1997 Grand Caravan

1997 Dodge Grand Caravan

1997 Dodge Grand Caravan

4.5

4 out of 5 stars Interior Design

Have You Driven the 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan?

The best car I have ever purchased

by PRECIOUS from Surrey, B.C. on Wed Dec 01 2010

This car is really awesome I bought it 208 KM, but it runs like its new. My first car was Nizzan97 which was really good car, and then a Saturn 93 one I came to regret buying and now the 97 Dodge the champ of all. My Dodge is irreplacable. Nothing can compare its beautiful, awesome, fun to drive, makes you feel like you are on top of the world and its very quality. If I have to choose between My Nizzan Maxima 97 and My Dodge van 97 I will defenetly choose my Dodge over the Nizzan its a perfect car and I am really happy with it. Dodge rocks. I am proud to own Dodge. No Joke. The price is unbeatable too.

Excelent Family Van

by Jimbo847 from Des Plaines, IL on Sun Dec 10 2006

Great for a new family. Reliable!!! Plenty of space for kids. And room for their gear. Third row bench seat removes easly if more space is needed. MY van was never garage kept but never had trouble starting in winter.

Fan of my Dodge Caravan used to buy only GM

by Grand Caravan Fan from Detroit Area, Mi. on Sun Jul 14 2013

Got the 1997 GRAND CARAVAN used from family member.I always had GM previously.My. only previously favorite carmaker had constant repairs after so many years of use. I just got used to it. I bought 1 of them brand new within 6 months I had huge rust spots around windows.Dealership kept repairing. Every 2 years like clockwork had to have new muffler system.Fuel pumps starters.I really do feel very badly about negativity of another car maker but its so true.Like I said I just thought that was what it meant to own a car. My Grand Caravan didn't give me ANY problems. Certainly bought new tires and oil changes, definatly a different world than owning ( my previously beloved GM's ) My caravan is for sale now its 16 yrs old.If I wasn't replacing it with another Grand Caravan I would of hated to sell it.

best car i ever owned

by gearhed91 from madison indiana on Mon Dec 20 2010

i bought my van with 225k om it when i got read of it it had 257k i still regret selling it it was the most reliable car i ever owned

been a great van 191k miles and counting

by knoxvol from tennessee on Mon Aug 27 2007

This van has been very reliable for my wife and three children. we have put 120k of the 191k mile on this van with many trips to the coast. no tranny problems like we were warned about. the only issues we have had were simple and expected maintanence. the worst thing about working on it is the "3 MIA Spark plugs". They are buried behind the firewall and motor. luckily they are only changed every 100k miles. has been a good van.

Car handles great in all conditions!!

by JMSnowBound on Sat Mar 03 2018

This vehicle has a great amount of room for all the gear. Third row seat means I can haul 7 passengers easily and add the ski rack on top and you are set to hit the slopes with friends or family!

Our Take on the 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan

Chrysler Corp.'s 1997 Dodge Caravan and Grand Caravan are Chrysler's grand examples of a grand minivan.

The Caravan, which debuted in 1984, gave impetus to what has become one of the most important segments of the automotive market. Dodge keeps the momentum going by offering a long wheelbase Sport version and new features such as all-wheel drive and front- wheel disc brakes.

The 1997 Sport package includes monochromatic paint, 16-inch cast aluminum wheels and tires, a 3.3-liter (201.5-cubic-inch) V-6, four-speed automatic transmission, touring/handling package, body-color luggage rack, sunscreen and solar glass, and fog lamps.

Dodge has a little of everything for everybody with its '97 Caravan. The... Read More