2019 Dodge Grand Caravan consumer reviews

side view of 2019 Grand Caravan Dodge
Explore the 2019 Dodge Grand Caravan
Shop the 2019 Dodge Grand Caravan

Good Family Hauler

Purchased 2019 Crew Plus with 30k in July 2020. So far only complaint is the clunky UConnect system. Having owned 1988, 1995, 2000, and 2005 model years we have always found Caravans to be sensible, reliable, all round family centric vehicles. Could spend an extra $10k or more for a comparable Odyssey (Primary cars/bikes are Honda’s) or Sienna but personally do not seethe long term benefit. As with all vehicles maintenance is key.

The best value van better than my old Chrysler van

I never thought Dodge built the best van of the century ! It was the most convenient in style and capacity I have even seen the only thing missing is the cruise control ! So far it’s my best caravan it’s sophisticated at first cause I am old school from a dinosaur technological disadvantage era but as times goes on owning it for three weeks it gives me and my dog a haven to transportation for all our summer journey together! I love it better than my old Chrysler minivan!

4.3

A good vehicle for the cost

Only having the vehicle for a few weeks, I can see this will meet my needs. It drives and handles nicely, and has the ability to carry passengers and cargo depending on the occasion. Predominately it will be a cargo carrier for training supplies, so with the 'Stow-n-Go" seating I have plenty of room to haul my training supplies. For a 6 cylinder, it is also getting very good gas mileage (this is very helpful too)!

Best all around useful auto.

Best vehicle for transporting large items, they closed up inside the van. All seats go down for optimum hauling. Rides good and lots of nice amenities

Lots and lots of room

This van met all of my needs has lots of room and storage areas. It is so smooth riding. Im still learning about all about tjis van.

No nonsense family hauler

I've rented a few late model Grand Caravans over the past few years for cross country trips. If you're looking for an affordable, reliable, versatile and comfortable van this is the one for you. It isn't the most impressive, modern, or tech-loaded option out there, but is hands down the most affordable and versatile. The Stow-N-Go seats are an absolute breeze to fold down to transform it from a family to cargo hauler and I figured it out in no time. It is a very simple vehicle to operate and anyone can hop in and drive it without having to fumble around or pull out the owner's manual. One thing I like about it most is that the power hatch is so simple and can be operated manually, as opposed to some that cause a fuss if you don't operate them properly. The seats are some of the most comfortable that I've sat in, and long trips are not at all crippling. Performance is certainly on par with other family haulers of this size, although not particularly noteworthy. Fuel economy is average, about 22-25 on the interstate. Even though the design dates back to 2008 I personally think it's, after the Pacifica, still the most attractive van out there, especially with the black appearance package. My only complaint is the infotainment system is quite outdated, but again, it's a bargain so some compromises have to be made.

A great family vehicle

It meets the needs of my family. I am on my second van and this one is more stylish than my last one. I bought the GT and it definitely has a lot of power. I love the rims, tinted headlights, and the color(charcoal gray).

1.6

Piece of junk

I think it was a piece of crap didn’t run from the get go and I believe they knew it was a piece of crap I am talking about POPS CHEVROLET very bad business wish I had went anywhere but there

Great price Great options

This van is has more than I expected for the price I paid. Very pleased with the purchase. The vehicle is spacious, versatile, and comfortable. Just what the Doctor ordered.

4.3

Great van for a family

Plenty of power and room. Great options available. My family loves the vehicle. Makes long drives much more enjoyable. I find that this vehicle is easy to drive and maneuver.