2000 Dodge Grand Caravan

Great, reliable. Quick, fun to drive.

by from Claremore on September 16, 2017

Bouggt used 2014 with 89k miles. Transmission went out 2015, bought used tranny $500, put in $400. Then brain, (computer )went out which is typical of this year. Found used $50. $100 labor. Seriously though this motor 3.3ltr is due hard. 3.5 years later still rolling roughly work miles. Comfy cloth interior. Kids love to sleep. Or have friends. Zippy and quick pick up. Good buy!

Uses car for Transportingfamily

DODGE GRAND CARAVANS FOREVER!

by from illinois on July 30, 2017

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS VAN ... if it wasn't for the body that finally rusted .. i would still own it .. i loved everything about this van .. it had a bench seat and made for traveling and sleeping an easy fix for family fun..THE AC WAS FREEZING COLD NOT LIKE THE NEWER CARAVANS UGH:( bucket seats stink for long trips, no where to put your legs up .. BRING BACK BENCH SEATS ...and you can load much more with the bench seats... sad they changed the styling for stow and go .. it sits higher than the newer vans today and had plenty of interior room including more for the driver than its newer styling..

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Very Reliiable

by from Florida on January 13, 2014

Had mine for 4 years with no issues, has always been a smooth ride, I bought it used 2000 caravan sport, has only has basic mantaince, easy on the gas, smooth ride, before this one I had another 2000 sport and got in a wreck with it totaled the van but not a scratch or anyone, Perfect for safety also (that's why I bought another one) can't go wrong with this one.

Best Value

by from NJ on October 7, 2013

Awesome Kids love it plenty of room, reliable. Bought this vehicle used. Amazing in the snow. Plenty of room nice driving feel of the road.

money pit. cost me more everyday

by from Flushing,Mi on July 14, 2013

should have waited for something else.need reliable transportation.was promised it was what I needed, what a joke and the joke is on me. another senior taken.

Great Vehicle.... but....

by from Indianapolis on July 19, 2012

I bought my 2000 Grand Caravan used, with 70,000 miles on it in 2003. It had beeen a very reliable vehicle, roomy and great for road trips. Except after I had the water pump replaced (with Mopar OEM pump). The serpentine belt nightmare begins! There was not a Chrysler recall, although it was a widely recognized problem on 1998-2000 models.I never had a problem before that, but now the belt would slip off when driving through even not so deep puddles of water (6 times that I can remember at $130 to $150 each time). The dealer did not remedy the problem even after putting on a "splash shield" that cost me $150. That did not work... After reading internet forums posted by others who had the same problem, I finally found a solution. It was a grooved pulley and belt combination ($250 installed). I have not had a problem with the belt slipping off in over 2 1/2 years since. The Caravan is still running great and will be difficult to replace when the day comes.

Unbelievable.

by from Tulsa, OK on February 26, 2012

My wife's 2000 Grand Caravan has had the worst maintenance care. First spark plugs at 158k, first air filter 195k, first fuel filter 203k. But has had oil changed every 3k. Check engine light has been on since 100k. Has 229k and uses 1/2 quart oil every 3k miles. Has 3.3 ltr V6 and runs betterthan my 2008 4 ltr Town & Country Limited. I bought the T&C for road trips because I don't trust a vehicle with this many miles and nothing has gone wrong eccept a front axle bearing at 115k. Everything works, nothing wrong yet.

Satisfied owner.

by from Manassas, VA on December 29, 2011

I have owned this vehicle for 6 years and bought it from the second owner who is my brother with 92,000 miles. Everything works just fine but, at 105,000 I had the engine replaced with a JASPER re-manufactured at a cost of $6,500 installed. I now have about 130,000 miles on it and it runs beautifully.

Would reccommend to anyone with family

by from indinapolis on June 24, 2011

We have had our Grand caravan sport for over 10 years. It has been the most reliable vehicle we have ever had. Will buy no other mini van.

awesome van!!!!!!

by from social circle. ga on March 7, 2011

Had this van for 2 yrs and i love it more now than the day i bought it!!! Love the body style more than any other vans new or used