2000 Dodge Grand Caravan

dodge caravan sport

by from on July 18, 2010

192000 miles on 2000 caravan and still going strong. I am on my 4th trip to california from missouri.

Great Vehicle.... but....

by from Indianapolis on July 19, 2012

I bought my 2000 Grand Caravan used, with 70,000 miles on it in 2003. It had beeen a very reliable vehicle, roomy and great for road trips. Except after I had the water pump replaced (with Mopar OEM pump). The serpentine belt nightmare begins! There was not a Chrysler recall, although it was a widely recognized problem on 1998-2000 models.I never had a problem before that, but now the belt would slip off when driving through even not so deep puddles of water (6 times that I can remember at $130 to $150 each time). The dealer did not remedy the problem even after putting on a "splash shield" that cost me $150. That did not work... After reading internet forums posted by others who had the same problem, I finally found a solution. It was a grooved pulley and belt combination ($250 installed). I have not had a problem with the belt slipping off in over 2 1/2 years since. The Caravan is still running great and will be difficult to replace when the day comes.

has problems

by from edmonton alberta on March 13, 2008

smooth ride, but many problems hard to fix but lots of cargo space and power.very big and long maybe to long but is nice for afamily van

Best Minivan For The Money

by from Lusby, MD on September 15, 2006

The GrandCaravan was the best minivan for the money! I am very happy with the perfromance and handleing of it. the 4 quarter pounds help the body roll witch is none like my friend who has a ford windstar and it scares me going around turns i tought we would flip. Other than that the caravan has been very reliable i've had it for almost 7 years and all i have had a problem with is the driver side window moter keeps going out and the passenger window keeps going off track. Other than that its perfect i wound want any thing else and i dont plan on getting rid of it anytime soon even if the dealer offerd us 12,000 for it becuase it looks Brand New and has 97,000 miles for being a 2000 thats pretty good right!

Exceptional Value for the money

by from Richmond Hill, GA on June 4, 2007

We have owned our 2000 GC SE model for two years, and it has been an exceptional vehicle. The steering is second to none and the sound system is the best I have ever had in a vehicle - it ROCKS! The reliability has been incredible, and we have over 113,000 miles on it. A real work horse that doesn't ask much in return. We have changed the oil on schedule and done the regular maintenance and it has served us well. I would definitely buy another one.

Would reccommend to anyone with family

by from indinapolis on June 24, 2011

We have had our Grand caravan sport for over 10 years. It has been the most reliable vehicle we have ever had. Will buy no other mini van.

Unbelievable.

by from Tulsa, OK on February 26, 2012

My wife's 2000 Grand Caravan has had the worst maintenance care. First spark plugs at 158k, first air filter 195k, first fuel filter 203k. But has had oil changed every 3k. Check engine light has been on since 100k. Has 229k and uses 1/2 quart oil every 3k miles. Has 3.3 ltr V6 and runs betterthan my 2008 4 ltr Town & Country Limited. I bought the T&C for road trips because I don't trust a vehicle with this many miles and nothing has gone wrong eccept a front axle bearing at 115k. Everything works, nothing wrong yet.

Sport Model is Plush!!!

by from Maryland on September 3, 2006

Love this Sport Model!! Tons of Upgrades!! Minivan Driving at it's finest!! Great solid interior keeps up with young boys!!! Drives Smooth & the 3.8L has excellent pick-up!!!

Very Reliiable

by from Florida on January 13, 2014

Had mine for 4 years with no issues, has always been a smooth ride, I bought it used 2000 caravan sport, has only has basic mantaince, easy on the gas, smooth ride, before this one I had another 2000 sport and got in a wreck with it totaled the van but not a scratch or anyone, Perfect for safety also (that's why I bought another one) can't go wrong with this one.

Satisfied owner.

by from Manassas, VA on December 29, 2011

I have owned this vehicle for 6 years and bought it from the second owner who is my brother with 92,000 miles. Everything works just fine but, at 105,000 I had the engine replaced with a JASPER re-manufactured at a cost of $6,500 installed. I now have about 130,000 miles on it and it runs beautifully.