2009 Dodge Grand Caravan

My family and I love this car is very reliabilie

by from Brooklyn on August 27, 2017

My family and I love this car we learned so new things about the car every time we drove it , the radio sound was great the heat in the winter , the air conditioner was the best every summer and when t car was to hot the ac cool it down real fast . And the car had loads storage space under the seats Which really help me out on Christmas , no one was the wiser where the gifts were . Also I like the children safety window in the rear , children safely door as well , if a new family or a family with small children this car is great . If you have to move large items this car will bet any moving van . My children are almost grown needs some different

Most reliable

by on July 20, 2017

This car is very nice and good car . It is really reliable car and you can drive it to anywhere you want to go without any problem and it is flex full

Okay but not quality

by from Crestview Florida on July 14, 2017

Lot of road noise. Ran funny and didn't handle good around corners. Only 70k miles and the tranny shifted hard, Rough ride. Buy a Honda or a Toyota and save yourself the headache in the future
Not Rated Reliability

Pros and cons here

by from Texas on June 29, 2017

We bought ours well taken care of. The engine is powerful for a minivan. The transmission could use some more detail when built. Overall comfortable and adequate for normal drive. The power windows regulators tend to break in extreme weather conditions as well as the door moldings and rubber seals. Great capacity for both passengers and cargo. Make sure you get the rear A/C.

BRAKES AND BRAKE LIGHT SENSORS

by from KANKAKEE,IL on June 16, 2017

i HAVE NEVER HAD A VEHICLE WITH BRAKE ISSUES AND NOW i HAVE LIGHT SHOW IN THE DASHBOARD. THE VEHICLE HAS 120,000 I HAVE REPLACED ALL THE BRAKES, ROTORS TWICE

I've Had Several Of Them

by from Between Florida and Illinois on June 4, 2017

Eats brakes like a free lunch. And expensive to replace. And they have known about the bcm in all of it's forms being a very expensive and unreliable way to have your dash lights work. Got an estimate this morning to replace ccn $916.47 for part. If you check it on the net you'll see this problem back in the 90's.

Prob with brakes always

by from on May 30, 2017

My only 2 complaints on this van are the very back seats are uncomfortable and no leg space and I have owned this van since 2010 and am constantly getting the brakes fixed. I have never had a prob with brakes on any other vehicle. I hear many other Dodge grand caravan owners complain of the same thing with the brakes, otherwise I love the stow n go, it is very convenient. Other than the very back I love the space and will never switch back to a car again.

I love the car but it falling apart

by from 30071 on May 21, 2017

I love the car but it falling apart. I am having a hard time to keep up with expenses to keep it running. I drive for taxi making 2000 miles a month. Cost me about $1.25/mile to run it.

I tried to like it

by from Abington, MA on June 11, 2014

After 5 years and 83K= miles on our van, I would have to say that it is just average. The worst complaint that I have is with the brakes. The front brakes & rotors were replaced @ 21k miles, rear brakes & rotors replaced @ 32k miles. Front rotors resurfaced @ 48k. Paid over $1,500 to get front & rear brakes & rotors replaced @74K miles. Had to bring it back to the dealership @ 80K miles to have the front & rear brakes & rotors replaced again, N/C to us that time. All four tires were replaced @ 56K and we just had the powertrain inspected & fluid replaced for $270. I was driving it last night and turned on the AC - not cold at all. We have one more payment to make this month and I am afraid that the van will slowly nickel & dime us over the next few years. The only bright spot is that it is comfortable on the highway and the 4.0 L engine has been terrific. I don't think we will purchase another Dodge / Chrysler / Jeep vehicle again.

Issues with Reliability

by from Rochester, mn on April 9, 2014

We really liked the van until problems started creeping up. First there was a pin-hole in the air conditioning line that our mechanic had to find. Now we have been having problems with the ignition. I was informed by the dealership it is the WIN module which costs $100 and has $700 in labor. I started doing some research and found that many people have been having this issue but Dodge has not had a recall on it. It doesn't cause a safety issue other than you can't start it after you shut it off. It looks like this issue starts happening around 60-70K mile.

Our Expert Review: 2009 Dodge Grand Caravan