1989 Dodge Daytona

1988 Dodge Daytona 2.5 liter 5 speed

by from on November 23, 2014

I bought my 1988 Dodge Daytona brand new. 26 years later, it is still running strong. I still can catch a wheel between 1st and 2nd gear! The engine is superb, and just recently did a second paint job (twilight blue pearl coat). Only problem I ever had with it was the paint job, it started coming off in 1990 due to a botched factory job (I had to have it repainted). It has never broke down on me in the 26 years I have owned it. Due to it's age I have had to replace parts on it which is normal for any car of 26 years. Any how it is a joy to drive and hugs the corners well :)

My first car

by from UT on October 9, 2011

The most fun i have ever had in a car, i learned how to drive stick in this car, and trust me, this car will get down and boogie, it is a quick little car that guarentees a good time.

Amazing car!!!!!

by from MN on February 8, 2010

I jumped on this car for its price. and even though its a automatic and has no turbo. Its still an amazing car. great gas mileage. For an 80's car what more could you ask for than a DODGE DAYTONA!

So good I bought another.

by from Valley Grande, Alabama on May 27, 2009

I bought a new one in 1989. I had it for seven years and never had any trouble with it. It was great. It had a digital dash, on-board computer that computes ETA, MPH, Range, miles to empty, and more. It had an AM/FM infinity stereo with a cassette player and a CD player. It was way ahead of its time. I liked it so much I recently bought one and restored it. It was still mechanically sound after 20 years. I did mostly cosmetic restoration. I get 42 mpg highway and 35 mpg overall average. It will also squeal a tire going into second gear and flat out fly. It holds corners with speed and just hugs the road. I love driving it.

My Car

by from South Carolina on November 12, 2006

I have this car and it is great. the only problem is my turbo acting up. it's probally just with age. good speed. easy shifting. handles great.

Our Expert Review: 1989 Dodge Daytona