but I wouldnt take it back for anything. The car is amazing...

excellent

by Kenny M from Hollywood, Fl on Wed Jan 08 2014

This car is a lot more comfortable and a lot more fun to drive. Fast! Fun! Great looks! Very comfortable! I appreciate the excellent build, ride, and fun of this car you must test drive one. It ranks as the best car I've ever owned!!!

Cruiser and a bruiser

by Rumble Bee from Tampa Florida on Sat Jun 13 2009

I have a yellow rt daytona with 39000 miles and it runs great{I dont understand JD Powers rating}the only problem was the electric engine fans stop working.The car is a smooth ride and performes very well.I burn regular 87 because of gas prices with no problems.

Fast, Functional, Fabulous

by Mopar Still Rocks from North Florida on Mon Feb 27 2012

2006 Dodge Daytona Edition Hemi Charger with all the toys: Faster than I hoped for, everything makes the car fit absolutely perfectly, and Dodge found the sweet spot that combines comfort and performance. I have owned a 1966 custom Mustang and a 1972 TransAm among others and thought it would be nice to have a "go-fast" again. Oh yeah... Get the driver's settings just right and all you need is a 6 point seat belt. Adjustable pedals, tilt/telescoping steering wheel, infinitely adjustable super-comfortable premium sport seating ... impossible to ask for more! Great visibility, handles impeccably at all speeds. Great Hemi growl and tuned exhaust, doors close with a solid confident sound, esthetically pleasing cabin with intuitive controls on dash and steering wheel. A little pricey compared to comparable vehicles and plan to budget for 19 mpg MOL, but you will spend every dime without complaint. Enjoy the ride!

Great car (SRT8) if you dont mind the MPG

by Laid back guy from Virginia on Fri Jul 11 2008

I bought this SRT-8 in May of 08 when gas prices were extremely high, so I was able to get a good deal on it. The interior is quite cheap. Just a bunch of cheap plastic everywhere. The seats are the most comfortable ive ever sat in. The gas mileage is horrendous, but thats to be expected with a 4100lb car with a 6.1L engine in it. Runs very hot (the engine temperature will always be a quarter of the way to the right of 200) but Dodge says that is normal. Not a very comfortable ride. Brakes stop you on a dime. Fun car, but not for a daily driver unless you can chip out 4.25 for premium in a 19 gallon tank.

Charger's room was tipping point over Mustang GT

by New TorRed Owner from Minenapolis on Thu Jun 15 2006

I am a muscle car fan, but not a gear-head. I know what I like, strong looks, speed to kick booty, and a good throaty roar. We first test drove a Mustang GT Premium - I have been lusting after these since their re-design. It handled pretty well and had a ton of giddieyup. The throaty exhaust sounded great until you hit overdrive, where you simply heard the engine revving way up. It's fatal flaw was that the seats were all extremely tight. The passenger seat is so tight and has so little leg room, I felt like I was eating the dash board. The back seat is a joke - they should have simply made the trunk larger and saved the trouble (it was comical seeing the sales guy try to act comfortable while riding back there). Then we test drove the Daytona R/T. Similar giddiup. Exhaust roars all the way through into overdrive. Felt in more command of the corners at higher speeds than the 'stang - maybe because of the weight or weight distribution. But as I noted in the title of this, the biggest feature that we really liked was that the car felt roomy! I did not feel claustrophobic as when I rode in the 'stang. The front seats are more ergonomic than the Mustang's and the back seats really will seat another couple of adults in comfort. Nobody seems to mind that it has (gasp!)... 4 doors. Woah. We bought the Daytona Charger - in the brand new color TorRed. We are loving all the attention this car gets! She's one mean-looking crowd pleaser. We even catch Mustang owners giving us looks of envy.

Yea, It's gotta hemi !

by Buckeye from The Buckeye State on Tue Aug 15 2006

This really is a great family car with 340 horses and room for three car seats in the back. My likes are exterior styling,great engine and transmission,great handling for a full size car,comfortable seats, very easy to read instruments and information center, and great automatic heat and a/c controls My dislikes are poor cruise control position (it belongs on the steering wheel,not behind the turn signal), sloping windshield takes some getting used to, and no standard transmission offered. Overall I'm very pleased with the car and would recomend it to anyone.

Anyone experiencing brake squeeling

by Squeeling and Upset from Glendale, AZ on Tue Nov 21 2006

The Charger has some nice get up and go, and with our 24 inch Niche's, we get plenty of "thumbs up". I'm really concerned about the brakes squeeling when they are applied and warmed up. The dealership says it's the metal pads. They replaced all the pads and the squeeling continued. Now they are replacing the rotors (front and back). The Service Manager is also pointing out the metal pads. He told my wife the problem may persist until Dodge comes up with a new pad. Is anyone else having this problem??

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Our Take on the 2006 Dodge Charger

The Dodge Charger SRT8 reflects the proud performance heritage from the 1960s, yet it is a thoroughly modern muscle car in the way it combines a sophisticated interior with power and handling.

The 425-horsepower, 6.1-liter Hemi V-8 is packed with power. Stabbing the throttle is like tickling a tiger - you'd better be ready for a quick response. The muted exhaust contains distant echoes of NASCAR. The SRT8 accelerates to 60 miles per hour in about five seconds. The transmission's AutoStick function allows the driver to change gears manually with just a tug on the gear lever.

The Charger shares its basic chassis and powertrain with the Chrysler 300. Both use numerous pieces from Mercedes-Benz .

The SRT8's... Read More