2002 Dodge Dakota consumer reviews

Explore the 2002 Dodge Dakota
Shop the 2002 Dodge Dakota
4.0

My home depot hauler

I had this truck for 4 years with 84k on the odometer and put 26k miles on it. Bought for peanuts, $2800 and sold it $2500. I did keep it up with regular oil changes, tranny, brake, cooling, fluid changes, and new brakes. It was a 4th vehicle so it sat outside however it always started. I had the 3.9 with an automatic. Nothing breathtaking about the truck but it did exactly what I need to do, haul stuff from point A to point B. MPG was 15-16 in town, 19-20 on the road (YMMV) Thought enough of the truck to buy the new body style Dakota with some creature comforts to replace it.

Really good truck

This truck met all my needs and got me to a to b. And its still running really good and the interior is in good shape

3.7

2002 Dodge Dakota

I like the size of the Dakota and the styling. But the frame has rusted which has been a disappointment. The engine is good overall. For a low cost used truck it serves its purpose.

Great dependable vehicle

Never thought I would buy new. It has been a great truck and has been versitale for everything I have needed it for. Pulling a horse trailer or a trailers of any kind. It has given me 15 years of service and family vehicle.

I got the 2002 Dakota quad cab with small v8

I absolutely love my truck. It has 155,000 miles on it and I still drive it all the time. The gas millage has never been great, but I didn't expect it with a v8 in it. It will still get up and go, and I love it. Have had some minor issues, but I would expect the same type things with any vehicle this age. This truck had more leg room in the back seat than any of the full sized trucks that I drove. All the people in my family are 6 ft. plus and they fit in it comfortably. Am going to get another vehicle because of my miles, just use the Dakota for quick run trips. I hate that the resale value is so low on Dodge trucks but it is what it is.

Great pick up

For 20 years no issues at all. Great. V6 motor lacks a little butit makes up for it in determination.

GREAT CAR I OWNED

IT WAS VERY RELIABLE AND I LOVED OWNING THE CAR. I hope the new owner will love it as much as I did.

4.4

I'm now also a Dodge fan

If you like going off the beaten path then this truck will do it. For a V8 it gets as good of milage as our 2012 focus when all is running properly.

3.7

I love this truck

I have no reason to keep the truck any longer and need the money more, this truck is awesome and i hope someone else gets to enjoy it like i do.

2002 DODGE DAKOTA QUAD CAB SLT PLUS

Our 2002 Dodge Dakota was a New Car Trade at the time we bought it August 2006. 10 years later and we have logged another 100,000 miles (now 146,000+) and it''s still going strong with just regular Dealer ASE Certified Maintenance upkeep...It is a very comfortable truck to drive especially since it is a long wheel base Quad Cab. can't say anything bad about it. Our Grand-Kids-Love-Papa's Truck.