2001 Dodge Grand Caravan

Best van for a family

by from Middleport NY on July 15, 2017

Purchased this van after having child #2. Much room for kids gear. Good mikeage. Extremely reliable. Safety rating is great. Lasted for years.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Awesome Reliable Durable Smooth Minivan

by from Murrieta, CA on June 16, 2017

I have had this car for 3 years and it has put in tons of work. I used it to commute back and forth to Fullerton for the past 2 years and it has only had minor mechanical issues because I made sure to take care of it.

Car has been great and very reliable.

by from Sewell NJ on June 12, 2017

This vehicle is very comfortable to drive and comfortable for passengers as well. There is tons of space and perfect for family vacations. It has been very reliable for most of its life. The car is now almost 17 years old and has just started having some problems ie. transmission dying, air conditioner broken, etc. Other than that the car still rides very well and has been perfect for larger families.

Served us well

by from Burlington, CT on March 6, 2017

We owned a 2001 Dodge Grand Carvan ES for about 15 years. It's been a great car, with very few major issues. We had to replace the transmission at about 10 years old, but other than that,we've only had to replace minor things like the alternator, water pump, etc., which wear out on every car. Very roomy and comfortable ... my wife had a tough time letting it go!

I love dodge caravan

by from College park, ga on July 2, 2016

I have had two dodge caravans. My first one was a 1999 dodge caravan and I was so happy of its performance it got stolen and when I found it was like going to a funeral for a family member she was family but she had been stripped for parts. Then my friend bought me another one same color but this time a 2001 dodge caravan. I was happy again and this time I got a alarm on it. This van came with built-in car seat so if I remove my toddler car seats I steel have car seat in the van. I have had this van for 2 years and 6 months. I want another one so I can fix this one but I don't have the money right now. With all TT hat said dodge caravan is the best.

Poor transmition

by from Anchorage, AK on April 25, 2014

Grand Carivan ES all-wheel drive with 3.8 l engine. The automatic transmition just went out at 150,000 miles. The transmision started going out ttwo years ago. We changed the fluid using synthetic and we were able to nurse it along until now. The Dodge dealer mechanic said that one of the clutches wore out. We did tow a small utility trailer from time to time and we'd load the van pretty haevy when going camping. I don't think the transmission was up to the talk. We've had to replace a widow motor as well. A power steering hose has gone out once and popped off another time. There was a recall on that hose for other Carivans, but not ours.

bad brakes

by from seattle, wa on December 19, 2011

the brakes are diificult to push. you must always stay away from the car ahead of you because pushing the brakes takes that much longer. definitely test drive the brakes before deciding.

Awesome

by from St. Louis, MO on November 18, 2011

200, 000+ miles on my Dodge Grand Caravan Sport and going strong. I drive--ALOT--and have no problem depending on this van to get me there and back everytime. Hoping for another 100,000 before I get a new one, and it will be a Grand Caravan also!

Tim

by from owa on July 26, 2011

i used to have a 2001 Grand Caravan with the 3.3 in it. it was my moms daily driver till she got herself a new Pontiac. i kind of stole it from her as it just sat. and i did like it more than my own car so i just parked mine and drove the van it got 16-20mpg in it. depending on how heavy my foot was that week. good amount of power. good stock audio. i thought it had the premium cuz it sounded so good. she took it from me and sold it when it had 180,000 miles on it and i wasnt happy about that cuz then i had to go back to my car. its wasnt as reliable and didnt get as good mpg. it was getting bout 15 if i was nice. overall its a great van with minimal repairs needed. i do highly recommend that you look into the van to haul family, other cargo, or just to get around. also very good in the snow with FWD. very pleased. i am a fan of Dodge becuase of this van. reliable and tough

most reliable van i've owned

by from sacramento, ca on May 29, 2011

i think the 01 grand caravan is the most reliable van i've owened. now the van has about 126 000 miles. no major machanical and transmission problem.

Our Expert Review: 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan