Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2007 Grand Caravan

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan

3.9

4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money
4 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan?

quieter than my previous Dodge, more power

by rog - interest in cars and O-gauge model railroads from Georgiaa on Mon May 26 2008

Handling is improved, shorter turning diameter. The 3.8L V-6 has more power noted mostly at highway speeds. The Stow & Go feature is excellent! Ease in changing the seats with NO heavy lifting. I am able to haul 4x8' sheets of plywood INSIDE the van without getting the plywood wet or otherwise 'weathered.' Ease of entry and exit - the seat level for exit and entry is nearly ideal. The 6-way power seat will adjust to any body shape or length of the driver. I found the rear suspension was a bit too soft for carrying heavy loads as it "hit bottom" frequently. I have driven vans since my first 1974 Plymouth van. I have had Fords and Dodges and for me there is no comparison. I am using Mobil 1 synthetic oil for the first time in any vehicle.

Great van

by Scuba from Colorado Springs, CO on Thu Dec 18 2008

This van has been the 2nd best car i have ever owned, the best was my current 2008 Audi A4. This van has so much room, I hauled a full size washer and dryer and still had room for groceries. Never had a problem.

Great value, smooth ride

by John from Portland, OR area on Wed Jun 11 2008

This is a great van for the price you pay for it. We have the stow & go storage which is great when taking the whole family with us (including dogs, that's 7 of us!). We configure the seating so that our pets have lots of room in the middle of the van, store our stuff in the very roomy storage space behind the rear seat, and go. No one feel cramped in and access is very easy getting in or out of the car. Also, the ride is very smooth and handling is good. I gave a 3 of 5 on performance as the van doesn't seem to do well on prolonged steep inclines such as mountain passes (we have the smaller V6 engine), but overall, this is a great van.

Extremely reliable car - van

by Patrick from Houston, Texas on Wed Sep 26 2012

I have had this van since new - we have taken many trips with it - there has never been with the exception of maintenance any problems with the van. It rides comfortably and is economical.

Right car for most jobs

by An Active family man from Coral Springs FL on Sat Jan 14 2012

I can tow a Seadoo, 6 kids, plus stuff and still have a roof rack. Visability is great and storage is the best.

Perfect Family Vehicle

by Family Guy from Atlanta, GA on Mon Jan 21 2013

I am now on my 2nd minivan and my first was an Odyssey (over priced and less storage/more haggle). You will not find a Minivan with more storage space, easier to take down seats, or more realiable than this vehicle. I would HIGHLY recommend this to anyone looking for a car. I have 116K on my car and not one issue!

I'm 19

by Spaceguy1 from Rochester, NY on Wed Sep 20 2017

We got this one when I was younger, when I was in car seats. Was comfy then, and still comfy now. The only bad thing is it's a dodge... the transmission is starting to hard shift down into first. But it's got 115,000 miles on it. Rusting pretty bad in the rockers and the bottom of all doors. It also fits 4'x8' sheets of plywood! So it was perfect to do some minor renovations at home with!

Multi Purpose Vehicle

by Gradpa's Taxi from Winnipeg, Canada on Sat May 03 2014

I'm up to my 15th vehicle now and this one has been the best all round vehicle I've owned. It's not the best out right vehicle I've owned but it is the best all round. It's an SXT with the 3.8L engine, gas mileage has been better than expected with tons of power when needed.I own a computer sales/repair business, I have grand children and taxi them and their parents around, I do my own house repairs and upgrades to my own house and my kids. Can fit a 4x8 sheet in the back and close the tail gate. I even got rid of my truck. So this van gets a lot of use, I'm up to 154,600 miles or 248,804 Km and in that time both power sliding doors had to have their drive systems repaired with upgraded systems under warranty. I also have had to replace the coil pack, first one I've done on a Chrysler, I've done tons on GM V6's. And I've just had to do the water pump and belt, I concider this a maintenance item, factory brakes changed at 33,000 miles to better after-market ones. Other than maintenace items, repair bills have been very low for this vehicle and it has been very reliable which it has to be. Has failed to start only once all this time, it was -36 and not plugged in, my fault. Dis-likes: The horn buttons, ther are 2 of them under the pad and are really hard to use in a panic situation. Side moudlings on mid seats could be designed better, 2 have broken loose. Hard to find a really good dealer. Likes: Excellent power when needed and gas mileage is as claimed or better, except in winter as expected. Great for long trips even up to 1,200 miles, quiet and smooth. Shifting is better after a reflash. Great seating for kids or adults. I can do my own maintenace easily, even change the rear sparkplugs. If you need a realiable every day do everything vehicle then I would highly recommend this mini-van.

Comfy on the inside, rust on the outside

by Dave on Mon Oct 30 2017

Every car has its positives and negatives. This is a user friendly van. The drivers cockpit is roomy in this model. I've driven the newer body style and I felt cramped, but there is plenty of room here. Lots of room for the kids and their stuff and it's easy to get them in and out. The negative is these things get plenty of body rust. The doors and tailgate are prone to rust. The new ones don't seem to rust the same way.

2007 Grand Caravan SXT

by truckin from mi on Thu Sep 04 2014

Great ride , great value , a true family vehicle . Made for vacations . My first van and I wish I'd got one years ago ! No drawbacks with this ride , it can serve any purpose. Now I know why Chrysler is the minivan king !

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan

Let me start out this review with a little psychological test: What is the first thought that pops into your head when you hear the word "sweats" or "minivan"? I'm assuming sex appeal isn't in your list of answers. How about comfort, functionality and ease of use? Minivans - and sweats, for that matter - are easy to jump into in the morning, comfortable to tool around in yet completely un-sexy. As I've given birth twice, I really don't need any more strikes against me in this arena. So you can imagine my disappointment when having coffee recently with a mom of three young boys who, like many moms of three, just purchased a Dodge Grand Caravan (that's not the disappointing part). She loves the functionality... Read More