2006 Dakota

2006 Dodge Dakota

2006 Dodge Dakota

4.0

4 out of 5 stars Comfort

Have You Driven the 2006 Dodge Dakota?

Review from Repeat Dakota Buyer

by I_Rode_A_Dakota from Missouri on Mon Feb 12 2007

Given that Dodge dealers periodically offer steep discounts on the Dakota which are not offered by Toyota on the Tacoma, the price was recently right for me to purchase my second Dodge Dakota. I paid $20K for a $30K 2006 Dakota Quad Cad Sport (with all the whistles and bells of the Laramie), and I LOVE the new truck. The Alpine stereo system with amplifier represents the best car stereo I've ever heard at all volume levels. My Dakota drives and handles just like a car, and I much prefer the interior layout of the Dakota over the Tacoma. Toyota can keep their un-discounted, expensive Tacomas - I'll stick with my Dakota.

Great Truck

by Truck Lover from Atlanta, GA on Sun May 23 2010

First road trip I got 23 mpg. Better then the vehicle I have now thatis supposed to get 26 mpg. So far I can not say anything bad about this wonderful truck.

95,000 + Miles

by Tj from St. Louis on Sun Jul 29 2012

I truly love this truck. The engine has been strong, and performs well. However, it does like its gas. The truck has done great in meeting all my needs. The only problems that I have had, has been the front suspension. Also, the driver seat needs to be restuffed. Other than that, I have no doubt that this truck will still be performing beyond the 200,000 mile mark.

I love this car!

by melissafl from Ocala, Fl on Sun Aug 20 2017

This car is one of the best cars I have owned! I bought it in 2014 and it is a 2006 truck and it still runs like I just bought it from the dealership yesterday! Very reliable and has been everything I have needed in a car!

seems to be a solid truck

by joel from milwaukee , Wi on Sun Jan 06 2008

This is my 1st truck i ever bought. I rented a 2007 in the summer to tow my brother in laws 19ft four winns boat which is pretty heavy and it did a good job for towing it considering it was a v6 3.7 so I bought a 2006 with the 3.7 v6 due to gas prices. I'am 6ft 5 inches tall and for a mid size truck I have ample leg room. I live in milwaukee wi where we got hit with a lot of snow storms this winter and in 4x4 mode the truck goes thru the snow like a tank without loosing traction on the freeway or streets. The v6 is just a little underpowered when you hit a hill or grade it always has to downshift to maintain speed and the EPA on the v8s are only 1 mile per gallon less so I would reccomend the v8 but the v6 will work decent. The only problem Ive had so far is my wipers and foglamps turn on by themselvs which may be caused by static electricity. They claim the fix is to flash the instrument cluster coumputer but the dealer wont do this for me unless they can duplicate the problem which can be hard to do since its caused by static electricity. Overall the quad cab 3.7 v6 dode dakota is a nice truck that has many uses and applications such as towing a boat , moving stuff , good daily driver , and comfortbly sits the family.

nice midsized truck

by need a pickup truck from central Texas on Sat Jul 13 2013

Nice truck overall. 4 door, 4 WD, 4.8 L V8 gasoline engine, tow hitch integrated with the frame and rear bumper. Recently did very well on a 3,000 mile cross country trip. Adequate size bed. Exactly the type of truck I need. Would probably add a camper top as a personal preference.

Best Truck for the money

by Patriot from Springfield on Fri Nov 02 2012

The Dodge Dakota is the only true mid-size pickup truck. An adult could actualy sit in the back seat. It also was made in the good old USA in Warren Truck Assembly in Warren, Michigan. Ihighly recomend this truck if you do alot

Very dependable.

by Plindleysmith from Iowa City on Thu Jul 06 2017

Needs more leg room for tall drivers, but it works for me. Back seats not really meant for adults although it works for smaller children, which was a problem at times. The MPG is not good at all. Since my children are all grown I really don't have a problem with this truck and mechanically I have had few problems. It was a good buy for me.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great truck with lots of horse power/

by Mountain from aurora, colorado on Tue Aug 29 2017

Great vehicle for those who do not want a full size but want the power. Great off road vehicle with lots of interior space.

2006 Dakota

by Hooter Hunter from Burbank, OK on Mon Feb 25 2013

Purchased a 2006 Dakota 4x4 with the 4.7 V8 with about 59K miles. Overall, I am happy with the purchase although I had to replace the rack & pinion assembly a week after I bought it. It was fine when I bought it (checked under the truck for leaks) but started losing fluid after a weekend where I put about 1000 miles on the truck. Other than that, I love the truck.

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2006 Dodge Dakota

If any large, gas-guzzling vehicle has flown beneath the environmental and safety radar in this country, it is the pickup truck.

Unlike the SUV -- often perceived as a waste of space and fuel and a perilous road beast -- the pickup truck is seen as utilitarian and necessary. And, frankly, pickup truck drivers don't generally drive like yahoos the way many SUV operators do.

Yet trucks are now offered in as wide a variety as any SUV, from small econo-haulers to Hemi-powered monsters perched atop huge, gouging tires.

Today's test truck, the 2006 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab Laramie, is a niche truck parked within a niche.

Billed as mid-size, it is also quietly promoted as the biggest of the mid-sizes. And it... Read More